Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

noob build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah dude. I said from what I read. From what I have read. Don't worry haha I will continue to research

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

2 step colder

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

There are at least a dozen set of plug numbers that I can name off right now that are 2 step colder than stock.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

ngk zfr7f-11

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

nope.

Comment

my brain hurts

I keep reading of people running ngk zfr7f11's all day with a similar boost range as my goal.

I'm still lookin though

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Well..they do work. But those aren't the best and as a tuner, I don't recommend them.

search eCtune.com's forum.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                  Well..they do work. But those aren't the best and as a tuner, I don't recommend them.

search eCtune.com's forum.
                  What were you runnin on Steve's build?

Comment

It's a secret. Well...not really. It's been posted before but I guess there hasn't been that much research put in.

We're talking about drummersteve7 btw. The spark plugs are what made the biggest difference in the way his car ran. I've really never felt a car pull so hard on 9lbs with such a small turbo.

Comment

Just wondering, cuz they made a huge difference. They were pretty cold weren't they?

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
                        Just wondering, cuz they made a huge difference. They were pretty cold weren't they?
                        yes sir.

I've already posted part numbers in this thread. I don't understand how people are lost still.

They were REALLY cold. Not your normal 2 step colder plugs. But the key was in their design. They were so cold that I had to really richen the idle portions up for it to idle smoothly. But it was a small sacrifice he made for the awesomeness of his setup.

Comment

change of plans for this build.

Let me know what's going down

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

well hello...

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
                            not sure why I have not seen this thread, maybe I have been focused on the ladies too much and forgot about my roots!

anyways I'm using NGK Plugs R5671A-11 from xenocron. And yes Joser did have to make some major adjustments.

Here is where I believe I went wrong. So everything was kick arse with this setup. I decided to change from my Johbnny Racecar FMIC to the stock DSM SMIC and everything was still ok in Washington (cold temperatures, also not too much traffic in the areas I lived) then I drove it to California for a visit with the folks(crazy hot temperatures, tons of traffic). It did great all the way down there and for about 3 weeks after that, but then I started having overheating issues. Mostly due to the 100 degree plus heat down there, Im assuming, my tune was based on Seattle and I got to Cali with the SMIC and the effeciency dropped.

Besides the drama, yes this car pulled awesome I was majorly impressed with it, and still am. I would say a 14b is not to small especially to start out in. Because once you boost you basically have to learn how to drive all over again. It is a new world. Lemme tell ya, and make sure you got some money set aside for the possible red and blue that might find you interesting. Luckily I am doing good on that level.

Warning: Once you go Boost you never really wanna go back!
                            Last edited by drummersteve7; 11-07-2008, 03:52 AM.
                            MadLab Racing
                            Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                              yes sir.

I've already posted part numbers in this thread. I don't understand how people are lost still.

They were REALLY cold. Not your normal 2 step colder plugs. But the key was in their design. They were so cold that I had to really richen the idle portions up for it to idle smoothly. But it was a small sacrifice he made for the awesomeness of his setup.
                              Listen to the man. Jose knows his shiznit.
                              F22a1, T3/T4 turbo, Greddy Type RS BOV on left-over AEM CAI piping, Turbo XS manual boost controller, PHAT intercooler, Crzy tuning, Walbro fuel pump, AEM FPR/fuel rail/pulleys/cam gear, Gude cam and throttle body, MSD ignition/cap/coil, NGK wires and Iridium plugs, Fidanza flywheel, ACT clutch, Nuespeed short shifter

9 lbs on stock internals (for 10 min)
                              16.2 1/4 mile with basics
                              ??.? 1/4 mile with turbo
                              139 hp with all bolt-ons
                              ??? hp with turbo

STAY TUNED

Comment

NGK R5671A-9 will be the sparkers, just need to search for an oil restrictor and look into how to chip an ecu lol. This isnt too bad lol, I'm pumped to get this thing rollin

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Working...
                                X