NOS 93 Accord Coupe Rear Wing Spoiler Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOS 93 Accord Coupe Rear Wing Spoiler Available

People often ask "where do I find NOS or new OEM parts and accessories for the 93SE? I usually tell them it's luck, perseverance and timing. All true BTW.

I was searching EB for something unrelated I came across a NOS spoiler for the 2000 Accord Sedan and as luck would have it, it's factory painted in Naples Gold! I'm not completely sure after 21 years I really need this but for $153.68 I clicked "Add to Watchlist" and forgot about it. A couple days later I received an email from the seller offering me a $43.06 discount good for 48 hours (which happens to expire in about 10 hours from now). Guess for $110.62 (including free shipping) it's going to be hard to resist...

For anyone unfamiliar with these OEM accessory spoilers they not only came factory painted but also included heavier trunk lid torsion springs (to compensate for the additional spoiler weight), a wire harness to connect the rear LED CHMSL light and sometimes included the special tool needed to twist the torsion springs in and out of the mounting hooks. Not sure why but it was only included in some years and models so YMMV.

All this brings me to the the CB7 spoiler find. While checking out the seller's (oemresale) store I came across another spoiler that someone here may want to jump on. That one is for the 93 Accord Coupe. While the listing title says "OEM Factory 93 Honda Accord COUPE Rear Spoiler Trunk Lip Wing Air Foil Deck Lid" it doesn't mention SE. But it is painted YR505M or Cashmere Silver which we all know was exclusive to the SE. What concerns me is unlike the other spoilers listed (including the one for 00 Accord) the CB7 listing doesn't show the important stuff like LED light assembly or wire harness. If you look at the pics showing the spoiler underside, the LED light is noticeably missing and none of the pics show a harness and/or torsion spring tool.

I've corresponded with the seller about the 00 Accord listing and was informed all the spoilers are NOS and are removed from the boxes so they can be photographed for listing. And only included with the spoiler is whatever is shown in the pics. So it would be interesting to learn where the missing parts are for this because as I can attest when purchasing mine at the time I bought the 93SE everything was included even the torsion removal tool (later years these omitted).

Is anyone is interested here is the link:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/22442673904...0AAOSwld9geLHD

Curiously even with the missing items he's selling this one for almost $50 more then the listing for the 00 Accord. But if you really want it I would suggest doing as I did and just "Add to Watchlist" and wait a couple days and see if he doesn't offer a substantial discount. I'd be curious to learn what happened to the missing parts since this is supposed to be NOS so by definition "new" so where are the other pieces?

Either way good luck...
    Last edited by hiptech; 07-28-2021, 12:29 PM.
    My Collection:
    93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
    00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
    04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Thanks. I have one of these spoilers stored away too with a properly functioning light bar! yaa.. crazy. Don't think I'll ever use it though. I think it needs some TLC too.

Comment

I just bought a Paint Code B67P 93 Coupe Spoiler from this seller. I currently have the standard OEM Spoiler with the longer LED installed. Does anybody know if the 93 Coupe Spoiler will mount in the existing holes for my current spoiler?
      91 Accord LX 5-speed
      93 Accord LX 5-speed

Comment

It's interesting how the OEM spoiler mounts versus the aftermarket versions. I had an OEM replica on mine because finding one in the junkyard was nearly impossible and I was on a tight time schedule with the rust repair looming. For my set there were two threaded interests in the spoiler rather than the OEM version with teh post and the screwhole.

I mounted mine a little further back on the trunk than the OEM unit to try and have it stick out past the trunk.

As an aside for anyone interested the 90-93 DA Integra coupe spoiler was functionally identical to the CB spoiler without the LED. I had bought one from the junyard and like an idiot dropped it which cracked the center post.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220328_100014102_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.3 KB ID:	4981975 I grabbed one here is mine, I installed it Today. I painted it Flat Black, I already had an LED Light for it. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220328_095954690_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.2 KB ID:	4981974
          Last edited by HelmHoltz; 03-28-2022, 11:39 PM.
          91 Accord LX 5-speed
          93 Accord LX 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by HelmHoltz View Post
            I just bought a Paint Code B67P 93 Coupe Spoiler from this seller. I currently have the standard OEM Spoiler with the longer LED installed. Does anybody know if the 93 Coupe Spoiler will mount in the existing holes for my current spoiler?
            Yes, It will mount in the same holes as the Standard OEM Spoiler. just make sure that the center mounting point screw is positioned correctly.
            91 Accord LX 5-speed
            93 Accord LX 5-speed

Comment

Nicely done HelmHolz!

Just curious do you have the antenna retract module to keep it from being hit by the spoiler?

I don't think that was included, right?
              My Collection:

Comment

Originally posted by hiptech View Post
                Nicely done HelmHolz!

Just curious do you have the antenna retract module to keep it from being hit by the spoiler?

I don't think that was included, right?
                Today I learned this is a thing... Do you have pictures of this? I would love to find one in a yard to put in my accord to stop it from hitting the Blizzwing
                ~Nick~
                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post

Today I learned this is a thing... Do you have pictures of this? I would love to find one in a yard to put in my accord to stop it from hitting the Blizzwing
                  FWIW, here's a few pics of the brown (CB20) "antenna retract" module. It's attached to the left rear tail lamp and connected via the included short grey "plug 'n play" harness between the tail lamp bulbs, trunk open circuit and antenna (as near as I can recall).

Disregard the wire splices with electrical tape those belong an LED ballast to prevent the turn signals from false triggering the dash "bulb out" indicator.
                  Unfortunately I seem to have lost my accessory installation instructions... damn! If I had it might have contained more info on the connections made to the fuse block and possibly other areas.

If anyone has a pdf of the rear spoiler installation I'd be grateful if they could link it...
                  I've got just about all the others but can't find this one

Last edited by hiptech; 03-29-2022, 06:12 PM.
                  My Collection:

Comment

BTW regarding the missing pieces I mentioned at the top of this post. I think I've figured out why it didn't sell as an entire assembly.

Thinking back on it if you recall the SE coupes included the spoiler as standard equipment as opposed to the SE sedans which offered them as a "Honda Genuine OEM Accessory." Due to that distinction coupe spoiler parts were sold at dealers the same as any other Honda OEM part. No need to sell them for the SE coupes as an assembly. If the car were ever in an accident the damaged parts could be ordered separately. Though for the other Accords (coupes & sedans) they were sold as accessories like the SE sedan.

Meanwhile since the SE sedan weren't equipped from the factory with a spoiler they were offered as Genuine OEM Accessory through the dealers. But they included all the parts needed for a full installation; heavy duty torsion springs, antenna retract module, spring removal tool, LED light assembly, step-by-step instructions and no painting since these were all color keyed to the body color from the factory. Anyone with the skills, tools and time could install it without needing anything else. It was relatively easy to buy and install. The downside, if a sedan was ever in an accident a new wing spoiler and/or LED light were not available as individual parts at least not new.

Gratifying to hear that HelmHoltz was able to prove the coupe spoiler fit the sedan trunk lid...
                    My Collection:

Comment

Originally posted by HelmHoltz View Post

Yes, It will mount in the same holes as the Standard OEM Spoiler. just make sure that the center mounting point screw is positioned correctly.
                      I am using a manual DX Antenna, I never pull it up very far!
                      91 Accord LX 5-speed
                      93 Accord LX 5-speed

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220330_172342091.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	4982001 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220330_172348920.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	4982002 Make sure that you grab one of these from a donor car with a Spoiler.
                        91 Accord LX 5-speed
                        93 Accord LX 5-speed

Comment

Working...
                        X