What DoubleDIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What DoubleDIN

SOrry to start a BS thread about this, but I didnt want to bump an old thread for my specific topic. I would search, but what do I look for

Im am looking for a DoubleDIN that pretty much can do everything, besides drive my car. Is there one that can have the NAVI/DVD work, while your driving?

I no nothing about electronics and need your opinions.

Thanks
    ""Sometimes, whats in my head, isnt really the same concept in life"
    current ride...'01 IS300

SOLD...'93 CB7 4DR but not forgotten

Take a look at eclipse double dins

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

There has to be more members that know more about this field.

Help a noob out
      current ride...'01 IS300

Comment

shit i thought i posted but i guess not. um pioneer alpine jvc kenwood valor and there is like one or 2 others i think. but thats about it ....
        Members Ride sold...
        I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

And double din carputers from mp3car.com

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

i posted a pic of my factory OEM double din AM/FM CD/Cassette radio from a 2003 CR-V in my LX coupe. its in the old thread check it out. It fit right in ,all i had to do was get a custom harness made to adapt the '03 plug to fit the '90 harness then it was plug-n-play
            http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

I like the alpine w-205(100-150 less than the 505) or the newer 505(800-900). I got a real hard on for either of them. i know to have nav or blue tooth, gps you need to buy the black bird gps unit(300-450) and it accually goes inside the unit.

A bit expensive to get the nav/gps working because you also need to buy the black bird but apparently there is no subscription after that it just works. I like the alpine product but it's much more expensive when you can buy an entry level pioneer with a staionary face for 500-600.
              Last edited by cb9wagon; 11-27-2008, 12:42 PM. Reason: improper grammer
              96 Accord SiR driveline installed. CF2 donar

Comment

I have a Pioneer AVIC D3 and I love it. It has dvd, navigation, and bluetooth.
                1990 LX Coupe-----1992 LX Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                  And double din carputers from mp3car.com
                  I wish I had the time and money to get that. And if I did. I would get clear wire

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
                  i posted a pic of my factory OEM double din AM/FM CD/Cassette radio from a 2003 CR-V in my LX coupe. its in the old thread check it out. It fit right in ,all i had to do was get a custom harness made to adapt the '03 plug to fit the '90 harness then it was plug-n-play
                  Its not going into a Honda.

Also, Cassette They still make those
                  current ride...'01 IS300

Comment

Originally posted by IS3_FTW View Post
                    SOrry to start a BS thread about this, but I didnt want to bump an old thread for my specific topic. I would search, but what do I look for

Im am looking for a DoubleDIN that pretty much can do everything, besides drive my car. Is there one that can have the NAVI/DVD work, while your driving?

I no nothing about electronics and need your opinions.

Thanks
                    Panisonic Strada. Ive been outa the game for a min but last i heard this deck did it all, nav, bluetooth, dvd player, And tons of other features.
                    My System
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165155

Comment

if double din, spend the extra for a dvd player or navi. don't waste money on some oem-like knob double din. WASTE! any good brands like pioneer.

Be Clean

Comment

pioneer avic 900bt

Comment

Anything in the Pioneer Avic series gets my vote.

All DVD/Nav systems will be locked in stock form in that you can't operate the DVD while driving, and some functions of the navigation system will lock, but there are ways to bypass that.

With the Avic, it relies on both the E-brake being engaged as well as the car stationary (looks at the GPS signal to determine if the car is moving), however, the Avic, and I'm sure most other units can be wired around this.

As far as having a double DIN without the DVD/Nav features, it really depends on what you want. The Clarion I'm putting in my truck is a double DIN, and I purchased it because I like the look of a a double DIN over a single DIN. I could never find a good use for the pocket, and this one matched the interior more.

There's nothing wrong with bigger buttons

Comment

Originally posted by tgdrums1990 View Post
                            Panisonic Strada. Ive been outa the game for a min but last i heard this deck did it all, nav, bluetooth, dvd player, And tons of other features.
                            I have one, it's decent. Navigation is pretty good but needs new maps for my area, last I checked they hadnt released an update yet. Dvd player works great and I have my ipod hooked up to it. Of course I have it wired so I can play dvds while driving but I dont do it hardly ever haha. Just nice to know I can if I wanted to

Comment

Here check this: link:http://www.pioneerusa.com/PUSA/Produ...n-Dash/AVIC-Z3

although the first one wasn't too bad either. Pioneer AVIC-Z1. I would say this is more affordable that the newest and has almost the same functions.
                              To me this is more than enough for any car, you got pretty much everything there but internet access.

If you want something well equipped and you got big pockets:
                              http://www.drivesoft.net/products/

WCC used this on 2 cars (PIMP MY RIDE show on MTV).
                              JDM Parts for sale

Comment

Working...
                              X