Blue 91 CB7, black dash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue 91 CB7, black dash?

Found a blue accord the other day and thought the dash looked black, but it was a rainy day and I wasn't quite sure. It almost looked blue-ish black.

Owner txt me the paint code and it is BG-26M, which is this.... (not the actual cb7, stole this pic from google)

Does anyone know if the dash in this is black??

He sent me a picture of the dash and I still can't tell. The vents looked blacker than the dash...

That's a blue dash. It's a dark navy unless sunlight is hitting it.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
      That's a blue dash. It's a dark navy unless sunlight is hitting it.
      thought so , ya. thanks. And i think black dashes only came in EX (US model) and I know SE for Canadian model. Not sure what years.
      Last edited by Raf99; 06-08-2015, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
        thought so , ya. thanks. And i think black dashes only came in EX (US model) and I know SE for Canadian model. Not sure what years.
        It was color dependent. If you had tan interior, you got black dash.
        Gary A.K.A. Carter
        [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
          It was color dependent. If you had tan interior, you got black dash.
          This has tan interior, 92 EXR (Canadian version). But are the black dashes the same color as the vents?

Comment

Tan interior = black dash. They did that because a tan dash would glare in the sun.
            Must be a Canadian color combination, since the US Laurel Blue Metallic cars all had blue interiors (AccordWarrior's old car, for example.) That, or a previous owner swapped interiors.

The blue dash found in cars with blue interiors is quite dark, but it's noticeably blue in contrast to the black trim parts. This is AmznAzn's car. Shows the blue/black contrast pretty well. Same exterior color (originally, before he painted his a darker blue.)

Comment

Thanks Deev! But doesn't the pic you posted look like the pic I posted of the dash

I'm going to go look at it this weekend if I have time. The picture I posted the dash does look blue compared to the vent. Or a faded black, ....... yet it is a CDN car, 91 with Tan interior.

I always thought black dashes were the same color as the vents. I'll have to see if I can find an image on here...

Comment

The black dashboards are the same color as the vents.

The dash in your pic is hard to tell, since there's a bit of glare. Could be blue, black, or gray, depending on what you want to see!

Tan interior with a blue dash is hideous, though. I'm thinking it was installed by an owner. Can't be factory. It's just too weird!

Comment

well dam, you have to agree it's not black like the pic you just posted!

Comment

BG-26 isn't the color of the car you posted. The car you posted is B49m. BG26 is Hampshire green, which is teal. It should have a black dash and beige seats. It's also an EX only color, and was only available in 90-91.

Comment

I never thought to check the color code!

So maybe it's the paint that was done by a previous owner...

Comment

It was not painted. He said another 91 cb7 exr in the shop identical to his and he said it had a black dash. ... sooooooo I guess it has a black dash.

Just looks a little faded. It certainly does not look the same color as the vents

Comment

It definitely started off as a black dash. The materials between the dash and the plastic are different, the dash is more matte/vinyl than the hard black parts which have more of a gloss/semi-gloss finish.

Here's a random internet photo of an Accord with an ivory interior.

You can see the contrast between the dash and the vents. In your posted photo, you can see the ivory of the interior, which only came with a black dash, unless the PO somehow changed out just his dash.

Comment

BG26M is Hampshire Green, which is this color here (this is foamypirate's car):

Interior is tan with a black dash.

The car in your picture appears to be Laurel Blue Metallic, B49M.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              The car in your picture appears to be Laurel Blue Metallic, B49M.
                              Deev, he pulled that in as an internet search photo...it looks like Tommi's coupe actually.

The interior photo he posted shows an ivory carpet, and a Hampshire green door jamb.

Comment

Working...
                              X