Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Summer 2010 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer 2010 Build

Well, the new motor is in and the tuning happens this week...hope everything goes well. Here's the build. It will be tuned using Neptune and I do have an hks ebc. I will be bringing my camera to take a few vids. Hoping to make close to 400whp at 15psi...wish me luck!

HEAD
    -1993 JDM H22a DOHC VTEC
    -skunk2 pro series stage 1 cams
    -skunk2 pro series cam gears
    -skunk2 pro series valves
    -skunk2 pro series titanium retainers
    -skunk2 pro series valve springs
    -skunk2 pro series intake manifold
    -skunk2 pro series 68mm throttle body
    -brand new jdm distributor
    -custom painted valve cover w/ cut outs for cam gears
    -3 angle valve job
    -Cometic head gasket
    -ARP main studs
    -hondata intake manifold gasket

BLOCK
    -jdm h22a block
    -Mahle Gold Series 10:1 Compression/Stock Bore
    -Eagle Forged H-Beam Rods
    -ACL Main Bearings
    -ACL Rod Bearings
    -ARP Rod Bolts
    -Balanced and Micro Polished Crank
    -Kaizen Speed Balance Shaft Eliminator Kit
    -New OEM Water Pump
    -New OEM Timing Belt
    -H23 Manual Tensioner Conversion
    -ARP Head Studs
    -Moroso Oil Pan
    -Moroso Oil Pick-Up

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Wow good luck man, looks like a great built there.
    What you running for boost?
    Current:
    2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
    1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
    1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Nub View Post
      Wow good luck man, looks like a great built there.
      What you running for boost?
      the turbo is a t3/to4e 60-1. I'm just wondering about the boost controller. I like to bring my car to the drags a lot and I wanted a controller where I could activate both the low boost setting and high boost setting with the push of a button, instead of having to change if on the boost controller itself. Anyone know if this is possible with this boost controller?

SOLD!!
      Boosted H22

Comment

Ive never used neptune, but it likely has the ability to do this via a switch wired to the ecu.
        spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
          Ive never used neptune, but it likely has the ability to do this via a switch wired to the ecu.
          No I dont think it does. I'm thinking HKS has something that is sold separately...I know Neptune does have boost by gear which would be awesome, but expensive to tune.

SOLD!!
          Boosted H22

Comment

i used a electronic boost controller i believe motorolla i bought it from speed factory and yes toogle switch down was off the waste gate toogle switch up was turn the knob and goooooo....what software are you running i switched to e ctune and love it boost by gear

Comment

Boost by gear should not be expensive to tune, if neptune has that ability. Too bad your not any closer, I'd tune your car for cheep to get experience with neptune.
              spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
                Boost by gear should not be expensive to tune, if neptune has that ability. Too bad your not any closer, I'd tune your car for cheep to get experience with neptune.
                Neptune does have it, I'd heard it takes a while to tune boost by gear...maybe it's time for a road trip

SOLD!!
                Boosted H22

Comment

wow sounds expensive wish i could do that

Comment

Why not go with the Skunk2 forced induction cams instead of the stage 1?

I'm just wondering cause my friend had the stage 1 cams on his na h22a4 and he made less hp and tq than my h22a with stock cams. He said the stage 1 cams were a waste of money and wished he went with stage 2. Plus, I don't even think the stage 1 cams are aggressive enough to require an upgraded valvetrain. Stage 2 and FI cams do, I think you'd be happier with them.

At the King Motorsports Dyno Day 2009, I watched a 95 prelude run 430 whp with a boosted H22. Not sure what PSI he was running though...

Just a thought

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Originally posted by wherm View Post
                      Why not go with the Skunk2 forced induction cams instead of the stage 1?

I'm just wondering cause my friend had the stage 1 cams on his na h22a4 and he made less hp and tq than my h22a with stock cams. He said the stage 1 cams were a waste of money and wished he went with stage 2. Plus, I don't even think the stage 1 cams are aggressive enough to require an upgraded valvetrain. Stage 2 and FI cams do, I think you'd be happier with them.

At the King Motorsports Dyno Day 2009, I watched a 95 prelude run 430 whp with a boosted H22. Not sure what PSI he was running though...

Just a thought
                      The reason I went with these cams were because they already came with the motor. I have heard that the stage 1 cams were actually a good choice, but you you migth be right. Until the car gets dynoed that's when I can see whether they are a good enough. But thanks for that info!

SOLD!!
                      Boosted H22

Comment

NA cams have considerably more overlap than turbo cams. You'll be blowing your intake charge out the exhaust valves.

Otherwise, the build looks good! Very similar to what I plan on doing myself.

Comment

I think these cams will be alright for my power goals...if it was anymore then I would probably look into other one's

SOLD!!
                          Boosted H22

Comment

Could have just used the jdm h22 cams but im sure what you have will work. How high are you planning to rev this motor? I also 2nd getting a boost solenoid and just useing neptune to control boost, I also run the demon rtp neptune setup. Good luck, waiting for dyno sheet

Comment

Originally posted by Sordz View Post
                              Could have just used the jdm h22 cams but im sure what you have will work. How high are you planning to rev this motor? I also 2nd getting a boost solenoid and just useing neptune to control boost, I also run the demon rtp neptune setup. Good luck, waiting for dyno sheet
                              I have no idea how much higher I can rev it, that's something I'm looking forward to seeing
                              Last edited by mozzandherb; 08-02-2010, 01:21 AM.

SOLD!!
                              Boosted H22

Comment

Working...
                              X