Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Top 20 most powerful turbo setups on the board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will put me down for 423 hp and 390 torque. My best pull was a 429 with 398 but we decided to back off a bit because of ign. break up. Gonna get that cleared up and then raise the boost. Oh yeah its a built H23 with a DSM style setup running 16psi.

Comment

Originally posted by judonoh View Post
      will put me down for 423 hp and 390 torque. My best pull was a 429 with 398 but we decided to back off a bit because of ign. break up. Gonna get that cleared up and then raise the boost. Oh yeah its a built H23 with a DSM style setup running 16psi.
      what are your plugs gapped at?

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
      member ride thread
      11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
      People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
      I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
      John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

less than 30, think 28. We pulled them out and had to adj. them but still had the same issue. Gotta get a cap and rotor.

Comment

less than 30, think 28. We pulled them out and had to adj. them but still had the same issue. Gotta get a cap and rotor.
          holy shiet son, congrats on hitting the 400whp mark. try gapping ur plugs to .022-.024

Comment

Im gonna be on this list in 2 years mark my words

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
            And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
            Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

Originally posted by gdout90accord View Post
              holy shiet son, congrats on hitting the 400whp mark. try gapping ur plugs to .022-.024
              try gapping @.018-.020 should clear up you also might want to upgrade your coil i was breaking up bad now i have a MSD problem solved i also gap at .018 run 8s also

Comment

already running MSD with a Blaster2 coil. I dont have the MSD cap or rotor so I will be getting those. I will also try changing the gap and running a step colder (at 7 now). Thanks for the encouragement,going to see where this DSM setup takes me.

Comment

already running MSD with a Blaster2 coil. I dont have the MSD cap or rotor so I will be getting those. I will also try changing the gap and running a step colder (at 7 now). Thanks for the encouragement,going to see where this DSM setup takes me.

You in no way need colder than 7s for less than 500-550WHP man... What MSD box? Anything less than a 7AL2 is garbage. I made over 600WHP on a COMPLETELY stock OEM JDM dizzy on My H when I first put it together. 629 to be exact, but CROME did NOT like the non resistor plugs, and the only way to get NGK resistoir plugs in 8s are the Irridiums... I made the switch and had no other problems...

Thats ASSUMING your wiring is solid.

Slam em down to .019. On 7s that should be good for 500 PLUS... Dont go to 8s unless youre planning on going over 500-550... SOunds like you have another issue... WHAT EMS and are you running NON resuistor plugs??? Ive seen that do it not only on my car buit numerous others...

LMK.
                  750 WHP/575 TQ CD5 Raping a street near you....
                  realHomeMadeTurbo.com / Kaizenspeed.com / LSD Motorsports / Tempest Racing /SpeedFactory /ExplicitSpeedPerformance

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw

Comment

Wastegate broke, company is sending a new one. Cant do anything till that gets here then I will try the suggestions.

I am running a MSD 6A with a Blaster2 coil. She is working fine so I am not sure what the issue is. Would like to change to a c.o.p. setup but I dont see that happening ever. Using a P28 w/S300 if that makes a difference.

Comment

Wastegate broke, company is sending a new one. Cant do anything till that gets here then I will try the suggestions.

I am running a MSD 6A with a Blaster2 coil. She is working fine so I am not sure what the issue is. Would like to change to a c.o.p. setup but I dont see that happening ever. Using a P28 w/S300 if that makes a difference.
                      COP is cool and all, but thats about it. You definately dont need it. Try a STOCK dizzy/coil. OEM offerings are good to 600WHP... If it replicates wigth a known good distributor/coil setup, you have another issue... If it doesnt... The MSD 6 is suspect. Seen it more than once man. Box works, but not right, other than that Like I said check your wiring.... Make SURE that the grounds that go to the back of the motor from the ECU (there will be 4 into one ring that gets grounded on the rear of the intake, or the Therm housing).... Ive seen loose ground at that point casue issues too....

Ive gone nuts tracking shit like this down on a few cars.... TWICE it was a bad 6 box. Other times non resistor plugs not playing nice with RF tweaking out the EMS... Crome and S300 specifically... This was while running 8 range plugs (the R5724-8s) put in resisor plugs and all was golden....

OEM dizzy/coil will make 6 no problemas long as the hardware is in good shape, I made 620 on a bone stock JDM dizzy off of a crate motor on my built setup (before puting the 7 AL2 in it).... I didnt even change the cap nor the rotor LOL.

I dont believe you can run COP with the 300 anyways.... SO you never answered the question regarding the plugs though???

WHat U runnin

NINJA EDIT: Are you running an entire DSM setup (as in OEM style manifold as well)???
                      Last edited by Supergenius; 12-23-2009, 09:11 PM.
                      realHomeMadeTurbo.com / Kaizenspeed.com / LSD Motorsports / Tempest Racing /SpeedFactory /ExplicitSpeedPerformance

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

Comment

c.o.p. is totally unnecessary IMO for a car running on the street. People dont put enough trust in their factory ignition systems. The stock system with good NGK wires and plugs can support well over 650hp.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                        member ride thread
                        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Judonoh plans to do more with his car than "street" it even though he does drive it around. But knowing Justin he always has something up his sleeve.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I have ZFR7F-11 in there for now. And yes it is a complete DSM style setup.
                            Yeah I know that the cop setup is overkill but I tend to do that. As for now I will see about bypassing the MSD.
                            Last edited by judonoh; 12-24-2009, 02:58 AM.

Comment

I have ZFR7F-11 in there for now. And yes it is a complete DSM style setup.
                              Yeah I know that the cop setup is overkill but I tend to do that. As for now I will see about bypassing the MSD.

OK they are resistor so thats taken care of... Ya, look at trying it without the box... Those DSM manifolds can cause alot of baclpressure that can cause issues too

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

Comment

im still running oem dizzy just with external msd coil it cured all my break up issues....the jdm dizzy with internal coil was getting too hot causing mad break up

Comment

Working...
                                X