Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Calling all Delta regrind owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling all Delta regrind owners

Any of you have problems with your regrinds? Wearing flat? Breaking? Etc? Just post your experience and how long you've had your regrinds in
    Originally posted by DoctorCipher
    ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

272 with a skunk2 cam gear the gains were very noticable and the cam wear is awsome, retorque the cam bolt to spec after it cools down on the first start up

VTEC I dont need no stinkin Vtec

Comment

Anybody else have an opinion?
      ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

Anyone at all? I don't wanna drop $200 on cams if they'll wear out in a year

Comment

I haven't realy had my cam in long enough, but i got a feeling it will be ok. Go ahead with it, can't be any worse than stock...since that's basically what it is.
          My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

ask CBL, he has some for his dohc f22

-Jose

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I have 272 regrinds on a f22b dohc platform
              Very noticable but I am also tuned for them. They give a pritty eratic idle, but not as bad as others. I am also local and met the guys down there. Deffenatly the best power for the buck. Expect 15hp with the 272 and about 9 with the smaller grind. If you have any questions email me.

Comment

Originally posted by CBL
                I have 272 regrinds on a f22b dohc platform
                Very noticable but I am also tuned for them. They give a pritty eratic idle, but not as bad as others. I am also local and met the guys down there. Deffenatly the best power for the buck. Expect 15hp with the 272 and about 9 with the smaller grind. If you have any questions email me.
                That's what i was expecting...only somewhere around 15-20hp, oh well.

Comment

Oh by the way you need at least intake and exhaust to run the 272. Or you wont beable to maintain idle

Comment

Originally posted by CBL
                    Oh by the way you need at least intake and exhaust to run the 272. Or you wont beable to maintain idle
                    Mine maintains idle....turbo might have something to do with that wouldn't it?

Comment

I haven't got exhaust yet, but I do have a CAI, bored throttle body, milled head, UR crank pulley, gonna get forged pistons (should put me around 10-10.5:1). I shouldn't have any problems maintaining idle should I?

Comment

I had a 272 in my sohc when the timing belt broke at high rpms... 7k ish to be exact.

and aside from bending countless valves and trashing the adj cam gear...

the only real damage to the cam was the woodruff key area... and even that was fixable...

The lobes were still very close to spec when I checked everything after pulling it all apart. No real wear to speak of... and I was expecting more than there was... esp considering how badly I ragged that motor when I was racing it...

I am a firm supporter of Delta's work...
                        RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Originally posted by ZigenBallZ
                          I had a 272 in my sohc when the timing belt broke at high rpms... 7k ish to be exact.

the only real damage to the cam was the woodruff key area... and even that was fixable...

It was still very close to spec when I checked everything after pulling it all apart.

Sounds like a killer success story...

Comment

Originally posted by ZigenBallZ

The lobes were still very close to spec when I checked everything after pulling it all apart. No real wear to speak of... and I was expecting more than there was... esp considering how badly I ragged that motor when I was racing it...

Seals the deal for me Thanks

Comment

Just got off the phone with Delta. We decided the 260 would be better for me then the 272 (I can reuse all my stock valve train). Said it would be $93.50 each, plus $14 shipping and I can ship them with a check whenever I'm ready. Saved me $170 over the slightly used Crower stage 1 cams I was gonna buy

Comment

Working...
                              X