Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

** CHIPPED ECU TUNING JOURNAL **

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MRX
    replied
    Great to hear eric. Hopefully u know something i don't about modifying the vacuum readings. I tried, the thing goes screwy. I'm meeting up with carlos 2morrow and i'll have him look over the map and fine tune if possible. Between the 3 of us attacking the high vac prob we're bound to figure it out.

p.s. quit bein' a pussy a lay into it lol!...WOT all gears
    be free my friend be free

Leave a comment:

• theone
    replied
    damn, nice, cant wait to get my p06 and get it out to midnite

Leave a comment:

• Accord R33
    replied
    well i drove home tonight with it and it was perfectly fine. i was able to finally get on it a little and WOW its like driving a whole new car. so smooth. i still didnt go crazy though i still want to get a feel for the map and what the car is doing at certain points. as far as my POS autometer A/F guages reads the A/F is almost perfect...except of course when you let off the throttle and it goes into big vac numbers (25+) in which it becomes super lean. but its not a big deal, mabye ill play with the map scalers tommorow if i have time.

to MRX's tunning

Leave a comment:

• theone
    replied
    Originally posted by Accord R33
    my car is now officially run by uberdata....best thing thats happened to me in months haha

I <3 MRX
    yeah man, lets us know ur reviews

Leave a comment:

• MRX
    replied
    FYI...i gave R33 my map to get him up and running properly. R33 come back with comments and suggestions.

and i <3 u 2 eric
    Last edited by MRX; 10-01-2004, 10:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Accord R33
    replied
    my car is now officially run by uberdata....best thing thats happened to me in months haha

I <3 MRX

Leave a comment:

• a94si
    replied
    Looks like you got it dailed in pretty good, Nice job.

I can't see the last set of pics, it says something like "Sorry, you are trying to access an image outside of Imagestation.com"

Leave a comment:

• MRX
    replied
    these are just bigger pix of the ones above. They have trouble loading. Try refreshing alot to see all of them

Last edited by MRX; 09-30-2004, 05:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MRX
    replied
    The greenline is the air fuel ratio
    Red line is lamda
    Blue line is RPM
    Purple line is Throttle Posistion
    and the light blue line is nothing as of yet

cruising a/f ratio pic
    a/f - 14.7 where the vertical white line is
    rpm - 2583
    throttle position - 17%

A/F at idle
    a/f - 14.9 where the vertical white line is
    rpm - 889
    throttle position - 7%

The Air fuel ratio i ran at the track. 1st-4th gear. Notice how flat the curve is anytime i'm WOT. Also notice how long it takes for the rpm's to climb while i'm going into 2nd gear even tho i was WOT(look at the throttle position to figure out where 2nd gear is...1st gear is that squiggly ish). The waivering in the rpm lines are more examples of the clutch slipping.

a/f - 11.9 where the screen ends
    rpm - 5236
    throttle position - WOT...for some reason it registers in at 87%

I know those may be hard to see but i wanted to show u guys what exactly i'd accomplished
    Last edited by MRX; 09-30-2004, 05:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MRX
    replied
    sorry for the delays fellas but theres quite a few hurricanes outside...still tweaking tho

Leave a comment:

• MRX
    replied
    a94si - got a 14.8@96mph with very little first gear traction
    theone - You should never use a mugen chip on ur accord. Many reasons why. First, you have an 2.2L not a 1.6L or 1.8L. Most real mugen cars are civics and integras i believe. Another reason is the high cam lobes they use in their motors. The tune is not a stock tune at all. The mugen engines need alot more fuel and probably timing adjustments due to the compression ratio and i don't think they use stock heads at all. All the P&P'ing, valve angles, and valve diameters play a big part on how the engine runs as u know. Mugen really only deals with natural aspiration i thought u were going turbo. If so, u certainly don't want an N/A mugen chip. Other reasons are...look at how much trouble i went through trying to create a tune. The companies selling these chips simply use programs similiar to uberdata to raise rev limits and change the maps. The chipping parts + eprom cost $15-20 shipped, chipping tools cost $20, p06 ecu is like $75 or less (don't pay more than $75 please). So about $115 and ur good. Unless u wanthe programmer which u can find for $65 shipped on ebay and such. The chipped mugen part of the ecu is just an eprom with the mugen map. Once u take out that map and cut jumper j1 its just another stock ecu. Hope that answered everything

Leave a comment:

• theone
    replied
    i got a question, im planning to cop me a p06 ecu so that a guy ive been talking to on uberdata can creat a map and chip it for me.

i kno i can just buy a used one from the junk yard easily but whats up with the ones i see on ebay, the skunk or mugen chipped ones, are they legit and would uberdata run with it?
    or would it be no point in buying a mugen chipped p06 because u might have to remove the mugen chip to install the uberdata map/chip???

thanks

Leave a comment:

• a94si
    replied
    just in case u didn't see the other thread i'm running a 9.5 @ 75mph in the 1/8th so far
    Around what kind of 1/4 mile time does that translate to? Can't wait to see the maps!!

Leave a comment:

• MRX
    replied
    t3/t04e setup on my car...check out my member's ride. Hasn't been updated in a bit but u'll get the idea of what i'm running.

Update: I'm gonna have to create different maps ranging from 5psi to 11psi. I can't seem to get a flat a/f ratio to stay flat by even if i only turn up the boost by a pound. I've got 2 sources with dsm setups that are willing to try out my maps...just in case u didn't see the other thread i'm running a 9.5 @ 75mph in the 1/8th so far

Leave a comment:

• P M
    replied
    15 psi!! wow.

do u have the dsm setup on ur car?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X