Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

no more power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no more power

first thing first
    the setup:

H22A4(comp 200/195psi on cyl.)with the stack delete on the IM,
    EURO R TB,
    F22 injector(for now)
    CHIPPED P28
    H23A trans
    o2,fitv,knock sensor,crankshaft,egr,canister all delete

problem:
    so as seeing on my mrt i been busy working on my motor. now its just been tweaking and testing. anyways back to the point today i clean the ivac out due to bad idle so i fix the idle by cleaning out the ivac and adjusting the TB since the euro r tb dont have a idle screw. so went for a test drive while out on my test drive i wanted to see how the motor would run on top end so i punch it from 3rd gear at 75mph when I got to 5th gear I'm noticing that my car is not passing 110mph and it took awhile to get from 100 to 110mph. now i cant figure out why. shoot i tapped out my cluster(130++) with my f22 with bolt-ons so i'm like wtf is going on here

so if anyone has had this problem before or know what could be wrong and can help pin point the problem that sure would help me alot

Thank in advance
    Last edited by pupildel; 06-22-2013, 11:22 PM.

From what I understand the H22 transmission is not geared for top speed.
    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

The H22's transmission has short gears. The only detriment at high speed would be reaching the engine's redline.

My guess is the F22 injectors. They're far too small for an H22A, especially one with modifications done. Hopefully they haven't caused damage! Too-small injectors would eventually result in a lean condition when pushed to their limits... and that could easily destroy your entire engine.

Also, why the hell do you need to go over 100mph in your 20 year old car? Don't be stupid. Your family will miss you.

Comment

you need some injectors asap. those 240cc oem f22 injectors are maxed out with stock fuel pressure (43.5psi) at about 155whp. that is 100% duty cycle. i dont recommend pushing any injector past about 75-80%. id either get some stock h22 injectors or some rdx injectors.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Since you're already chipped I'd definitely go for RDX injectors. You can buy them new for under $200 and they have a MUCH better spray pattern that the old Honda injectors.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
            From what I understand the H22 transmission is not geared for top speed.
            oh shit i forgot to mention its a h23 trans not an h22

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            The H22's transmission has short gears. The only detriment at high speed would be reaching the engine's redline.

My guess is the F22 injectors. They're far too small for an H22A, especially one with modifications done. Hopefully they haven't caused damage! Too-small injectors would eventually result in a lean condition when pushed to their limits... and that could easily destroy your entire engine.

Also, why the hell do you need to go over 100mph in your 20 year old car? Don't be stupid. Your family will miss you.
            lmao i know i just wanted to find out the top speed that all i would miss my family too lol

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
            you need some injectors asap. those 240cc oem f22 injectors are maxed out with stock fuel pressure (43.5psi) at about 155whp. that is 100% duty cycle. i dont recommend pushing any injector past about 75-80%. id either get some stock h22 injectors or some rdx injectors.
            the swap was street tune and the tuner that did it made it so the F22 injector would spray more fuel to (i guess) even out the fuel/air ratio for this motor i got a set of h22 injectors but when i put them on it was spraying 10x more fuel and my cb would run so bad so had to take them off and put the f22 back on

Comment

Your tuner maxed out those F22 injectors, which was a really stupid thing to do. Put the H22 injectors back in and have it retuned... by someone else! That, or just pick up a P13 for the time being.

Comment

Your tuner maxed out those F22 injectors, which was a really stupid thing to do. Put the H22 injectors back in and have it retuned... by someone else! That, or just pick up a P13 for the time being.
                for real bro who ever did it was stupid af

Comment

Was it tuned before you got it?

Comment

Drop in the H22 injectors and get another tune....from someone who knows what they are doing.

No respectable tuner would max out a low flowing injector to make an engine run. He should have told you to get H22 injectors or larger before he tuned it.

As far as dropping in the H22 injectors with a maxed out F22 fuel map. That will not run very well, if at all. You are going from 240cc to 345/290cc and using larger injector pulse width duration. Way too much fuel. With the O2 sensor disabled. The ECU would not be able to compensate at all. No O2 sensor = no fuel trims.

That brings me to this question, Why is the O2 sensor deleted/closed loop disabled?
                    Last edited by GhostAccord; 06-23-2013, 01:36 PM.
                    MR Thread
                    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Was it tuned before you got it?
                      yea it was street tune before i got the swap and chipped ecu

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                      Drop in the H22 injectors and get another tune....from someone who knows what they are doing.

No respectable tuner would max out a low flowing injector to make an engine run. He should have told you to get H22 injectors or larger before he tuned it.

As far as dropping in the H22 injectors with a maxed out F22 fuel map. That will not run very well, if at all. You are going from 240cc to 345/290cc and using larger injector pulse width duration. Way too much fuel. With the O2 sensor disabled. The ECU would not be able to compensate at all. No O2 sensor = no fuel trims.

That brings me to this question, Why is the O2 sensor deleted/closed loop disabled?
                      idk why when i got the swap and ecu o2 was already deleted

Comment

Man, I hope you got that thing dirt cheap! That's why I don't trust anyone else's project. You never know what sort of dumbass things they might have done.

Comment

Man, I hope you got that thing dirt cheap! That's why I don't trust anyone else's project. You never know what sort of dumbass things they might have done.
                          oh you bet 500 for a complete swap and ecu and 5spd conversion also full swap..i mean the motor is healthy run good just the tune what mess it up

Comment

I'm amazed it's run for so long without sustaining major damage on those maxed out injectors, especially if you've been pushing it to redline. $500 is a good price for everything, but holy crap man... that could've been a $500 paperweight a week after you installed it!

Comment

I'm amazed it's run for so long without sustaining major damage on those maxed out injectors, especially if you've been pushing it to redline. $500 is a good price for everything, but holy crap man... that could've been a $500 paperweight a week after you installed it!
                              i know i was glad when i saw 200/195psi on cyls

Comment

Working...
                              X