Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

which transmission for f22 turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which transmission for f22 turbo?

i have a 300hp turbo F22 and my transmission need a rebuilt.

what would be the best thing to do ?

my first choice is to have it rebuilt by a friend. he can do that for under 200$

but i'm thinking about putting a LSD diff in it. is it the money? is OBX lsd good?
    i know quaife is best but i'm not willing to spend 1000$ on a diff..

or should i buy a used m2b4 lsd prelude trans?

i'm not very hard with the car and i don't race with it.. i just want a sport feeling when i drive the car.
    My Ride

Jas Airbrush, Custom Paint.

The LSD prelude Trans has short gears because it was made for the H22, I would say your fine with a rebuild as long as you get quality work. 9/10 you get what you pay for. If getting a better Trans is all your after I say your best bet is an H23 Trans. Just my 2cents
    I wake up in the morning and piss excellence!

Comment

H22 or h23 transmission if you want to be faster. I found my last h23 tranny for pretty cheap, and my obx LSD has seen over 600whp and holding up fine. My diff is also from like 2005 so I can't say if the quality has changed since then.

Comment

Since your have a turbo the best transmission choice would probably be a transmission from an f22a, as the longer gears will help keep you in boost longer.
        PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

An auto JDM MP1A w/ LSD would be a great match. Short gear ratios but you don't have to let off the gas to shift so you don't fall out of boost.

A manual to auto conversion is a very involved conversion though...
          Last edited by wildBill83; 07-25-2013, 01:30 PM.

Comment

I sent my transmission to have it rebuilt

I can have rebuilt kit from synchotech. they are 2 kits available (single cone 2nd or dual cone 2nd) but the sticker on my transmission is gone so i have no idea how to identify my transmission. the only thing i know about this transmission it's that it come from a cb7.

the rebuilt kits available for accord are the 3rd and 4th from the bottom of the page.
            http://shop.synchrotech-transmission...Series_c19.htm

is all cb7 using the same type of transmission (single cone 2nd or dual cone 2nd)?
            is it another way to identify the transmission to order the right rebuilt kit?
            My Ride

Jas Airbrush, Custom Paint.

Comment

Working...
            X