Giving my interior a luxury facelift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
    it stays in by being wedged in. you don't need glue.

there's mine, not done yet, but you get the picture.

later.
    Yes that is correct. It wedges in perfect on our doors. By the way, what size hose/wire did you use? I was thinking of going with 1/4" but I'm not sure if that will be too big. Your door panel came out really nice.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
    Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
    My member's ride

Comment

I have slowed down a little because there has been horrible painting weather here. I don't have a garage so all the painting is done outside. Yesterday I tried to paint my armrest and when it dried it was all hazy. It has to be redone but the weather has been so shitty here. I will update with more pics as soon as possible

Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
      My member's ride

Comment

Originally posted by AbsurdNY View Post
        Yes that is correct. It wedges in perfect on our doors. By the way, what size hose/wire did you use? I was thinking of going with 1/4" but I'm not sure if that will be too big. Your door panel came out really nice.
        i'm not sure of the guage, it's just some wire i found around the house. that size fits fine, but there's also room to play with, it just wedges tighter the bigger you go. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
          i'm not sure of the guage, it's just some wire i found around the house. that size fits fine, but there's also room to play with, it just wedges tighter the bigger you go. later.
          Thanks man. I actually went out and bought 20' of 10 gauge wire yesterday and it worked ok but one spot keeps popping out. I am just going to apply a little super glue to that one spot so it stays.

My member's ride

Comment

Just a quick update. Finished the drivers side door panel today. It's looking pretty good. Next thing I will be working on are the back panels. I have to hit up the store tomorrow and get some more contact cement and other things and pick out my suede for the headliner I am also trying to find a black dash so I don't have to go through the trouble of painting mine.

My member's ride

Comment

Another update. Took out the back seat and panels today. I started on some of the panels. I will not be putting my stock back seat back in the car. Instead, I'm using a leather couch. Yup you heard right. I have a nice leather couch that is the same color leather as I used on the door inserts. I will be taking the armrests off of it and using the bottom and back. Then I will be making mounting brackets to bolt it to the floor. I did a ruff measurement of everything it it seems like it will fit very nicely. I don't know if this has ever been done before. My backseat is going to be pimpin in comfort . Then all I have to do is find matching leather seats for the front and I'm set.

My member's ride

Comment

yeah, you better be ready with those couch pics as soon as it's in. later.
                Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

yeah i have the same color interior and i hate it more than anything. keep this updated with everything you do. im gonna be taking notes

Comment

new meaning to couch potatoe
                    i want to see some pics

Comment

im doing this in December when im on vacation

thanks for the pics

im going with tan and black

PSN: DJ-dlatino
                      My ride
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=140370

Comment

For speaker grill hole idea, if you glued most of the vinyl to the outside of the grille area...then take a sharp hole punch (hammer use type) and hammer holes out from backside of speaker grille. I would do as few needed, obviously all concentrated so it looks like a circular pattern from inside the car.

Although, you could also spell out "CB7" or something else using this method. That'd be neat. Colored lighting behind the grille...OK, now I'm getting ridiculous.
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                          For speaker grill hole idea, if you glued most of the vinyl to the outside of the grille area...then take a sharp hole punch (hammer use type) and hammer holes out from backside of speaker grille. I would do as few needed, obviously all concentrated so it looks like a circular pattern from inside the car.

Although, you could also spell out "CB7" or something else using this method. That'd be neat. Colored lighting behind the grille...OK, now I'm getting ridiculous.
                          Yes thats kinda what I was thinking of doing and then putting brass or stainless eyelets in the holes so it looks nice but I might end up just buying q-logic kick panels instead and leaving the door speakers covered up.

Also, here is a quick update. I have been a little busy lately so I have not had a chance to do much but I have one of the rear panels complete and ready to go on the car. Here are some pics:

I'm not sure if my couch idea is going to work with the couch I have. I am trying to find a leather couch the size I need. I will keep everyone updated.

My member's ride

Comment

have you finished it yet?

PSN: DJ-dlatino
                            My ride
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=140370

Comment

Wow this is pretty wicked stuff man, I wish I had the patience to attempt doing this. Looks like it is coming out nice and clean.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

Originally posted by dlatino View Post
                                have you finished it yet?
                                Nope it's not finished yet. I still have to do the driverside rear panel, headliner, and dash. Then I have to order my woodgrain kit. I have just been busy working in my studio lately and the weather has been shitty out so I can't really paint right now. I'm also thinking about taking out those rear storage compartments and installing some midbass woofer there. I still have to figure out exactly what I am going to do with that.

Originally posted by vinbon63 View Post
                                Wow this is pretty wicked stuff man, I wish I had the patience to attempt doing this. Looks like it is coming out nice and clean.
                                Thank you. Yes I think it's coming out pretty nice. It does take a lot of patience though. The easiest part so far was the speaker grill and the bottom door piece. The inserts are a bitch.

My member's ride

Comment

Working...
                                X