Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

supercharged H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't been on the board in a [I]long, long time [I] and this is an awesome build to find! Get a smaller pulley and see how it does.

On another note, it looks like you are using a screen or something as an inlet right next to the header, any thought of trying to pull cooler air from the front or anything? My car woke up (so to speak) when I moved my inlet to the bottom of the car, and I am sure yours would respond well to.

Once again, great build.
    L8r
    Turbo H23a3 build has begun
    01-01-2019

Comment

Kick ass build man!!!! Read all pages and you have done some awesome work.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
      PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

Update.. MOAR BOOST!

Changed my supercharger pulley, from 4.5in (4.6psi) to 3.5in (?psi) I go to the dyno again hopefully Friday next week. Expectiing to see 9-10psi maybe more, hopefully not. Took it for a conservative test drive, builds boost a lot sooner, saw 8psi at 6500-7000ish, and I let off. First and second, wheel spin like crazy, so much faster though LOL.

Pic for a click

Comment

Can't wait to see update. Don't kill your block! If you hit your 300 hp and aren't over 10 psi I'm sure you will be thrilled, and you will shock a few ppl who didn't think it possible to get that hp on that psi.
          My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Fingers crossed XXXX !!! But if it happens, it happens. im sure it will be fine for a while, since I dont drive it daily, nor beat it when i do. At this point i feel confident ill be very close to the 300 mark, but would be stoked to exceed it. I wont be driving it much until the tune, keeping boost low if I do, but it felt great today.

Comment

mad props bro, I wanted to be the first on this board, but no money to do it. Congrats on a nice setup, I'll be waiting for updates.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Very nice, and very impressive. Good job!
                The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

When's the retune?
                  My 91 ex coupe
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=189841

Comment

I don't know yet, haven't talked to my tuner lately to find openings. I've had to have a lot of major dental work the last few weeks, still have some more to do, so haven't had time or money to worry about the CB

Off topic : Take care of your teeth kiddos, it sucks having back to back to back spots with a needle and drill. Expensive too

Comment

Found a better pic of my graph.. @4.6 psi

The motor is out, starting next stage of build.. Stay tuned

Comment

So are you done playing with the pulleys?

Seems like the charger can move soooo much more air. I wonder if you could get a custom harmonic balancer made that had a larger drive pulley for the charger. You already have the smallest pulley they offer on the charger don't you?

Increasing the drive pulley diameter would generate more boost, but also have a greater parisitic drag on the motor. Can't the v2 flow over 1000 cfm?

Seems like a lot of room to work yet.

Kickass man, I'm glad your still messing with this. What's the plans for the build?
                        Originally posted by wed3k
                        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

That was the first tune, being conservative with pulley sizing. I used a 4.5 in pulley to net 4.6psi. I changed it out to a 3.5in and was running aprox 10psi. I did not tune it on that for fear of engine damage, since it is essentially a stock block. According to my math the compressor is now close to its peak rpm (53k) so it is more effiecent. I can still go smaller with the pulley, down to 2.25in I believe, but that will put it over its max rpm.

Build plan as follows
                          Sleeved block
                          Eagle rods
                          11.5:1 piston (maybe 12:1) undecided

Titanium valves
                          Port and polish
                          70mm throttle body
                          Water meth injection

Comment

Originally posted by cincy90h22 View Post
                            That was the first tune, being conservative with pulley sizing. I used a 4.5 in pulley to net 4.6psi. I changed it out to a 3.5in and was running aprox 10psi. I did not tune it on that for fear of engine damage, since it is essentially a stock block. According to my math the compressor is now close to its peak rpm (53k) so it is more effiecent. I can still go smaller with the pulley, down to 2.25in I believe, but that will put it over its max rpm.

Build plan as follows
                            Sleeved block
                            Eagle rods
                            11.5:1 piston (maybe 12:1) undecided

Titanium valves
                            Port and polish
                            70mm throttle body
                            Water meth injection
                            Sounds like a solid plan.

I used my windshield washer fluid res for my meth tank.

Keeps it sneaky that way.

Just a suggestion.

I love what you did here man, you kick ass
                            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                              Sounds like a solid plan.

I used my windshield washer fluid res for my meth tank.

Keeps it sneaky that way.

Just a suggestion.

I love what you did here man, you kick ass
                              I was thinking the same thing.. I never use it anyway.

which kit did you buy? Snow?

Comment

Originally posted by cincy90h22 View Post
                                I was thinking the same thing.. I never use it anyway.

which kit did you buy? Snow?
                                Stage 2 snow kit

Came highly recommended, and I have nothing but good things to say about it.

Well worth the money for what you wanna do with 12:1 and boost.

Comment

Working...
                                X