2 OEM Fog Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 OEM Fog Questions

#1. I have 100% stock wiring. Does anyone know what wires I can splice to override the headlights have to be on for the fogs to go on feature? I don't care about the relay that makes them turn off when the high beams are on, I just want to be able to have them on when the parking lights are on. I posted this up awhile back, but no one understood that I have completely stock oem wiring (ie going from fuse panel to fuse panel). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 I have H3's in my fogs. H3's suck. Do I have any other options?

Not sure how to set up the lights differently. Are your H3's really that bad?? The foglights shouldn't shine more than I'm guessing about 15-20 feet. If you want a longer beam pattern, then a driving light might suit your needs better.

My h3c's don't seem to have a poor output. In fact, that have filled in nicely the area of darkness that was right in front of the car. I'm very happy with mine!

Comment

Maybe I just need to re-aim mine. I gues I'm just bummed out about the color. I have ridiculously white headlighst and my fogs still look kinda yellow. I just would love to match them. I know that if you have H3c you can use H7...I didn't know if i had any other options.

Comment

It's almost 2 years later.

Any input on getting the damn fogs on without the headlights. Is there a way you can re-route the plugs in the fuse panel?

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
          It's almost 2 years later.

Any input on getting the damn fogs on without the headlights. Is there a way you can re-route the plugs in the fuse panel?
          I never saw your thread about this b4! I never did like how the OEM harness runs the foglamps. I'm not using the oem relay (the thing u need to ditch anyways)
          I'll give you my schematic for a price...... if you let me be Mderator for a day!

J/K but not really I would be a mean moderator when it comes to trash talkers in forums...I'd probably have 10% of the board members banned!

But yeah anyways, when I get back to my folks house monday, i'll post or PM you instructions since I'm going to work on my car & flushmount project since I'm off on monday. I wired it this way a long time ago and I want to be sure how it looks like b4 giving you headsup so u won't be blowing fuses or whatever.
          I need a custom turbo manifold built....
          707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
          "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
          '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

I know there's someone in Chicago or the area that has a green 92-93 Coupe with oem fogs wired that way. Can't think of the name thogh But I seem to remember he altered the oem harness to have them turn on with just the running lights.

Comment

i have it set up that way.. fogs are switched separately with the headlights. used the ebay 5th gen fog light harness and plugged it in the driver side kick panel fuse box..

Comment

Originally posted by Kurobei
                I'll give you my schematic for a price...... if you let me be Mderator for a day!
                Ok Kurobei .. lol .. before you can be a mod .. you gotta empty out some a your PM's.
                I been tryin to get ahold of you all weekend ..

PM me your email address .. please .. I cant PM you with your PM box full ..

Thanks .. (sorry for the hi-jack .. but .. )

A Hui Hou !!!
                Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Just a comment about the colour of you fogs, you do realize fog lights are supposed to be yellow right? White "fog" lights are called driving lights.

.:1993 EX-R Sedan:..:psyphredotcom:..:mrtazzymotorsports:.

Comment

Originally posted by psyphre
                    Just a comment about the colour of you fogs, you do realize fog lights are supposed to be yellow right? White "fog" lights are called driving lights.

Not exactly. Beam pattern determines the function of the light. Wide and short throw = foglight. Narrow, and long throw = driving light. Yellow which is used primarily in foglights, apparently makes seeing easier in snowy conditions I believe, but you're not at a major disadvantage to have white foglights.

Comment

Originally posted by Prez808
                      Not exactly. Beam pattern determines the function of the light. Wide and short throw = foglight. Narrow, and long throw = driving light. Yellow which is used primarily in foglights, apparently makes seeing easier in snowy conditions I believe, but you're not at a major disadvantage to have white foglights.
                      Own3d!

And if you dont mind ill take a pm on how to wire it up, id like to do the same thing.

Comment

Nah no pwnage. Just a common misconception. We're all here to share the knowledge and teach eachother.

Comment

apparently, i was told back about a year ago by someone on here why the white isnt as white as it should be. i heard there is a yellow reflector in the 90-91 oem fogs. if anyone can prove me wrong by all means go for it because i want to fix the yellowy color. ive also have ridicously white/blue headlights...while the fogs have the same brand bulb (H3) and its still a slight yellow.

ill take a picture tonight and post it up so you guys can see what im talking about!

-ciao

Comment

long shot, but could your fogs just be dirty? i know plastic yellows after years and our cars are pretty old, try cleaning it with Meguirs PLASTIK

Comment

Actually, I gave up on getting Hyperwhite fogs a year ago...and bought Hella Yellowstars for a super-yellow look.

I'm still trying to get the fogs always on lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X