Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

How much boost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so not a fan of block filling. Creates poor cooling conditions, which can cause your internals to melt. Poor mans solution to resleeving, however...can cause one to need a new F22.

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
      I am so not a fan of block filling. Creates poor cooling conditions, which can cause your internals to melt. Poor mans solution to resleeving, however...can cause one to need a new F22.

thats why u drill holes after the filling has dried. and you dont fill all the way to the top, about 3/4 only, then drill as deep as u can, in even interval spacing.

works, up to a certain point, thats why its a poor mans way of resleeving.

-Jose

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
        thats why u drill holes after the filling has dried. and you dont fill all the way to the top, about 3/4 only, then drill as deep as u can, in even interval spacing.

works, up to a certain point, thats why its a poor mans way of resleeving.

-Jose
        So then you know where I am coming from with my logic. Resleeving = peace of mind.

Comment

From the massive amounts of reading I've been doing, I've learned some things...

-AFCs= teh lose...you're probably just as well off not tuning at all...it's using your stockish maps anyway...you have no excuse for paying to run an AFC, when with a laptop you can Uberdata or Crome it up damn near for free...if you buy and AFC and skip buying a wideband O2 sensor, "I feew sowwy fuuh yuuuh mudda"[/store owner from Menace]

-Tuning= insurance for your motor, not a means of making power. The easiest way to make power would be to just run the straight 14.7:1 AF ratio...but detonation is a mofo. I think a flat AF curve and proper ignition timing= teh win for smooth power delivery, maximum SAFE power and insurance against blowing stuff up...

-14bs and T25s= just not meant for our motors...the 4G63 blocks are built to run higher temperatures and pressures made by the somewhat inferior turbos. When it comes to boosting, it's really best to do it right the first time....T3/T4s aren't THAT expensive, and they make DSM manifolds for them for not too much bread...again, when it comes to going turbo, cheaping out could really cost you, like, big time.

- Your engine's only as strong as its weakest link...I've never heard of anyone blocking a rod through an F block or anything ludicrous like that...but those damn ringlands. I imagine them being like ashes. Imagine pressed up coal being the only thing holding your compression in, and you can see how a cool, smooth (not in the Joe Cool sense, I'm talking delivery/temperature) tune is so vital to engine life...

- Again, a turbo will make significant power over stock. Tuning is done to ensure that that additional power will not blow your engine up. Read up, save up, and do it right the first time. I am. Happy boosting!

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

you've come along way from a few weeks ago man!! *tear* lol. but umm, imo 14.7 a/f r's are a little too lean, try adding a little more fuel.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
              you've come along way from a few weeks ago man!! *tear* lol. but umm, imo 14.7 a/f r's are a little too lean, try adding a little more fuel.
              yea....I think you can do high 13's if you like taking risk. Most find 12.1-12.3 a safe zone to dial into...
              My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

I meant in an ideal world...in vacuum (i.e. off boost, cruusin baybaaay) people actually run a little lean...remeber, off boost your engine is N/A with a shitty intake and exhaust...but as you lean harder into the throttle and the turbo begins to boost, you want to get a little rich with the fuel. If not for detonation though you'd definitely run a clear 14.7 across the board though...but in real life I've seen maps go as far low as 10-11:1 with the fuel, which is necessary I'm guessing the extra atomized fuel cools and quells any potential detonation...

And yeah, I'm a fast reader/learner, especially when I actually care about something...

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I run 14-15 a/fs in vac, 12.5 a/fs all through boost. Even NA cars run rich when flooring it, around 12-13 a/fs
                  Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                    I meant in an ideal world...in vacuum (i.e. off boost, cruusin baybaaay) people actually run a little lean...remeber, off boost your engine is N/A with a shitty intake and exhaust...but as you lean harder into the throttle and the turbo begins to boost, you want to get a little rich with the fuel. If not for detonation though you'd definitely run a clear 14.7 across the board though...but in real life I've seen maps go as far low as 10-11:1 with the fuel, which is necessary I'm guessing the extra atomized fuel cools and quells any potential detonation...

And yeah, I'm a fast reader/learner, especially when I actually care about something...

u understand the difference...:tear:
                    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Working...
                    X