BLK/WHT Alternator wire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLK/WHT Alternator wire?

Okay so many of you know I am rebuilding my Accord. I have done tons to it since it's been on the road. I have done a semi-extreme wire tuck. I have deleted a few things from power steering, to ABS, etc. I did relocate the wiring from the front of the dizzy to behind it. For me, it gave the engine bay a less cluttered look.

Now doing my wiring about close to a year back, I re-sleeved my Accord harness. All of you know what a pain this can be to those who have done it. It takes hours of time, lots of depinning and some wire extending (for wire tucks).

I have done everything correctly to my knowledge but it's been so long since I've done it that I'm curious about ONE wire.

The black/white wire coming from the dizzy. In the Hayne's manual it says it connects to an orange wire that then connects to the 'primary output control'. And for some time I was brain storming on why in the hell I left it OUT of the harness. Knowing me I did it for a reason...but what was it connect to before I cut it?

So my brain started working again and I started looking at the connection points of the harness. This is what I came upon:

The wire

What the harness connects to:

Notice it's blocked off. What in the world is this wire for?

Hmmm...

So what's the deal? I mean, I'm not mechanically and electronically challenged but me not working on the harness for nearly a year kind of stresses my memory.

Any electronic guru's know the answer to this possibly useless wire?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by jdm_inspired; 05-15-2011, 11:07 PM.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Usually wires that are black are for ground, but I don't know why it ends in the connector like that without contacting anything.

My swap thread
    Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92 View Post
      Usually wires that are black are for ground, but I don't know why it ends in the connector like that without contacting anything.
      Word. I see that I cut it for sure. And I was left with the extra wire. I think I might of cut it shorter but it wasn't connected to anything. It would be skeptical if I de-pinned it and was left with a hole, but obviously it's a closed hole.

If only I had a time machine...

93 'til infinity

Comment

Curious question in your pics - Why is the black/white wire the only one that doesn't follow a loom?
        Its all alone straying off into the distance, as if it's mysterious usefulness is pronounced by the photo . . .

Best answer I can offer at the moment is to follow it back into the dizzy, and take a photo of what it connects to.

My NZDM manual offers no help to this wire, and my own CB doesn't have that wire out of the dizzy.

Did the car ever happen to have an external coil ? . . .

Edit: It looks like it COULD be part of the Built in - radio noise condenser inside the igniter.
        Last edited by evil_demon_01; 05-16-2011, 03:08 AM.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
          Curious question in your pics - Why is the black/white wire the only one that doesn't follow a loom?
          Its all alone straying off into the distance, as if it's mysterious usefulness is pronounced by the photo . . .

Best answer I can offer at the moment is to follow it back into the dizzy, and take a photo of what it connects to.

My NZDM manual offers no help to this wire, and my own CB doesn't have that wire out of the dizzy.

Did the car ever happen to have an external coil ? . . .

Edit: It looks like it COULD be part of the Built in - radio noise condenser inside the igniter.
          Haha I left it out for reason and now I can't remember why. I have a JDM H22A with an internal coil. My F22A6 at the time I had it was internal as well. Oh and that wire is part of the engine harness.

In about two weeks I should fire this bad boy up. Hopefully it fires up....lol.

93 'til infinity

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
            Haha I left it out for reason and now I can't remember why. I have a JDM H22A with an internal coil. My F22A6 at the time I had it was internal as well. Oh and that wire is part of the engine harness.

In about two weeks I should fire this bad boy up. Hopefully it fires up....lol.

Oh I thought it was part of the dizzy harness.
            Have a look at the ecu plugs and see if you can find any BLK/WHT wires in there, Then do a continuity test to confirm which wire it is.

Figure out what the pin location is, and then post it up.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

If your car came stock with an A6, then it was external coil. The wire you refer to, is the secondary 12volt input to the external coil. You basically converted to internal coil,not needing that wire.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
              JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
                If your car came stock with an A6, then it was external coil. The wire you refer to, is the secondary 12volt input to the external coil. You basically converted to internal coil,not needing that wire.
                He got it...at least that's what I'm thinking too.

You said "In the Hayne's manual it says it connects to an orange wire that then connects to the 'primary output control'."

When I see this I automatically think of primary side of a transformer or coil...i.e. external coil.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

like djcaz said, since you converted to internal, you disconnect the the green wire coming from the IGM

also that black/white is not ground
                  not all black wires are ground, on most hondas black/yellow or black/white are power, haynes, phereable, and honda-tech work wonders
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Thanks guys. You guys are always helpful when needed!! Time to tuck that wire back in the loom.

93 'til infinity

Comment

Working...
                    X