No announcement yet.

Giving my interior a luxury facelift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work Bro! Keep it going and update us on the progress. I will be doing this soon with the Coupe!

Comment

looks sick bro!

Comment

Originally posted by aarbug1 View Post
        Nice work Bro! Keep it going and update us on the progress. I will be doing this soon with the Coupe!
        Originally posted by brianh1290 View Post
        looks sick bro!
        Thank you both. I wish the weather was better so I could finish this up already but it is freezing out and it just snowed the other day again

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
        Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
        My member's ride

Comment

looks great man. cant wait to see final product and also any new ideas on the back seat(couch would be pimp), also what are you doing for carpet?

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

wow this should give that flare that maroon interiors lack. but for some reason i love mine! good work there on the DIY!
            1cor10:31
            - 92 LX coupe
            - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Looks really good!

But I'm curious, what is the likelyhood of this stuff not staying stuck? Just seems like with not much time it wouldn't stick anymore...is this the same method the pro's use on door panels?
              ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                Looks really good!

But I'm curious, what is the likelyhood of this stuff not staying stuck? Just seems like with not much time it wouldn't stick anymore...is this the same method the pro's use on door panels?
                As long as you use good quality contact cement, take your time, and don't over stretch the inner curves it will stay on forever. Trust me this shit REALLY sticks. I have messed up a piece of vinyl before because I stuck it in the wrong spot and then tried to take it back off. Yes this is the same method that the pro's use. The only difference is they normally use spray glue guns with contact cement in it and im using brushes and rollers to apply the cement.

Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
                My member's ride

Comment

anymore updates??
                  I Miss My Cb7!

Comment

Originally posted by USDM_CB7 View Post
                    anymore updates??
                    Not as of yet. Very soon though. It's going to get warmer here soon I hope

My member's ride

Comment

Damn, this is coming along so good. Keep it up!!!

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                      JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

wow very nice, i should start my little experiment again since i have found a few cans of contact cement, i have tried a few types of adhesive but not luck, i havent tried contact cement yet but if it worked for you, then it should work for me,

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
                          Damn, this is coming along so good. Keep it up!!!
                          Thank you

Originally posted by h22anow View Post
                          wow very nice, i should start my little experiment again since i have found a few cans of contact cement, i have tried a few types of adhesive but not luck, i havent tried contact cement yet but if it worked for you, then it should work for me,
                          What kind of contact cement do you have? The stuff I got is some construction grade cement from a upholstery stop. I'm sure the kind they sell in the hardware store would work too as long as the conditions are right. I think the kind in the hardware store is called Dap. Make sure you have proper ventilation when using that stuff. I think I lost a few brain cells from not using a mask.

My member's ride

Comment

any updates Mr. BeatMaker?

Comment

Originally posted by Sobeman81 View Post
                              any updates Mr. BeatMaker?
                              Hopefully I will have a update next week. Right now I am in the process of trying to find a black dash and then I will be picking out my suede for the headliner. Next week I will be starting on the other rear panel. I still have to figure out if I am going to keep my original idea of putting the leather couch in the back. The couch I have right now is too big so I have been looking on craigslist for a cream colored leather couch that is a little bit smaller.

Sorry about the long delay. I have been so backed up with studio work and other problems with the CB7 and my Mustang that I really have not had much time to do anything else to the interior. I should have a update in a week from now with pictures.

My member's ride

Comment

so you guys are just pasting fabric over the panel, not actually wrapping it?

Comment

Working...
                                X