Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

DBSharp's Turbo Fabrication thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gtseviper View Post
    what...cure...forget that...my exhaust heat will cure that bad boy....lol...I'm to lazy to do that anyway....come on d...lol
    lol thats what I did the first time. paint cracked up and fell off, this is likely cause by the high egts I was probably having. I never tuned the ignition for the two weeks that my car was running because the clutch was just slipping after the first few pulls and the motor was knocking. I know I could have used more timing, but I wasn't too concerned with it then.
    spin city

Comment

D..the single cam is back on...no water, oil leaks, just fuel in the cylinders...I didn't realize how important mechanical timing is until I had the distributor all the way advance and it drove but not the way I liked it...so my brother saw it and adjusted.....man does the car pull without boost..I"m put some miles on it before I boost...
      New paint job and bumper 8/8/11
      tsx retrofit
      f22b dohc boosted
      custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

you need to sync your dizzy properly and then you need to work on your timing map. if advancing the dizzy all the way makes it feel faster you probably dont have your timing right.

I ran over my laptop with my car! The screen is busted all to shit but it still works I am using it now! I have not been able to do much tuning on my car yet, my map will be better soon, but I have a pretty decent vacuum timing map. Got it from a stock f22a map and modified it slightly. Ill give it to you if you want.
        spin city

Comment

No I meant it felt way better when I put the distributor more to the center mark..I had it way advance and it was driving like crap...when you say sync the time...do you mean get the mechanical timing and ecu timing to match
          tsx retrofit
          f22b dohc boosted
          custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

bingo! jump your service connector and get it set correctly. if your dizzy is advanced fully then you are increasing your actual timing considerably.
            spin city

Comment

Its been a while since Ive posted so I add an update.

Its running decently on 8psi. I am running on a poorly tuned map right now, but it is good enough to not cause an issue. I ran over my laptop so I cant really do much tuning right now. Ill get another one soon enough and get the car tuned right. My clutch really sucks, it chatters like a mofo and does not like slipping at all. Thats what I get for using a used clutch. Ill just save up some cash and get something new.

Its nice to have it back on the road.

Oh yea, I have yet to have any issues with blowing my couplings apart. If I start having this issue with more boost, Ill weld the shit up.
              Last edited by dbsharp; 07-04-2010, 02:16 PM.
              spin city

Comment

that looks real good d...I plan on putting a f22b on my block as well..it is something about the dohc....that gets me going....
                tsx retrofit
                f22b dohc boosted
                custom gauges pods

Comment

I did a battery relocation yesterday...more room for me....lol
                  tsx retrofit
                  f22b dohc boosted
                  custom gauges pods

Comment

I got a new laptop now! If I could just get ECTune to work! Dam user account controls!!!
                    spin city

Comment

no shit man, if there was a way to use someone else licesnse I could throw you mine.

freaking not using it right now anyways.
                      waiting for my h22 total build.

right now just rocking my p28 with a crome tune.

ectune and hondata just sitting around the house.
                      MadLab Racing
                      Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
                        I got a new laptop now! If I could just get ECTune to work! Dam user account controls!!!
                        EC what I told you AEM AEM AEM

Comment

The license is fine, It is windows that is causing the issue. (I think).

Hey Errol, find me a real good deal on AEM and ill get it. Until then Ill leave it up to you to show me up with COP and a standalone. I know your going to get it..... one day
                          spin city

Comment

I Finally got ectune working on my new laptop. I went out and did a little tuning and data logging. I think this setup might make a little bit of power when I upgrade a couple of parts. I am running these DSM 450cc injectors right below 80% duty cycle at under 7 psi! Its still a little rich though. Boost pressure is steady as a rock too!

The timing is conservative until I get some time to go do some plug pulling, so there is more power to be had on this setup! Right now I can spin tires in first like its nothing and with fast shifting I can spin them through a good bit of second.

spin city

Comment

those are looking good D....try to see if you can reduce on the IAT and ECT and you should gain some more power on just that first tune...I can't wait to buy another wideband
                              tsx retrofit
                              f22b dohc boosted
                              custom gauges pods

Comment

yea I am going to be working on getting the engine bay to vent better. It gets very warm under the hood. i think I am going to drive around without a hood one day and see what kinda temps I get. I think I am going to be somewhere in the 250-300 whp range at this boost level when I get the ignition timing right.
                                spin city

Comment

Working...
                                X