Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

noob build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CB7lx91 View Post
    then it'd be 16g. I will only be pushing 8-9 lbs on a stock bottom end
    8-9 "lbs" is gonna be differnet depending what turbo you use. saything that doesnt really mean anything
    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
      That's what everyone and their mom uses. It's the most common turbo plug. 2 step colder.

The plug IS NGK. There really is no other choice when it comes to Honda plugs.

You just have to get the correct heat range and plug style.

I'll narrow it down for you, search these plugs

NGK 4554
      NGK 7173

Both are "8" heat range plugs. One style is projected, while the other is non projected.

Do some research on those plugs and the style of them.

I recommend sticking to tuning forums(hondata, ectune, evanstuning, pgmfi), as car forums know little to nothing about spark plugs.

On average, I've seen about a 10whp increase from using the correct set of spark plugs on turbo applications.
      alright thanks man, I'll start researching in that direction

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
      8-9 "lbs" is gonna be differnet depending what turbo you use. saything that doesnt really mean anything
      so how long do you think a 14b will last me at that psi at like (from what i read this is a guesstimated ball park hp range) 225 hp?

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

If you get a 14b, I'd recommend you rebuild it yourself. It's easy and cheap.

14b at 9psi is pretty nice.

In all honesty, I used to think 14b's were a waste of everyones time until I tuned drummersteve7. His shit was fucking quick. The only thing i hated was that he would actually start to go into boost doing 80+mph on the freeway.

IMO, get a 3" exhaust, including the down pipe. Get the right spark plugs(with such a small turbo, the spark plugs make a big difference) and get the right tuner. You won't be dissapointed.

A 16g would be best, but if all you can afford at the time is a 14b, then go for it.

You'll be closer to 240whp on 9psi with the right plugs/tune.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

if a DSM BOV is in need... i have one i'll let go for the right price

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
          My Ride thread
          Flickr
          Originally posted by d112crzy
          And it can only get better. That's the best part.
          All I gotta really say is:
          People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

If you get a 14b, I'd recommend you rebuild it yourself. It's easy and cheap.

14b at 9psi is pretty nice.

In all honesty, I used to think 14b's were a waste of everyones time until I tuned drummersteve7. His shit was fucking quick. The only thing i hated was that he would actually start to go into boost doing 80+mph on the freeway.

IMO, get a 3" exhaust, including the down pipe. Get the right spark plugs(with such a small turbo, the spark plugs make a big difference) and get the right tuner. You won't be dissapointed.

A 16g would be best, but if all you can afford at the time is a 14b, then go for it.

You'll be closer to 240whp on 9psi with the right plugs/tune.
            wow...240 is more than I expected haha. There aren't many good tuners where I live (I'll be in RI when I finish this), but a new shop just opened up down the street who offer tuning, so I'll see how good they are. I am still figuring out what plugs to use. And yes eventually I will upgrade to the 16g, and then get forged internals and a better cam. This is just basically an "intro" build so I don't spend thousands of dollars only to find out I don't like boost

Originally posted by prNonVtec4u View Post
            if a DSM BOV is in need... i have one i'll let go for the right price
            PM'd my friend

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

make sure you get a 1g dsm bov, not the plastic 2g piece of crap
              Cars:
              91 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
              98 Accord LX Sedan
              95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD (E3 16G, PTE 780cc, Godspeed FMIC)

Comment

good luck with the built man.
                always nice to see someone going boost

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

That's what everyone and their mom uses. It's the most common turbo plug. 2 step colder.

The plug IS NGK. There really is no other choice when it comes to Honda plugs.

You just have to get the correct heat range and plug style.

I'll narrow it down for you, search these plugs

NGK 4554
                  NGK 7173

Both are "8" heat range plugs. One style is projected, while the other is non projected.

Do some research on those plugs and the style of them.

I recommend sticking to tuning forums(hondata, ectune, evanstuning, pgmfi), as car forums know little to nothing about spark plugs.

On average, I've seen about a 10whp increase from using the correct set of spark plugs on turbo applications.
                  BKR7E is a step 1 colder plug. im running 2 step colder and my plug is BKR6E
                  miss my turbo cb7
                  moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

You are very confused.

7's are 2 step colder, 6's are 1 step colder. The stock part number for f22's is zfr5f11.

Please explain how a 6 is 2 steps colder.

NGK is, bigger number=colder, and vice versa.

Comment

so from what I read I'd only really want a step 1 colder.

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

I give up.

Go ahead and just run stock plugs.

Comment

LOL oh man
                          Confucius say...when god gives you gators...make Gatorade

Comment

whoa man, I'm sorry you're flustered. This thread is titled "noob build"

I have not been tuning cars for the good part of my career. I had been researching the differences in 1 step and 2 step plugs in between class and writing a paper.

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

I give up.

Go ahead and just run stock plugs.
                              dude relax man. you need to educate not force people with data.
                              miss my turbo cb7
                              moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

I don't need to educate anyone. I help people who help themselves. Doing a 5 minute search on google does not qualify as a real search.

Try.....a day. At the very least.

Comment

Working...
                                X