Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

I found a KILLER header for my H22!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie240sxt View Post
    i would do a 3 in flex at the end of that header 3 in cat then 3 inch all the way back till your muffler that way if you ever need/want to upgrade to full 3 inch everything is already there
    I think I'm just gonna keep it 2.5, that way I won't have to junk my Greddy catback and my magnaflow muffler. not to mention a properly made 3" exhaust costs $$$ which I don't have a TON of right now.
    Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
    make sure you put a short little flexpipe on there, or maybe a donut gasket with spring bolts.
    yep, a 6" flexpipe I"m thinking and then after that a 3 to 2.5 collector.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by flight50 View Post
      going to a 2.5 would probably be the better choice. a 3" exhaust on a not so heavily modded is a choker. a loss of some good power. 3" belongs on a turbo. you need so much backpressure to keep the ciphon of gas going. with minor bolt on 2.25 is the size. more agressive power adders and you shouldn't exceed 2.5.
      No.

Backpressure has nothing to do with siphoning gas...

Also, it has been shown on dynos that stock H22's LOVE 2.5" exhaust, and mild-semi aggressive bolt on H22's very quickly require 3" exhaust.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Well, I managed to get the header to bolt up to my car and drive on it for a little while....but theres good news and bad news...

Bad:

I found out I have a bad injector in cyl. one...or something's up w/ it just by looking at the exhaust ports in the header:

Good news, its all welded and ready to put on my car, decided to reduce it to 2.5" before the cat for less of a headache. So I used a 2.5" flexpipe and then found a 2.5" hi flow cat and connected it that way along w/ making a flange for my Catback to bolt right up to

^^^^mainly the middle two are what were leaking. Probably because of the clamps ONLY being on the sides and not all the way across all 4 primaries. I might have my friend weld a bracket across all 4 on the top header portion and the DP section and then have individual screws tightening each one to make it a better seal.
        Last edited by Losiracer2; 01-07-2009, 08:40 PM.

member's ride thread
        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

that is a trippy ass header.. :O
          峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Originally posted by ric3rboi23 View Post
            that is a trippy ass header.. :O
            yeah, but I think I'll put it on once I get my injector issue all figured out...cyl. 1 is kicking my ass...it shouldn't be like that right? should be black like the other 3?

member's ride thread
            91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
              Well, I managed to get the header to bolt up to my car and drive on it for a little while....but theres good news and bad news...

Bad:

I just need to find a better way to seal the DP to header slip fit connection b/c it was leaking pretty bad even w/ those screws on the sides holding it together, so that's gonna be hard.

^^^^mainly the middle two are what were leaking. Probably because of the clamps ONLY being on the sides and not all the way across all 4 primaries. I might have my friend weld a bracket across all 4 on the top header portion and the DP section and then have individual screws tightening each one to make it a better seal.
              They are called U-Tabs. Here is a link. I think these would look cleaner.

U-Tabs

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
              JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                No.

Backpressure has nothing to do with siphoning gas...

Also, it has been shown on dynos that stock H22's LOVE 2.5" exhaust, and mild-semi aggressive bolt on H22's very quickly require 3" exhaust.
                I also agree with this statement. As soon as you bolt on cams, you will need a larger exhaust. Itis the nature of the H22 beast.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

i also had a holeshot header. the power was nice, but i had some problems with it. to start off my header was originally a two-piece, but it had been welded when i bought it making the install a bitch to say the least. i used a 92 prelude crossmember to keep the front mount and cut off a small portion to fit the header. i used spring bolts, but i see u already have a flex pipe, so ur ok to go. the main problem i had was the header would rub with the alternator which damaged the voltage regulator. i replaced three alternators because of it. hopefully u don't have the same problem, but if you do hopefully u could find a solution. goodluck

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi_h22a View Post
                    i also had a holeshot header. the power was nice, but i had some problems with it. to start off my header was originally a two-piece, but it had been welded when i bought it making the install a bitch to say the least. i used a 92 prelude crossmember to keep the front mount and cut off a small portion to fit the header. i used spring bolts, but i see u already have a flex pipe, so ur ok to go. the main problem i had was the header would rub with the alternator which damaged the voltage regulator. i replaced three alternators because of it. hopefully u don't have the same problem, but if you do hopefully u could find a solution. goodluck
                    yeah mine was right on the alt. resting against it, but it was on the heatsink of the alt. and not the main body. But it did however touch the alt. plug, that rubber portion and melted it somewhat along w/ my ES front insert, but i managed to move the front motor mount a little to the left by drilling the bracket holes slightly bigger and using a diff. lower clearance nut for the front motor mount bolt.

Idk, until I find a way to fix the exhaust leak, its not going back on my car. Along w/ that lean cyl. 1 too....that needs to be taken care of too.

member's ride thread
                    91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Working...
                    X