No announcement yet.

Giving my interior a luxury facelift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't been updating my thread on my interior b/c my interior hasnt been updated much lately lol

like what you are doing, but wouldn't personally do the speaker grill like that, even with holes you will loose half your sound and all your clarity. Also, do NOT use any spray on adhesive, nothing short of roll on cement will hold much longer than 6 months...

did you spray the non insert parts black? you'll have to literally never touch them, b/c they will peel... mine has a huge spot from my palm hitting it just behind the door handle (you use it to push the door open, and you'll have a spot in months) The passenger door is mostly alright. My rear doors are done with suede type fabric and with the exception of the inserts which I didnt let the cement set before I mounted it, the whole door (the harder parts to get to stick) have no bubbles or loose places.

I helped a friend redo his panels after a shop did them (horrible horrible, they didnt last 6 months inside his house.....) and from how vynil/leather that is stretchable seems to work I'd say besides getting curves to fit, stretch it as little as possible. That tension seems to want to pull it away after time..

To anyone wanting to try, its not too hard, but it takes time and lots of working it in till it fits.

GL with the rear seat idea lol... I wanted at one point, and maybe still someday, to put two bucket seats in the back with harnesses....
    My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post

like what you are doing, but wouldn't personally do the speaker grill like that, even with holes you will loose half your sound and all your clarity. Also, do NOT use any spray on adhesive, nothing short of roll on cement will hold much longer than 6 months...

did you spray the non insert parts black? you'll have to literally never touch them, b/c they will peel...
      For the speakers I am just going to get Q forms kick panel boxes so the speakers are less visible and the imaging is better. I did not use spray on adhesive. I used very strong construction grade contact cement. This stuff is so strong that if you put the vinyl in the wrong spot, you can risk damaging it by trying to peel it off again. I sprayed the non insert parts with black vinyl paint and then with a couple coats of uv resistant clear coat. This is not the first time I have done this to a interior. I have done about 3 other cars. I did my brothers car for him about 5 years ago and it still looks really good. The clear is a must if you are spraying anything in the car. I recommend uv resistant especially on the dash because the sun will fade it over time. I have not had much time to work on anything lately because I have been working in my music studio a lot. I need to do the drivers side rear panel and then the dash. I can't wait until the dash is done. I plain on doing a 2 tone dash and getting a good woodgrain dash kit. It should look really nice.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
      Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
      My member's ride

Comment

where are you getting your dash kit? nycdashes.com has the most peices that i've seen. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
          where are you getting your dash kit? nycdashes.com has the most peices that i've seen. later.
          I have not really decided where I will get it from yet. I plan on ordering some samples to make sure the color and quality will be good before ordering the kit. Thanks for that link. I will check it out. This is one company I was looking at.
          www.wooddashexperts.com

Edit* Actually, when I went to nycdashes.com and put Honda in as the make, the same site came up as the one I have been looking at haha.

Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
          My member's ride

Comment

Here is some pics of the interior so far on the car.

And as you see, the dash and seats still need to be finished

Pretty clean interior though huh?

My member's ride

Comment

Looks good so far. Not sure how clean you'll be able to keep that white, though. Can't wait to see it finished!

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
                Looks good so far. Not sure how clean you'll be able to keep that white, though. Can't wait to see it finished!
                hard very hard.

Comment

i thank god my car came with leather

Comment

looks good, but at same time strange cuz so many colors, but once that maroon disappear it will look like million bucks

why dont you just use simular kind of screan fabric for speaked covers?

what kind of paint are you using for your interior, have you ever tryied interio dye of any kind?
                    I heard that this kind of dye if good and you can spray paint it http://www.leatherworldtech.com/Prod...ductid=D%20245

keep up the good work

Comment

Originally posted by GameChewer View Post
                      hard very hard.
                      Not hard at all. The white is vinyl and it cleans up pretty easy. It's not like it is fabric that cant be wipped off easy.

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
                      Even if my car had a leather interior, I would have still wanted to do the door panels. I wanted the interior black, cream, and tan. The main reason I am doing this is to have a custom interior that looks more luxury.

Originally posted by keycb7 View Post
                      looks good, but at same time strange cuz so many colors, but once that maroon disappear it will look like million bucks

why dont you just use simular kind of screan fabric for speaked covers?

what kind of paint are you using for your interior, have you ever tryied interio dye of any kind?
                      I heard that this kind of dye if good and you can spray paint it http://www.leatherworldtech.com/Prod...ductid=D%20245

keep up the good work
                      Yea it does look a little weird right now but not for long. I used Rustoleum vinyl paint with UV clear coat. I have never tried that dye you are talking about. The reason I did not use fabric for the speaker grills is because I want the speakers hidden for a cleaner look. Thats why I like the Q-forms

My member's ride

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
                        that phrase made me laugh a lil bit , it came out of no where when i was scrolling

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                        -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

i'm with keycb7 on this. i think the tan lower part of the car should be white. since the car is white it should look okay.

Be Clean

Comment

If he wants it that way then ok

If that is the way he likes it, then that is up to him.

Just because people have been talking about putting it the same color, this is an idea of what it would look like.

Note: I can remove these from the thread if you want they are just to give you an idea of what it would look like with them the same color.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Originally posted by nostringz View Post
                              i'm with keycb7 on this. i think the tan lower part of the car should be white. since the car is white it should look okay.
                              That has nothing to do with what he said. He said "why dont you just use similar kind of screen fabric for the speaker covers?"

What I got out of this was he was asking me why I didn't use a similar tan fabric for the speaker covers but something more like a screen so I could hear the sound thru them.

My member's ride

Comment

Originally posted by Ghetto_CB7 View Post
                                If that is the way he likes it, then that is up to him.

Just because people have been talking about putting it the same color, this is an idea of what it would look like.

Note: I can remove these from the thread if you want they are just to give you an idea of what it would look like with them the same color.
                                Yea that looks nice too. I wanted my interior to look like a BMW type look. I have seen cars with the 3 color interiors before and they look really nice so I wanted it in my CB7.
                                Last edited by AbsurdNY; 12-20-2008, 08:46 PM.

My member's ride

Comment

Working...
                                X