No announcement yet.

Giving my interior a luxury facelift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where did you pick up the vinyl and leather from?

looking good so far.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

are you going to do anything with the head liner? in my car it looked like someone was launching pencils up at it like the kids in school would launch them at the ceiling panels.

Comment

im interesting in seeing the outcome as well...im in deperate need of black interior

Formerly 91AccordExR33
        11.68 @ 127mph
        417whp/375wtq
        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by new_beginnings View Post
          Good stuff here. Definitely an alternative if people cannot fork out $ for FULL Black Interior.
          This still can get very pricey. The leather hide I got cost close to $300. The vinyl is top grade vinyl and cost $35 a yard. All vinyl can be used and it could be very affordable though. They have marine grade vinyl for around $15 a yard.

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
          where did you pick up the vinyl and leather from?

looking good so far.
          The leather was purchase at Hermes Leather on West 38th Street in Manhattan and the vinyl was purchased at Lebo Fabrics on Wythe Ave in
          Brooklyn.

Originally posted by Leung View Post
          are you going to do anything with the head liner? in my car it looked like someone was launching pencils up at it like the kids in school would launch them at the ceiling panels.
          I will be doing the headliner suede. I'm not sure what color I want to use on the headliner yet though. I want to see the dash finished and the body panels on first before I pick a color for the headliner.

I was having a little trouble getting the leather to stick. I might need a stronger glue then contact cement. The leather does not stretch that good at all so I have to do a little at a time and wait for it to completely dry and then stretch it a little bit again. Very time consuming. I still am trying to figure out what I want to do to my dash It would be very hard to wrap it in leather or even vinyl because of all the curves on it. I was thinking of maybe doing the dash in a kinda 2 tone. The spot that is more flat on top of the dash in the signature creme vinyl and then about halfway down the dash where more curves are would be just painted with the vinyl paint. The edge of the vinyl could have pipping to make a nice clean edge.
          Last edited by AbsurdNY; 11-05-2008, 08:09 AM.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
          Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
          My member's ride

Comment

I jus didn't my panals in grey viynal, wat he gave me was a peel and stick fabric.

I guess I got the wrong kind. But it works fine for me, click my mr link, page7
            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
              I jus didn't my panals in grey viynal, wat he gave me was a peel and stick fabric.

I guess I got the wrong kind. But it works fine for me, click my mr link, page7

It looks good. As long as it sticks and don't come off when the car is sitting in the sun you will be good.

I put the black leather on the door insert but it was not working right so I changed around my color scheme (not to mention I wasted a piece of the very expensive leather). As of right now I' going to paint the door panel black, the insert is going to be the signature cream vinyl, and the bottom piece and speaker grill will be the tan vinyl. The leather is just to hard to work with on tight bends. I could use a vacuum sealer and peel ply and kinda like how carbon fiber pieces are made but I just decided to go the easier route. I'm still going to incorporate the black leather in my project in some way or another though. As of right now, I am going to use it for the back deck and back speaker pods. I might also wrap my steering wheel and lace it with a tan brown lace to match the tan on the lower parts of the doors. I will update with more pictures soon

Here are a couple pics of my Accord in the meantime. I never posted any on this site before because my camera was lost and I just found it the other day.

Last edited by AbsurdNY; 11-05-2008, 03:08 PM.

Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
              My member's ride

Comment

A couple new pics. Laid down the cream vinyl. I still need to trim and glue the edges. So far it looks nice

Pic with speaker grill mock up:

My member's ride

Comment

wow u need to go work at a shop or something

The Race Car

Comment

Originally posted by beerman987 View Post
                    wow u need to go work at a shop or something
                    Thank you for the kind words bro. I don't think I would have the patience to do this every single day though lol.

Here are some pics of the finished door panel bottom. I just have to cut the hole for the light.

My member's ride

Comment

Updated pics. Passenger door panel is just about done. I only have to put in a 1/4 inch piece of black hose around the insert to cover up the ruff edge on the vinyl (see last pic 4), and I have to touch up one spot where the contact cement bled thru the masking tape a little and took the paint off. So far its looking just how I pictured it would in my head.

This whole edge will be covered up with a piece of 1/4 inch black hose/wire

My member's ride

Comment

looks good cant wait to see it finished

Backyard Customs
                        Originally posted by xprojectcb7x
                        why would you think people at auto zone would know what they were talking about?
                        Building Fund: $0
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...="0" alt="" /> CLICK IT!!

Comment

How is the hose attached?

Comment

Door panel

Door panel inserts are the hardest for me to do, so the rest should go smoothly.

Oh and I have lots of pictures of mine if you want any for a diy take them, I do not see me getting the time to do any more of a write up then I already did.

Here is the link
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=94116

Also if you have any questions pm me.
                            Good luck.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
                              How is the hose attached?
                              it stays in by being wedged in. you don't need glue.

there's mine, not done yet, but you get the picture.

later.
                              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

This is probably one of the best interior threads. Although it could be in DIY I've seen worse DIY's.

Comment

Working...
                                X