Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

whos running a DSM set up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 91project View Post
    ive just read every post in this thread and have learned so much. i gotta find a dsm turbo setup soon and start building. i want a stock f22 with a dsm turbo setup with a 14b most likely running 8 lbs for a dd and get a boost controller to turn it up to 12 when needed.
    if any1 has a kit avail lmk

one ? tho.

what ecu and what chip is prefferred for a dsm setup on stock f22?

p06? p28?

thanks

also whats a 14g out of?
    ECU doesn't matter. As long as it is a chippable Honda one. P28's are just mainly used on h22 swaps because they're already programmed for vtec.

It was said a couple times in this thread so correct me if I'm wrong, but any dsm engine except the Evo. So all your Lasers and Eclipses I'd presume.

Hell, I don't even know what the part number is for a 14b or a 16g to tell the difference when sitting on a table (besides size)

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

so a 14b and 14g are the same thing ?

Comment

Originally posted by 91project View Post
        so a 14b and 14g are the same thing ?
        As far as my knowledge goes (and I just started planning and buying my build a month ago) there is no such thing as a 14g. only a 14b. There's a 13g that was mentioned earlier as well

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

okk thanks, cause on other threads ive read people talking bout 14g's and idk what thats from but i did read bout the auto 1g eclipse with the 13g.

and also so you preffer a chipped p06 then for the turbo build? and what does the p06 come out of?

Comment

yea, no 14g's were made.

and as for the 1/4 its way too hard to say that. I would go by trap speeds in that case. On my untuned basemap (it was a real clean map tho) I was able to trap 100mph. Ran a 14.4 on that run. Stock f22a4 with a 16g evo3 setup at 11psi

As far 14bs, I dont see why a 10-12 psi setup couldnt hang with 5.0's and camaros.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
            11.68 @ 127mph
            417whp/375wtq
            Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by Boost_Lee View Post
              yea, no 14g's were made.

thanks so if some1 trys to sell me a 14g i should be weary about it right

Comment

Originally posted by Boost_Lee View Post
                yea, no 14g's were made.

and as for the 1/4 its way too hard to say that. I would go by trap speeds in that case. On my untuned basemap (it was a real clean map tho) I was able to trap 100mph. Ran a 14.4 on that run. Stock f22a4 with a 16g evo3 setup at 11psi

As far 14bs, I dont see why a 10-12 psi setup couldnt hang with 5.0's and camaros.
                so how is it that people make runs like that on an untuned basemap? doesnt it bog out or anything?

for the chipped ECU(i plan on going with a p06 if i can find one thats good), should there be anything i should have included? i know there are different sensors and all.

what about the downpipe off the DSM kit. am i able to use that or will it be something i have to get custom made?

Comment

i like this tread lol i'm planning to go turbo summer 2009 so this tread is quite helping me on the info to !!! thanks !

i have a 1992 Honda Accord Ex-R ALB F22A6 4 door

can any one make this more precise ... witch car or witch companies i need these parts below ??

injector : ?
                  fuel rail : ?
                  header :?
                  gaz pump : ?
                  head : ?
                  intake : ?
                  BFMIC thats fits without cuting 3/4 of the bumper : ?
                  cams : ?
                  ect ect ??

i know i'm going with a brand new Big 16G, h23a head , h22 intake ... but after that i need opinion !

thanks guys and this web site is off the hook sick cb7s on the forum !

and Shadow1 thanks for starting this tread ! i hope the coment i posted will help u 2 , best of luck with you're setup !
                  Last edited by jdm_stylez; 10-24-2008, 09:17 AM.
                  Honda accord Ex-i 89 : death
                  Toyota celica GTS 91 : sold
                  Honda accord Ex 92 :Gone to heaven..<--- click for pics <--- you miss me so much!
                  Honda accord Lx 90 : the shit box...
                  Honda accord Ex-R 92 :The New Cb7! <--- click for pics <--- Gonna be one clean looking JDM Cb7 !
                  BMW E30 325IS 1989 :My other new toy

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_stylez View Post
                    i like this tread lol i'm planning to go turbo summer 2009 so this tread is quite helping me on the info to !!! thanks !

can any one make this more precise ... witch car or witch companies i need these parts below ??

injector : ?
                    fuel rail : ?
                    header :?
                    gaz pump : ?
                    head : ?
                    intake : ?
                    BFMIC thats fits without cuting 3/4 of the bumper : ?
                    cams : ?
                    ect ect ??

i know i'm going with a brand new Big 16G, h23a head , h22 intake ... but after that i need opinion !

and Shadow1 thanks for starting this tread ! i hope the coment i posted will help u 2 , best of luck with you're setup !
                    injectors you can get from a 1g eclipse 450cc injectors
                    aem fuel rail
                    header/turbo mani can be from a 1g eclipse with modification
                    walboro has a goof fuel pump
                    cams can be bisimoto turbo cams or idk if delta makes on for the h23 head idk.

thats just from my knowledge

i would like to know bout the size of fmic so i dont have to cut my bumper also

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                      so how is it that people make runs like that on an untuned basemap? doesnt it bog out or anything?

for the chipped ECU(i plan on going with a p06 if i can find one thats good), should there be anything i should have included? i know there are different sensors and all.

what about the downpipe off the DSM kit. am i able to use that or will it be something i have to get custom made?

im pretty sure the dsm downpipe bolts up to the turbo outlet but gonna have to be cut and and modded for the rest of it.

for a chipped p06 what sensors have to be changed?

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_stylez View Post

injector : dsm 450cc injectors
                        fuel rail : use your stock one
                        header : 1g dsm manifold
                        gaz pump : walbro 255
                        head : stock. but upgrade the cam for more powa
                        intake : h23 would be awesome
                        BFMIC thats fits without cuting 3/4 of the bumper : like mines. 6" Tall buy 2.5" wide by 28" long
                        cams : bisimoto
                        ect ect: run 2.5" exhaust, chipped on p06, get oil and boost pressure gauges

that should give you a start, but more people will chip in and help ya.
                        miss my turbo cb7
                        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

thanks helped me also

Comment

if you're not touching your bottom end, you dont need an aftemarket fuel rail. Ours will suffice.

Yes the dsm down pipe or "J Pipe" will definitely bolt onto the dsm turbo, but as for clearence issues, I have no clue.

QuickAngel, any reason you ran 2.5" and are suggesting it?

everywhere I read people are using 3" and recommend only 3" for lack of back pressure.

I'm not bashing you at all, just wondering if 2.5" would be more suitable

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

oh, and a p06 is out of a 92-95 civic.

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Originally posted by CB7lx91 View Post
                                if you're not touching your bottom end, you dont need an aftemarket fuel rail. Ours will suffice.

Yes the dsm down pipe or "J Pipe" will definitely bolt onto the dsm turbo, but as for clearence issues, I have no clue.
                                The downpipe also known as the dump or O2 housing is different than that of the J-Pipe. the jpipe comes off the compressor outlet, and has a 2 bolt fitting. which leads into the i/c piping and then intercooler.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                                So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Working...
                                X