Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

which engine is better for boost???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the mahles are alloy 4032 while most others such as wiseco are alloy 2618 however it really can't be that much of a difference. from what I understand the expansion rate of the mahle pistons alloy is less than that of the standard forged 2618 piston, that along with the coating makes them frm compatible.
    www.roskoracing.com << Euro-R manifolds/adapters and H22 parts

>>check out my H23vtec build thread...
    http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2030543

Comment

lol, the weight differences wont have such an impact as you're making it out to be deev.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

No? Something tells me that a few extra ounces can make a hell of a difference in tensile stress at 7000 RPM.

Comment

7000 rpm, no. 10000, yes.

if you're really worried about stress at that rpm, then you better start making power lower and back off the timing.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

True... Heavier pistons on a turbo or supercharged engine that makes max power by 6500 would probably be alright.

Comment

heres a link I just found...
              http://www.thermaflo.com/engref_mech.shtml

looks like a 2618 piston would also have more tensile strength than the 4032, as well as a bit higher of a melting point.
              www.roskoracing.com << Euro-R manifolds/adapters and H22 parts

>>check out my H23vtec build thread...
              http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2030543

Comment

Can't forget there already is a f22a in our cars. (toss in my random comment, lol) Making it the cheapest to start with.
                Originally posted by deevergote
                ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
                Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
                Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
                04 WRX stg 2 sedan
                Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Comment

They are very similar engines. I would personally choose the F22B, as most come with lower KM's.

(Well personally I would do an N/A build on an F22A. But I am insane )

Comment

my question is can you boost atleast like 7psi on a stock f22a engine?

I can't find turbo for this car anywhere
                    No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

Originally posted by 407accord

Yes. There are many members that run 8-10 PSI daily.

The best setup for these cars, or best for price, is probably that from a DSM (Eagle Talon).

But its not like there is a shortage of DSM setups on these forums so just look around, you'll find a TONNE of useful information

IE. Westsideaccord's turbo journey
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...sm+turbo+setup
                      Last edited by vi.descending; 03-10-2007, 03:57 AM.

Comment

dang ppl...im glad i started this thread...it has helped me alot...thx
                        A wise man sees failure as progress...

Comment

has anybody boosted a F20B motor yet...and is that the best candidate for boost???
                          A wise man sees failure as progress...

Comment

look a f22b and the h23 are the same head and intake manifold. the f22b and f22a are the same block. the stroke is going to have its advantages in boosting and tq, everyone knows that. the h23 is much a stronger block than a f22a/b hence its closed deck. why do you think a few companys have that cylinder brace cuz the the h22(not all)f22a/b are all floating cylinder walls. h23 hands done but if you build the block and get it tuned it all depends

Comment

Originally posted by 407accord

i boosted 8psi all day long on my stock h23. daily driving and it has at least 120k on it

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                                From what Bisi says, the F22A head flows better than either of those, though... food for thought.

I like food.

*Needs*
                                -New shocks
                                -Struts
                                -Drop
                                -Cleaning
                                -New Tires/Wheels
                                -New Window Tint
                                -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Working...
                                X