Front Speakers Acting Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Speakers Acting Up

My front speakers are being a huge pain in the arse, well more annoying than anything.

Front left speaker doesn't work at all, took apart the door panel today and the speaker looks pretty much new, no holes rust anything at all. Connections look good but no signal.

Front right same problem, but it works from time to time randomly.

Both speakers are OEM and I just replaced the stereo not long ago. Old stock radio was doing the same as well. Pretty lost.

Oh and the speakers are the stock 5 1/4" size ones. I was planning on replacing them but funds are a little low at the moment and don't want to run the risk of having the same problem if its a wire problem.
    Long time listener, first time caller.
    1993 Accord LX- Sold (05/2007)
    1992 Accord EX- Totalled (06/2014)
    1996 Accord Wagon EX (Current ride/daily)
    1995 Accord Wagon EX (Beater)

http://www.hondasociety.com/board/sh...d.php?t=156176

Originally posted by jdmfreak View Post
    My front speakers are being a huge pain in the arse, well more annoying than anything.

Front left speaker doesn't work at all, took apart the door panel today and the speaker looks pretty much new, no holes rust anything at all. Connections look good but no signal.

Both speakers are OEM and I just replaced the stereo not long ago. Old stock radio was doing the same as well. Pretty lost.

Oh and the speakers are the stock 5 1/4" size ones. I was planning on replacing them but funds are a little low at the moment and don't want to run the risk of having the same problem if its a wire problem.
    sounds like it might be a ground issue. You can unhook the connector from the speaker, run some extra wire from the speaker connectors to a 9v battery. If it moves, the speakers are fine, check your wiring. If it doesn't move, speakers are no bueno.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

i had the same problem and when they did work they would fade out and staticy . i ended up rewireing the hole audio system . for you it sounds like a short.
      this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
      How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
      Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Originally posted by Accord problems View Post
        i had the same problem and when they did work they would fade out and staticy . i ended up rewireing the hole audio system . for you it sounds like a short.
        Hey Mr. Problems (LMAO),
        Do you got any pics or tips on how to run those wires into your doors? I need some wires run for my window modules. I don't want to tear the booties. And definitely don't want to drill any holes.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
          Hey Mr. Problems (LMAO),
          Do you got any pics or tips on how to run those wires into your doors? I need some wires run for my window modules. I don't want to tear the booties. And definitely don't want to drill any holes.

Thanks.
          no i dont bro i just ran them up be hinde the door panel for now tell my car gets a make over .
          this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
          How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
          Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Take all non-factory wiring and take off vinyl tape or crimps and wire nuts, solder it, coat twice in liquid tape and re-install, you have a short somewhere. If you are using all factory wiring the short is most likely where you messed with it. Doing this eliminates points of failure and makes diagnosing the short easier. If it was a ground problem the deck would randomly turn off, you have a short problem. After soldering and coating if the problem persists check and clean the connectors on the speaker and the deck and make sure they are fully seated also look at any pinch point in between for cut or damaged wires.

Sometimes taking care and time to do the job right saves you time in the end and headaches.

You didn't have the Bose factory system did you?

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
            Hey Mr. Problems (LMAO),

Thanks.
            Use a pick or screw driver, remove door pannel and plastic inside, use the screw driver, metal coat hanger if you can find one, or pick to fish and snake it through the boots.
            Last edited by wildBill83; 08-05-2012, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X