fender flares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fender flares

Are there any decent looking Fender Flares for cb7s? I know Ronald Type R had them on his accord but i havent seen any others ever

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
    And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
    Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

mercyboy has a set on now. IMO , they don't look right on cb's.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

They look right if you have the right wheel set up.

Comment

i did it off a volkwagon....and refitted but the back need to screw it but the back ones were solid plastic...so it didn't stretch too well.......the front were right on
        VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
        1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
        MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

Originally posted by mercyboy View Post
          i did it off a volkwagon....and refitted but the back need to screw it but the back ones were solid plastic...so it didn't stretch too well.......the front were right on
          Make and model of Volkswagon?
          We are all ricers, it just depends what flavor rice you are.

Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.

My For Sale Thread
          Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Comment

I'm going to assume a MK2 Jetta/Golf

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
              I'm going to assume a MK2 Jetta/Golf
              mk1 golf convertible....the back mk1 fender fit the front and the fronts fit the back..little bit of cutting for the back...but it looks nice...i just took them out if i get wide rims plus wheels spacer......
              VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
              1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
              MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

I believe Ronald's were from another car as well, possibly a VW.

They don't make flares like that for the CB, to my knowledge... so anything you do will need to be custom to some extent.

Also, if they're just overlaid on the stock fenders, it's merely cosmetic. You'd need to cut the metal and add the flares to have any function.

Comment

Originally posted by mercyboy View Post
                  mk1 golf convertible....the back mk1 fender fit the front and the fronts fit the back..little bit of cutting for the back...but it looks nice...i just took them out if i get wide rims plus wheels spacer......
                  Just saw the pics of them in your MR thread. Really not feeling their fitment, but like you said, if you have a wider wheel setup, then they might look the part a little more.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    I believe Ronald's were from another car as well, possibly a VW.

They don't make flares like that for the CB, to my knowledge... so anything you do will need to be custom to some extent.

Also, if they're just overlaid on the stock fenders, it's merely cosmetic. You'd need to cut the metal and add the flares to have any function.
                    What is their function?

I always thought their whole purpose was so you could have a wider wheel base without looking stupid.

Comment

That would be it. However, if they're just stuck on the stock fenders, no additional clearance is provided. It's still a neat look, but there's no function. I'm not saying this is one of those mods that is pointless without function (such as a tow hook screwed into a plastic bumper... ) Just that some additional mods would be necessary to get any use out of them other than cosmetic enhancement.

Comment

I see what you're saying now

You would need to ream out the top of the fender so the tire won't smack into it.

Comment

Or cut it, and replace it with the flare...

Comment

ronalds flares were meant for a 240 and they are the R MAGIC brand. uber hard to find. :/
                            <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Ah, ok. I knew they weren't a CB7 part.
                              Figures, Ronald WOULD have the hard to find parts...

Mercyboy, your flares are aftermarket Golf, or OEM?

Comment

Working...
                              X