Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

which engine is better for boost???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can always use the F22 block/H23 head engine, great for boosting.

Big 16g Turbo/H23 Head Swap/TSX Projectors

Comment

Originally posted by haccord992h
      You can always use the F22 block/H23 head engine, great for boosting.
      that combo is bascially buying a f22b

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
        that combo is bascially buying a f22b
        but cheaper LOL!!! $250 for my head swap

Big 16g Turbo/H23 Head Swap/TSX Projectors

Comment

look a f22b and the h23 are the same head and intake manifold. the f22b and f22a are the same block. the stroke is going to have its advantages in boosting and tq, everyone knows that. the h23 is much a stronger block than a f22a/b hence its closed deck. why do you think a few companys have that cylinder brace cuz the the h22(not all)f22a/b are all floating cylinder walls. h23 hands done but if you build the block and get it tuned it all depends
          the f22b and h23 heads are not exactly the same.
          read this post.

this is the cumbustion chamber on a modified h23 head. I know hemlockz had a thread with pics of the f22a and f22b side by side, but the pics arnt in it anymore, so if anyone knows where there is a pic of the f22b cumbustion chamber, post it.
          spin city

Comment

about 75-85 percent of the people on this forum that say there going to boost end up changing there minds anyway so if your going to boost I'd strongly suggest to just start out w/ the f22a and maybe swap when you get bored of that.

unless you just got a shell

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Mike
              about 75-85 percent of the people on this forum that say there going to boost end up changing there minds anyway so if your going to boost I'd strongly suggest to just start out w/ the f22a and maybe swap when you get bored of that.

unless you just got a shell

yea ur right about ppl changin their minds...i guess ill just start out with the F22A motor since i already have one...which will be the cheapest route to go...

about how much horsepower does a boosted F22A setup give with only doing 8psi (w/o doing no serious engine internal mods)...???
              A wise man sees failure as progress...

Comment

Originally posted by jyoungblood87
                yea ur right about ppl changin their minds...i guess ill just start out with the F22A motor since i already have one...which will be the cheapest route to go...

about how much horsepower does a boosted F22A setup give with only doing 8psi (w/o doing no serious engine internal mods)...???
                It all depends on the health of the engine, how you tune it, what type of intercooler / charge pipe you use, turbine, exhaust, manifold.... There are WAY too many variables. You just dont know till its all together. Most DSM setups will push 190 or so, but they still vary.

Comment

Figure on roughly 10hp per psi... of course, the size of the turbo makes a difference (especially on WHERE you get that power), and the tuning makes a big difference as well.

So, you'll be making somewhere around H22 power, plus more torque, with 8psi. Not bad. I can vouch for about 175whp... it's fun to drive! With the torque of turbo, and the BOV sound, you should enjoy that for a while! Get good stuff. Don't cheap out on the turbo, wastegate, BOV, and intercooler! And of course, tune it properly... you have the burner, so you're already a step ahead!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                    Figure on roughly 10hp per psi... of course, the size of the turbo makes a difference (especially on WHERE you get that power), and the tuning makes a big difference as well.

So, you'll be making somewhere around H22 power, plus more torque, with 8psi. Not bad. I can vouch for about 175whp... it's fun to drive! With the torque of turbo, and the BOV sound, you should enjoy that for a while! Get good stuff. Don't cheap out on the turbo, wastegate, BOV, and intercooler! And of course, tune it properly... you have the burner, so you're already a step ahead!

yea n i need the ostrich!!!!

Comment

Yeah. It's a really useful tool. MRX used one when he tuned my car. I'm sure it sped the process up quite a bit!

Comment

ecotech ftmfw!#!#!#!#!##!#!#!#!#!#!#!

Comment

It's Ecotec... Ecotech makes phones and children's toys.

Comment

the stroke is going to have its advantages in boosting and tq, everyone knows that. the h23 is much a stronger block than a f22a/b hence its closed deck. why do you think a few companys have that cylinder brace cuz the the h22(not all)f22a/b are all floating cylinder walls. h23 hands done but if you build the block and get it tuned it all depends
                            The stroke is the same (95mm) on all three motors though is it not? You're right about the closed deck block being stronger, good point.
                            www.roskoracing.com << Euro-R manifolds/adapters and H22 parts

>>check out my H23vtec build thread...
                            http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2030543

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                              Yeah. It's a really useful tool. MRX used one when he tuned my car. I'm sure it sped the process up quite a bit!
                              speaking of which does MRX live in the Jersey area...?

Comment

No, he's from Jacksonville, Florida. He flew up last year to tune a few engines (I think mine was the only one he really completed, though! Lucky me )

Comment

Working...
                                X