Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

The "N"tercooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol ghetto! yah but if u relly look into it, all the other foogers they sell are made out of the exact same thing. and the snake design might not look cool like the oval but it covers alot more area. it carazy tho casue shops around me were wanting like 100 bux for a pipe like this one bent.

nov. 18th is dyno day. i will do a base line run then one with the ntercooler on to freeze the fmic and run the car with the nos running to. well see how much gain i pick up.

Comment

It rocks I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Backfire32
        lol ghetto! yah but if u relly look into it, all the other foogers they sell are made out of the exact same thing. and the snake design might not look cool like the oval but it covers alot more area. it carazy tho casue shops around me were wanting like 100 bux for a pipe like this one bent.

nov. 18th is dyno day. i will do a base line run then one with the ntercooler on to freeze the fmic and run the car with the nos running to. well see how much gain i pick up.
        Well yeah I was just saying cuz the snake design is different and with the zip ties or whatever. I like the oval one more, but for DIY it looks pretty good. Let us know what happens on the 18th.

Comment

Better surface area...and the 500 dollar kit also is held with zipties...go figure.

Comment

yah wirer ties make since tho to. i was thinking on using metal wire so it would look real clean, but then i thougt about how the metal on metal would casue friction and cause wear on the fmic so i went with wire ties. Who cares about looks anyways, performance is all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Backfire32
              yah wirer ties make since tho to. i was thinking on using metal wire so it would look real clean, but then i thougt about how the metal on metal would casue friction and cause wear on the fmic so i went with wire ties. Who cares about looks anyways, performance is all that matters.
              Backfire, you are one of my rare kind of people. I mean a nice looking car is ok, but who gives a damn. Perfomance matters!!!! Screw showcars and nice paint. Maaco baby!!! Save that cash for earth shattering HP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                Backfire, you are one of my rare kind of people. I mean a nice looking car is ok, but who gives a damn. Perfomance matters!!!! Screw showcars and nice paint. Maaco baby!!! Save that cash for earth shattering HP!!!
                LOL!! Guess where i got my shit painted rofl!

Comment

Dont know if someone already mentioned this, but Mopar has the same thing in there stage 2 kit for the srt4. I'm not sure if it uses water or co2 though.

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                    Better surface area...and the 500 dollar kit also is held with zipties...go figure.
                    Hmmm ... learn something new everyday. I'm all about performance too, but I wouldn't totally blow off having something look nice. I'm going with a cheap paint job this winter too lol...

Comment

very interesting... about the liquid nitrogen i wouldnt go there. If anyone knows anything about computers this guy made a watercooling system but used liquid nitrogen and his cpu got so cold that it cracked clear in half. Too cold for an ic most likely
                      DIY antenna control
                      DIY ghetto short ram
                      Battery Relocation

New Project
                      1984 BMW 533i =DEAD

Comment

Originally posted by MRKIKKOMAN
                        very interesting... about the liquid nitrogen i wouldnt go there. If anyone knows anything about computers this guy made a watercooling system but used liquid nitrogen and his cpu got so cold that it cracked clear in half. Too cold for an ic most likely
                        Its been tested and proven to be safe up to and not limited to a 75 shot...

Comment

I work with it all the time so I know a little about liquid nitrogen. I've heard of people doing that with cpu's before, but they are made out of way different materials. When you use it for them the cpu is being stressed anyway because it's being overclocked which is generating a lot of heat. On an intercooler it's only used for short periods of time anyway. Whenever it gets the material cold it is brittle only temporarily, and then it will return to it's normal state. If something hit it while it was super cold then it could mess it up, but otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

Plus, we're not freezing electronics here, well there is the solenoid, but still.... you want that air as dense as possible with a turbo, so its def the way to go. My boy at school has a supra with that, he said it gained an easy 50 hp with just nitrous, and i think that is like -190F, colder the better!

Comment

So backfire did you ever get it dynoed??

Comment

no not yet ran into a little coolant trouble for a few days which happend to be on the dyno day. now im just worring about finals instead of the car right now. will try to get one before the meet at tods tho.

Comment

Working...
                                X