Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

4g63T vs. f22a, 16g vs. 14b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
    It is lower. More than a point lower I think (like 7.6:1 to our 8.8:1). I'm sure that on top of that though they have better designed heads to control hotspots that cause pre-ignition & detonation though. If I were to go turbo, rather than spend extra on a bigger turbo, I'd def. get a turbo cam, get the valves and head redone to keep the chamber cool (do we have sodium valves???), and port the head. Headwork >>> more boost by all means; w/a cam and porting I don't think 20-30HP and a LOT more life out of the engine would be possible...
    My base philosophy... HEADWORK MAKES THE TURBO SETUP WHAT IT IS...

Comment

1st gen 4G63 have 7.8:1 compression
      2nd gen's have 8.5:1 compression
      F22's have 8.8:1 compression

just a couple of facts cause i don't feel like putting in any real input lol.

Also you can't take the stock Flywheel numbers for the dsm's and compare it to WHP of f22's with dsm turbo's
      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
        1st gen 4G63 have 7.8:1 compression
        2nd gen's have 8.5:1 compression
        F22's have 8.8:1 compression

just a couple of facts cause i don't feel like putting in any real input lol.

Also you can't take the stock Flywheel numbers for the dsm's and compare it to WHP of f22's with dsm turbo's
        That DSM info actually explains a whole lot about... as to the 14b on the 1g and T25 on the 2g. And thats true on the last quote that appeared out of nowhere...

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
          And thats true on the last quote that appeared out of nowhere...
          came from this statement

>>>>
          Originally posted by flacopower
          it takes 14psi stock on a pos t25 to push 205hp and 210ft/lbs on a 2nd gen... and we have 9:0:1 compression i believe..

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
            came from this statement

>>>>
            Not what i meant...saw your original post... The one without this....

Originally posted by MRX

Comment

ah, u speak of my jdm editing skills

Comment

didnt read the whole thread but since i have/had both here goes....

the block in a 4g63 is iron.... 2g dsm have t25 (weak turbos, specially at high boost)

stock 1g has 14b and sometimes 16g.
                a 14b can put a 1g at 18-20psi into the 13's (low 13's dont believe me check out dsmtuner.com). i seen a go stock 14b dsm 1g at 20-22 psi killing corvette's. now u also have to take into factor if the cars AWD.... some are FWD, some are AWD (thats if u want to compare times at the track)
                as for the motors.......

u cant compare a weak turbo to a fairly nicely powered turbo..... who here would put a t25 on there cb7 vs. a 14b or 16g? no a lot.....cause there weak. dont know why they thru them on the 2g dsm's but manufactures do things like that

and yeah the blocks are good for 400-mid 400 easily, with proper Tur. and supporting mods.

but i cant really give u all a what i like better veiw yet..........
                i brought my dsm with a shot motor (couldnt beat 600bux for a 92 tsi with 80k miles on the body...lol.... damn i miss my project cb7....lol)

but i will give u all some insight once i get her working.

also the motor size is 2.0, not 1.8...... 1.8 is N/A 4g63
                NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

also the motor size is 2.0, not 1.8...... 1.8 is N/A 4g63[/QUOTE]

The 1.8 is the 4g92 I've owned two of those beast in my life. 90 HP baby! Booya.

the 2.0 is just the regular 4g63 No T at the end. This helps for deciphering the engine codes of mitsubishi.

The number and lettering system of Mitsubishi engines can be a little confusing, so here is how to decipher them:

Numerical Prefix -

4 = four cylinder

6 = six cylinder

Numerical Suffix -

12 = 2.0 litre

13 = 2.5 litre

36 = 2.0 litre

54 = 2.6 litre

61 = 1.6 litre

62 = 1.85 litre

63 = 2.0 litre

64 = 2.4 litre

72 = 3.0 litre

73 = 2.5 litre

74 = 3.5 litre

91 = 1.5 litre

92 = 1.6 litre

93 = 1.8 litre

I guess the final thing that we have to add into this whole little thing is that the 1g DSM's and 2g DSM's run close to 1k more weight than the sedan cb7's, and you all know what weight does to your times. In the end I think we're comparing apples and oranges here.
                  Last edited by 91accordwagon; 11-08-2005, 05:06 PM.

Comment

1,000 lbs more??? so my car weighs 3,800lbs? and as for the statment as to why mitsubishi put the t25: why the fuck is my BOV plastic???? to cut costs...

Comment

The no turbo eclipse motor is actually the 420A

Comment

http://www.nippon-motors.com/mitsubishi.htm

check out the link.....

plus i have one sitting outside in my 1g right now.... i see it every day.

4g63t 2.0

theres other models some not ending with 63, like there was a mirage turbo motor, its a 1.8 i think its 4g62 or something, but i seen it being sold at a junk yard. wouldnt working in my car because it doenst have enuff torque to pull my heavy ass car....lol
                        NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

thats part of it.....theres so many dsm motors........(for those that dont know talon and eclipse basically have the same motors depending on the model)

1g's 88-9o somthing are 4g63 and 4g63t.... some 2.0 some 1.8

420a are in the newer (not new new) eclispe, like the one in 2fast 2 furious....

theres the 6bolt, the 7bolt and the 420a's
                          NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

o yeah one more thing.....

For extra info............

its not wise to take a 4g63 N/A motor and make it turbo..... u can do this but thinking u can do the same thing as if it was a 4g63t isnt smart. the internals used it the N/A 4g63 motor arent as strong as the t-version, and cant handle as much boost. a lot of people try this and blow there motors trying to turn up the boost like in normal t-versions. this is one reason why im being patient and saving up the cake for a 4g63t and not just getting the 4g63 for 300-500bux and slapping my turbo parts on it.

just a lil more info for ya........

also here u go.....

There were four models of the Talon/Laser:

base DL/standard Hatchback
                            ES/RS
                            TSi/RS Turbo
                            TSi AWD/RS Turbo AWD
                            The base model was front wheel drive and home to a low-power 1.8 L engine. The RS model sported a naturally aspirated 2.0 L Mitsubishi 4G63 engine. The TSi/RS Turbo and AWD (all wheel drive) models were powered by the same engine, with the addition of a turbocharger to boost performance significantly. Note that the RS Turbo AWD Laser was not available until the 1992 model year.

-----------------------------

the DL model (for the talon) had a 1.8 in it.
                            those ubove are the talon models.......

eclispe are: gs
                            gs-t (FWD)
                            gsx AWD)
                            sont know if there are any more models (dont know the models of the newer ones) but depending of the years they either came with the t25 or 14b (some 13b) and if u got lucky a 16g
                            Last edited by theone; 11-08-2005, 07:25 PM.
                            NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

thanks for clarification, i do believe there is an eclipse rs (really slow) i think the 1.8 engine is in that

Comment

Originally posted by theone
                                eclispe are: gs
                                gs-t (FWD)
                                gsx AWD)
                                gs spyder/ gst spyder... and to the best of my knowledge NO eclipse came with a 16g only evos... i want proof that an eclipse came with a 16g because i have NEVER heard of this..

Comment

Working...
                                X