Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

whos running a DSM set up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
    Unfortunatly I can only do a basemap for Hondata.

how much would that run me?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
      how much would that run me?
      well you'll need a hondata ecu which is like 560 bucks + a basemap
      miss my turbo cb7
      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
        well you'll need a hondata ecu which is like 560 bucks + a basemap
        um....yeah. ill just get that ECU from you then. lmao.

anything else i should know about? any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
          anything else i should know about? any advice?
          Have fun, thats all

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
            Have fun, thats all
            thanx man.

and thanx for everyone else who posted in this thread. this has been been very helpful to me and others, im sure of it.

have fun everyone and happy boosting

Comment

a few things

I am glad so many people are considering boost. The CB7 is one of the most under-thought cars to get on it. Except for us on the site!

Install Notes:
              On my 92 setup I took my time getting everything together.
              Started getting parts and when I was just missing a few small pieces thats when I started the install. It took me about 1 month to get it all installed and tuned from that point. I am pretty sure I can do it in 1 weekend now, with the right tools and exhaust setup. Ya now when I say injectors I dont mean them all(obviously) I used 450cc DSM ones from xenocrone, which has killer parts. Check them out at http://www.xenocron.com/catalog/index.php
              So many good parts, and they also hook up ecu's and burner software for ecus. For the Mid-Atlantic folks I have the software and ostrich burner and the tools to get your chip in the ecu I am still learning about ecu's but if you have Joser chip it, we can get a base map and get you to get tuned. (Soon hopefully I will be doing this myself) Most my install stuff can be found in the link below under My 1992 LX Turbo Build. Luckily I had my 93 EX for a DD.

Exhaust:
              I am running 2.5" exhaust pipes all the way back. I believe it flows fine. For now it has a Ebay exhaust but the turbo does quiet it down heavily. No raspiness at all. Most the northwest guys heard it, they know.

1/4 Mile times for Shadow:
              Hey bro, as far as times basically I ran against F22HB in his turbo F22 civic on the road and walked him. After that we went to the track PIR in Washington and he ran a 14.2 to notice a blown headgasket and other possible issues. So since I walked him and on 9 psi, Joser-Jon and I decided that I was running right around high 13's. Unluckily I wasn't setup for track so I couldn't run.

Hopefully this has helped. And Shadow I will hit you up when I get state-side again around Nov 1. I am in Japan right now!

Good luck and thats what this site is for. Helpful Info!
              Especially fellow Boost Addicts!
              Once you go boost you never wanna go back.
              All boost junkies can vouch!
              Last edited by drummersteve7; 10-24-2008, 09:44 PM.
              MadLab Racing
              Southern Maryland

Comment

thanks alot guys for the help !!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Honda accord Ex-i 89 : death
                Toyota celica GTS 91 : sold
                Honda accord Ex 92 :Gone to heaven..<--- click for pics <--- you miss me so much!
                Honda accord Lx 90 : the shit box...
                Honda accord Ex-R 92 :The New Cb7! <--- click for pics <--- Gonna be one clean looking JDM Cb7 !
                BMW E30 325IS 1989 :My other new toy

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_stylez View Post
                  thanks alot guys for the help !!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  np thats what we're here for
                  miss my turbo cb7
                  moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

This tread is very helpful but in same time confusing at least to me as I'm new to turbo. So I looked up for DSM turbo stuf and can't figure what will fit and won't. how do I classify them like 1G, 2G, 4g63, TD05h what that mean is it 1st generation and 2nd 89-94, 95-99 so they all will fit or just some? I know you need to redrill the manifold to fit right.

Ok. how to you know which 16G is right for our cb, the link below have five 16g
                    and how do you tell if its real deal or cheap knock off, is this HorsepowerFreaks store have good quality turbines? Look for "Mitsubishi Turbos Only"
                    http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/sale...os/Turbos_Only

Thanks guys

Comment

Ok. Found answears for some questions posted by this nice fela.
                      Originally posted by WilliamW View Post
                      For the DSM parts, you need

1) 1G 2G DSM manifold

2) 1G DSM Blow off Valve (2G is pretty crappy)

3) 1G 2G 14b TDO5 turbocharger

4) 1G 2G J pipe

5) 1G 2G BOV flange w/pipe. (getting custom 2.5" pipe is better though)

6) 1G 2G 450cc DSM Blue Top injectors

7) 1G 2G 14b Wastegate (should be attached to turbo but may not come with it)

8) 1G 2G down pipe.

9) 1G 2G intercooler. (I would recommend using a FMIC, but a pure DSM setup it won't hurt)

10) 1G 2G turbo bolts and nuts and studs. (they seem small now, just try matching everything up when you don't have it)

11) 1G 2G banjo bolts and connectors for water and oil lines.

That's all I can think of. It's not exactly as easy as get parts, install, boost, but you should be pretty much set with all those parts.

AND what ever you do, get pictures of everything before you buy it. Don't get screwed on turbos, it too me 3 turbochargers to learn that.

Look for shaft play, blade condition (HIGH RESOLUTION) even the slightest bits of metal missing on any fins will throw your turbo off balance. Housings, if their modified, stay away from them. It only makes head aches. Get good parts that have not been ground down "customized" or "made to fit" our cars. With everything from Mitsubishi the turbo should bolt on no problem. The only issue is the manifold which may need to be drilled out a bit. Other than that. Don't get played! Be safe. and enjoy boost.

So how bad is "big 16g" that go for $250 ebay, or is it better to start with 14b, and how much do they go for?

Comment

just make sure the turbo is the real deal Mistu

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                        11.68 @ 127mph
                        417whp/375wtq
                        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

don't buy important turbo components on ebay is my motto.

Buy a real MHI or you will most likely regret it. It might run great for a little while, but soon, it will be kaput.
                          2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                          2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

dsm setups are pretty good when built smart

alot of things can be done to better optimize the flow of the MHI bagels. especially those folks running 14bs..

u can easily turn ur td05 14b.. to a td05 18g with a few componets from ebay(MHI brand not generic)

compressor housings.. wheels.. turbine housings...dumps..etcs are all easily upgradeable on the MHI line.. its a nice plus

one i just finished dueing that is about to be bolted on to a built f22a/h23a is

td05 12a(starion turbo) (selected for 8cm2 turbine housing)
                            td05 greddy 20g compressor housing
                            td05 ev03 big 16g compressor wheel
                            td06 20g turbine wheel
                            3" exhaust
                            2" dump

aiming for 20-25psi

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Gonna be slow as feck.

2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                              2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

run the 16g, i have been runing my dsm setup for about 8 months and i woldnt be any happier. do not cheap out on turbos thats the stupidest thing to do because if you buy a ebay knockoff your more than likely to see it break down after a couple of months just safe up a buy a real one. the true mhi tdo5h16g usually goes for 500-650 plus ship but some will pay for shiping. its not that big of a turbo but it suits our motor and i'm tuned at 10 psi and it pulls hard. i just replaced the trans cable and i couldnt be happier with auto no missing gears here. ill soon switch to 5spd, but im having alot of fun with the auto.
                                Last edited by r32spec; 11-03-2008, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X