Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Turbo Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet your cold idle was like 2000rpm too wasn't it?
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

well, I think I need to bump the FIV up a little, I did have a vacuum leak, and I plugged it, and my idle dropped to 600rpm and then it would stall. So I took a vacuum line off to let it breathe some, that bumped the idle up to 1200. But i do need to adjust the FIV. Might try to do it this weekend. But the car is actually running normal now, and has some power, still a lot more there in the tuning.
      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

question, I am going to install the wideband today, all I need to know is what pin # is the narrowband on the ecu. I have the zeitronix kit, and I need to add the wire that simulates the narrow band.
        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

d14

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

well, I started the tuning adventures tonight. I am running Iamanonymous' old 1.66 map. The cruising a/f's are actually perfect(anywhere from 14:1-15:1), WOT is too rich, it's about 10:1-10.6:1. I leaned it out about to around 11:1-12.5:1 in 2nd gear. So 3rd/4th should be a little richer. I can feel the timing lagging, but that's something I only want to mess with on a dyno. And to make things really hard when tuning, I have a boost gauge, but I don't have a boost sensor for the zeitronix kit. So tuning right now is pretty hard, I have one guy in the passenger seat looking at the boost gauge, I look at the rpms, and another guy rights down the boost at what rpms. Fun stuff. I think my cyclinders are flooded now because the car won't crank even on the original map I ran for about 4 weeks.

The other day I met up with adam(h23accord), and we took a ride. I was telling him about my high idle, and he told me to screw the idle screw(go figure). Well I have been hitting around 6 psi all this time, and I couldn't figure out why. But I opened the idle screw up a little, got a little lower idle, and took it for a ride. 10 PSI!. oops... Closed the idle a little bit. I am hitting about 7-8.5 psi now. Man this things pulls real hard now. And I raced a BMW m3 the other day at 6psi, I lost by a car length 1/2 through 3rd. The guy was quite impressed with a stock accord with only a front mount intercooler showing to hang with him. I want a rematch now at 8 psi!
            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
              well, I started the tuning adventures tonight. I am running Iamanonymous' old 1.66 map. The cruising a/f's are actually perfect(anywhere from 14:1-15:1), WOT is too rich, it's about 10:1-10.6:1. I leaned it out about to around 11:1-12.5:1 in 2nd gear. So 3rd/4th should be a little richer. I can feel the timing lagging, but that's something I only want to mess with on a dyno. And to make things really hard when tuning, I have a boost gauge, but I don't have a boost sensor for the zeitronix kit. So tuning right now is pretty hard, I have one guy in the passenger seat looking at the boost gauge, I look at the rpms, and another guy rights down the boost at what rpms. Fun stuff. I think my cyclinders are flooded now because the car won't crank even on the original map I ran for about 4 weeks.

The other day I met up with adam(h23accord), and we took a ride. I was telling him about my high idle, and he told me to screw the idle screw(go figure). Well I have been hitting around 6 psi all this time, and I couldn't figure out why. But I opened the idle screw up a little, got a little lower idle, and took it for a ride. 10 PSI!. oops... Closed the idle a little bit. I am hitting about 7-8.5 psi now. Man this things pulls real hard now. And I raced a BMW m3 the other day at 6psi, I lost by a car length 1/2 through 3rd. The guy was quite impressed with a stock accord with only a front mount intercooler showing to hang with him. I want a rematch now at 8 psi!
              glad to hear it!
              I hate thieves!

Comment

Awesome! Glad to hear that you worked out some of the problems you were telling me about when we met up. Sounds like it is time for another ride with the increased psi!
                "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

so what your saying is that we have a stock boost controller?

Comment

^ haha, yeah. its wierd, but it works. Did some more WOT tuning tonight, got everything about 11.5-12.3:1. One little dead spot that stays at 10.6:1, I'm working on that.
                    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Working...
                    X