Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Oem Clutch + Light Flywheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oem Clutch + Light Flywheel

I am eventually going to do an H23 swap and it has been recommended to get a new clutch assembly. I would like to get a light weight flywheel with a brand new OEM clutch, probably Prelude assembly. The build plans for the H23 are basic I/H/E for awhile. Will the clutch setup work reliably enough for at least 5 years of somewhat aggressive launches? If you need to know why I want OEM, cost and stick to OEM if possible.
    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Any launching is aggressive. There isn't a launch that's easy on the clutch. If you're going to be doing any drag racing at the track I'd look into an upgraded Exedy. If you're launching on the street, stop driving like a jackass. If you don't really mean launching and more of a spirited driving style then you'll be okay with the Exedy clutch kit for the H22A Prelude.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Well Autocross mainly is where the aggression is and I guess spirited is a good way to describe my street driving. The question I have is will the Exedy be good for daily driving in traffic after some learning or will it always be jumpy when starting to move?
      Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

The Exedy just grabs with more pressure than a stock clutch. It has a higher clamping force.

The thing you will notice most is the lightweight flywheel, IMO.

Comment

you dont launch hard in auto-x...usually the first lap doesnt even count. i launched mine with a stock exedy and it doesnt do bad with an open diff but i wouldnt bring it to the drag strip...
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Got a stage 2 Comp Clutch that I drive every day with. I can tell a difference between it and the stock, but not so much as to where it affects my driving, just grabs a little quicker.

If at first you don't suceed, then skydiving is not for you.

I try not to down talk anyone, when I read my old questions I realize I was an idiot too.

Comment

I have an ACT StreetLite flywheel with an OEM replacement Exedy clutch on my H22. No problems at all. Drives nice and grabs just fine.
              Originally posted by Junior Smurff
              Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

IM with the rest of the group. I used an act lightweight flywheel and exedy stage 1 clutch and it felt great. The flywheel is where it counts cause you will have quicker throttle response. Grabbed great and was easily streetable. But by no means would I drag or launch it at every stop light lol just be reasonable.
                I wake up in the morning and piss excellence!

Comment

yea right now i have a fidanza 8lb flywheel with brand new friction plate with an oem exedy clutch on my h22 cb and so far so good im still getting use to it. since i use to have a xtd s1 and before that a ACT heavy duty pressure plate 6 puck clutch lol same flywheel so far so good im still in the breaking period so haven't lunched it well i have once or twice lol

Comment

i have a stage 4 comp clutch, you bearly let go of the clutch pedal and your off! better has strong calves lol and i have the bisi lightweight flywheel

Comment

HomeAutomatics
                      OEM ClutchRace Clutch
                      CatalogsTech Info
                      Tech VideosNews
                      Dealer LocatorContact EXEDY Sports Clutch | Street - Drag - Rally - Circuit EXEDY Stage 1 performance clutch kit
                      Ultra-Fiber Organic Disc

EXEDY Exclusive Friction Composition
                      High Heat resins bond friction fibers
                      Unlike competitors, EXEDY friction material
                      has no need for steel backing to pass SFI burst test
                      Maintains drivability of an OE-style disc
                      Heavy Duty oil-quench hardened damper
                      Heavy Duty rivets retain clutch material

High Performance Cover

Average of 40% increase in clamp load
                      Extra capacity holds common street car upgrades
                      Ductile iron pressure plate provides high strength,
                      anti-burst protection in all temperature ranges
                      Stamped steel cover designed to reduce deflection

Stage 1 EXEDY clutches and chromoly flywheels are SFI Foundation approved APPROVED
                      Street Performance
                      EXEDY Ultra Fiber Clutch Disc
                      "EXEDY" and the Exedy Logo are Registered Trademarks (United States Patent & TradeMark Office No. 76482354)

© Copyright 2013 EXEDY Globalparts Corporation (EGP) ALL Rights Reserved.

Spec 1.1 Replacement Flywheels and Clutch Assemblies
                      Spec 1.2 Multiple Disc Clutch Assemblies
                      Spec 1.5 Multiple Disc Clutch Assemblies for Supercharged, Nitrous-Oxide Injected, and Turbocharged Vehicles
                      EXEDY organic racing clutches only use premium friction materials that are resistant to slippage and burst. Increased clamp loads give the necessary capacity to handle modified engines. This is the preferred clutch for street and light horsepower track use. Drivability is similar to the stock clutch. Pedal efforts will be slightly higher because of the higher clamp loads. All of our Stage 1 clutch discs have spring center dampers to reduce drivetrain shock.
                      Exedy stage 1 will be just right and hold up better due to the higher temps that come with any type of competitive driving.
                      WWW.JDMCONCEPTS.COM
                      Keep .It. Simple. Stupid =K.I.S.S

Comment

Working...
                      X