Stainless Window trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stainless Window trim

Im going to be replacing the Stainless window trim on my passenger side door. But i cannot figure out how to remove it. Does anyone know how to do this or has done this? Any help is appreciated. Oh yeah i have a 93 coupe.
    Arcadia Green Crew Member #9

I just replaced the one on my driver's rear, and i pretty much just pulled it off by hand bending it and breaking all the plastic clips...took about 5 seconds. Then just check all the clip areas and free up any left-behind clip pieces and carefully put the new one on. Make sure ALL of the clips are aligned before you press it down. Hope this helps
    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85
      I just replaced the one on my driver's rear, and i pretty much just pulled it off by hand bending it and breaking all the plastic clips...took about 5 seconds. Then just check all the clip areas and free up any left-behind clip pieces and carefully put the new one on. Make sure ALL of the clips are aligned before you press it down. Hope this helps
      how much did you pay for the new clips? And why did you guy replace them?
      1993 Accord LX - Sold
      93 BMW 525it - SOLD
      92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
      2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
      2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
      2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
      2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
      2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

The rear section on mine is still good so i dont want to damage it by ripping it off. is there a screw or something holding it? I cant get it off.

Comment

Bueller? Bueller?
          Bump

Comment

There should be a screw under the mirror. At least that's the case with the sedan, Then it's just trying to get the clips out.

Comment

I replaced the ones on the driver's side bc they were already bent/misshapen from brake-ins. The front pieces have a single screw in front of the mirror on the inside of the door. Then there are 4-5 clips. To get the clips off without breaking or bending anything is going to be extremely hard. You will HAVE to at least take the window pane out and then you should be able to reach around to the clips and figure out how they unlatch.

Oh and i got my trim pieces from majestichonda online. $50+ each. good luck!
              My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

I got a full set in perfect condition from a U pull it junkyard for like 5 bucks. Thanks for the help.

Comment

throw the shoprter ones down your pants when you went to go pay?

hope the install goes well meng.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

where can you buy new ones?? could you get em at the honda dealership? cuz mine no longer sticks on the car anymore..the clips broke...and its kinda messed up too...

"You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive."

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                      throw the shoprter ones down your pants when you went to go pay?

hope the install goes well meng.
                      Nah I got a coupe so they pieces were huge (no hiding them) and the rears were good. I guess they thought they were plastic not stainless.

CB7FoMe: Majestic Honda Online sells new ones Majestic Honda Online

Comment

anyone??? window trim?? where to get??? dealership?

"You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive."

Comment

Originally posted by cb7FoME
                          anyone??? window trim?? where to get??? dealership?
                          this thread mentions two places where you could get them...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                          Current cars:
                          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Dealership is gonna be well over 150 Bucks for just one side. Not to mention the windshield and rear window. Just get a clean set from the junkyard

Comment

Any auto glass shop will be able to get the trim for you. Cause if you tell you need a windshield they ask do you also need the trim.

Hustle Hard! This is a design of some gear I've been workin on.

Comment

Working...
                              X