Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Calling all Delta regrind owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xwade01
    Soo what about 272 regrinds for the F22B DOHC?? Would it be worth dishing out the dough for the decent monster cams????
    I'm sure the effects will be the same, except you'll be able to control overlaps.
    My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

I think I did mine at 8 and 10 but the factory was 9 and 11. I can't remember. I know that it was tighter than factory so maybe that's what it is. If yours is set at factory and doesn't tick, I should probably readjust the lash.
      Former Ride:
      93 Accord Coupe
      Jdm H22 w/ LSD
      Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
      Bone stock 99 2.3CL
      Black on Black Leather
      5spd

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn."
      C. S. Lewis

Comment

Factory is 10 and 12, Delta recommends 6 and 8, but for me I had more problems with idle that tight.
        -Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Bluejayde
          Factory is 10 and 12, Delta recommends 6 and 8, but for me I had more problems with idle that tight.
          what problems with idle?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluejayde

you're right...mine is set at 6 and 8...I have problems with idle also...i didn't think it was the valves though. I thought it was the basemap from the mrx ecu....interesting.....
            Former Ride:
            93 Accord Coupe
            Jdm H22 w/ LSD
            Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
            Bone stock 99 2.3CL
            Black on Black Leather
            5spd

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn."
            C. S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by 92HondaEX
              what problems with idle?
              What problem? It won't.

I don't think it's just the valve lash, but I think it's a contributing factor.
              -Jay

Comment

I had my lash set at 7 and 9 if I remember right... and I had very rare stall problems... likeonce in a blue moon...

Although the tick was louder than when it was tighter... but it seemed to require less frequent adjustments haviing it a little looser...

no cam gear is required but it does help to tune and adjust out those little gremlins like the aforementioned idle problems...
                RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Have had the 260 Regrind in my auto for almost a year. I did not retighten anything, because I didn't need to. Everything went in smoothly, car sounded awesome when I was breaking her in, and the idle is a bit weird. I had to adjust it several times, and finally it rides around 700-800. Expect incredible gains, when considering most mods don't do shit. It feels great when you first get it in, like a new car to be honest. I'd deal with Delta again in a hearbeat.
                  My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Any of you cam guys have to pass emissions, and do so successfully?
                    2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                    Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                    1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
                      Any of you cam guys have to pass emissions, and do so successfully?
                      we don't haveany here...

Comment

So w/ me having 2cams instead of one am I looking at a pretty big gain w/ the 260/272's? I cant decide what I want and idno what I want to spend yet. Just looking to get some nice power out of the F22B and I heard somewhere that cam regrinds wouldnt be so good. Is that a false statemnt or no? Thanks

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
                        ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Members Sold To (Vouches):
                        ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

Comment

these are regrinds dude, and no one has had problems with them, so who ever told you that die, you ought to punch right in the nose.

-Jose

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Hmm okay... but I do plan on going turbo soon after though. Thats not going to be one bit of a problem w/ the regrinds is it?

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
                            ALOW1, TheNextAZN

ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

Comment

It shouldnt be, I think there is someone on here running the 272 with boost, and its holding up pretty well. I dont remember who it is tho.

A lot of people still think that overlap is bad for turbo applications. They are partially right. Too much overlap is bad, some over lap, as much as the 272 provides, is good for turbo.
                              I don't know the full details on it, so sorry I can't explain it fully. But if you research, I think it's been covered before.

-Jose

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                                It shouldnt be, I think there is someone on here running the 272 with boost, and its holding up pretty well. I dont remember who it is tho.

A lot of people still think that overlap is bad for turbo applications. They are partially right. Too much overlap is bad, some over lap, as much as the 272 provides, is good for turbo.
                                I don't know the full details on it, so sorry I can't explain it fully. But if you research, I think it's been covered before.

-Jose

Okay thanks a lot. I'ma give Delta a call tomorrow to see how much it's gona cost me. If right around the price range i'ma go ahead and get some regrinds. Thanks for the info!

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
                                ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Comment

Working...
                                X