Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Calling all Delta regrind owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remeber when it was 80 dollars a cam. Prices went up a little

Comment

Originally posted by CBL
      I remeber when it was 80 dollars a cam. Prices went up a little
      Cost me 125 for service and shipment both ways....I live in Indiana so that a long ways to ship.
      My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Back when I was first interested in cams (when I thought I'd have the money for it), I emailed them and they said it would be $86 per cam
        Originally posted by DoctorCipher
        ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by InvaderTrax
          Back when I was first interested in cams (when I thought I'd have the money for it), I emailed them and they said it would be $86 per cam
          ya should've done it!

Comment

Originally posted by InvaderTrax
            yea, u shoulda done it

thast a fukin deal man, compared to what it is right now, and even now its not that expensive.

92hondaEx is gona get me one for xmas, hes nice like that.

-jose

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
              92hondaEx is gona get me one for xmas, hes nice like that.

-jose
              I am?? lol

Comment

of course u are, ur my buddy, lol.

-Jose

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I would have, but it was 86x2, and I was still looking for a second set of stock cams just so I would have so much down time. Spent $40 on those, and I was about $100 short of having enough for the regrinds. Ran into some financial problems (got stiffed twice that month, one by MikesF22Accord I think he's in jail. He said they pulled him over and found his stash and that he had court next day)
                  Originally posted by DoctorCipher
                  ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

Few questions:

Is an adjustable cam gear required with the regrind?

and how hard is it to install?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Okay get the facts right. For the f22a cam its 93.50 for the 272 reground. U gotta ship them yours and pay the 15$ for shipping for them to ship it back.

A lil over 100$ u cant beat that. I call them alot they are super nice. Im getting this done

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                        Few questions:

Is an adjustable cam gear required with the regrind?

and how hard is it to install?
                        No cam gear was require(although it might help optimize the timing) and it was pretty easy to install....main thing to remember is, DO NOT take the bolts out of the rocker assembly when you take it off to change gears and DO a valve adjustment job then brake in afterwards. Now would be a good time to change all your belts, water pump, etc(Must make sure you have the oil retainer in while you'll going thru the trouble! Click here to see about the retainer, VERY IMPORTANT!) There are more to it, but I don't feel like doing a write up(there's probbly already one), but if you need any more help, pm me.

Btw, it's a really good idea to have engine in TDC when doing this.... gl.

Comment

installed mine in october and no problems at all except valves ticking a little (I did adjust the valve lash).
                          Former Ride:
                          93 Accord Coupe
                          Jdm H22 w/ LSD
                          Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
                          Bone stock 99 2.3CL
                          Black on Black Leather
                          5spd

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn."
                          C. S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by exratedaccord93
                            installed mine in october and no problems at all except valves ticking a little (I did adjust the valve lash).
                            what specs did you do your's? I did mine to factory specs and I haven't had any ticking...

Comment

thanks great info 92, i will continue my research

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                              "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                              "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Soo what about 272 regrinds for the F22B DOHC?? Would it be worth dishing out the dough for the decent monster cams????

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
                                ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Members Sold To (Vouches):
                                ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

Comment

Working...
                                X