Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

looking to make 200 whp with h22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reklipz View Post
    Sorry to interrupt, but FRM == fiber reinforced metal, correct? The H22A block is FRM? Are the F22A blocks as well?
    F22 is iron walled.

Comment

And decked!

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
        F22 is iron walled.
        But FRM is stronger than iron? Meaning the H22A is more suitable for upgrade than the F22A?

Originally posted by cb7_with_snail View Post
        And decked!
        A quick search says "decking" means to re-square the tops of the cylinders. The H22A is not square? Why is this worthy of sharing? I just assumed all blocks had the tops perpendicular to the cylinders.

Sorry to derail the thread!

Comment

But FRM is stronger than iron? Meaning the H22A is more suitable for upgrade than the F22A?

A quick search says "decking" means to re-square the tops of the cylinders. The H22A is not square? Why is this worthy of sharing? I just assumed all blocks had the tops perpendicular to the cylinders.

Yes and no, the iron block is easier to bore and the F22 is open deck where as early model H22 are FRM and closed deck. Either H22A1 or H22A are most desirable for boost applications because of the closed deck and DOHC VTEC. N/A applications open/closed deck doesn't really matter. The DOHC VTEC H22A4 is more suitable for easy N/A horse power the F22 is more suitable for easy boost.

This is covered in the swaps section.

EDIT: I can go into further detail because it is much deeper than what I just posted but most of the information is here on CB7Tuner.
          Last edited by wildBill83; 11-13-2012, 07:04 PM.

Comment

I like this kid

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

Also, if you guys are going to insult people for not searching, at least give them useful information. That way, when the next person searches, they're not going to find thread after thread of questions that have gotten nothing but "search!" responses. That helps no one.
              Ahh, what happened to the real deev?

Comment

The real deev has been saying that since 2003.

Comment

Working...
                X