No announcement yet.

140mph gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the se's and 10th aniv's only came in auto...mine is only stick because its a swapped tranny.
    Under Construction

Coupes weren't mean to be sleepers

H22power.com

Comment

Originally posted by xaxis360
      You will only find 140 on Wagons BECAUSE they have a higher final drive in the manual and auto differentials. Instead of re-working the entire speedo system, Honda just added an extra 10 MPH to the speedometer to compensate for the higher ratio. Sooooooo, if you put a 140 speedo in a 2 or 4 door with the normal trans., the MPH will be off.
      if he were to just drop in the face itself this might be an issue. but if he puts in the entire cluster (like i believe he was going to d) he should be fine the sensors in the rear pickup readings from certain wires...so its not going to give a wrong signal...im having trouble explaining this..if you still have issues hit me up on AIM ill try to think of a better way to describe it.

Comment

Originally posted by clarksterdotcom
        if he were to just drop in the face itself this might be an issue. but if he puts in the entire cluster (like i believe he was going to d) he should be fine the sensors in the rear pickup readings from certain wires...so its not going to give a wrong signal...im having trouble explaining this..if you still have issues hit me up on AIM ill try to think of a better way to describe it.
        You sure about that? The sensors aren't calibrated to read on a different scale? I'm not saying your wrong, because I've always been curious myself.

But if the final drive is different, I would assume everything is calibrated differently. A 140 mph speedo would be pretty cool tho.

Comment

Working...
        X