Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Bisimoto Built Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought you already ordered it.

If so, I would buy an F23A1 bottom end and swap K20A2/K20Z3 PRB pistons into it. That will give you the compression you'll want and need for the cam. The 86mm bore of the F23A1 block will unshroud the valves enough for clearance while at the same time giving you a bit more displacement. It's advantageous to boring out your current block and probably around the same price.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
      I thought you already ordered it.

If so, I would buy an F23A1 bottom end and swap K20A2/K20Z3 PRB pistons into it. That will give you the compression you'll want and need for the cam. The 86mm bore of the F23A1 block will unshroud the valves enough for clearance while at the same time giving you a bit more displacement. It's advantageous to boring out your current block and probably around the same price.
      It's in my shopping cart, was paying Friday when I got paid. BUT you guys are making me seriously look into other options because I don't want to waste money for nothing. Glad I posted this before payment was made because I would hate to be out $1000+ for nothing.
      I wake up in the morning and piss excellence!

Comment

i promise you bro, ive done this a few times. find a local machine shop you can trust. port the exhaust side and leave the intake alone. get a mild camshaft, ie bisi level 2 or delta 272. i personally like the bisi level 2+. a good intake manifold setup, like f22a6 runners with h22/h23 upper with ported and modified runners with a tapered s2000/itr/h23 vtec throttle body. a good header if you're broke a modified 4-2-1 header. a 2.5" exhaust and some good engine management and some sort of fuel upgrade. here is what i would do, save another $500. for $1500 id go this route

3" blox velocity stack $35
        3" ebay intake $40
        s2k throttle body $75
        bored and taper tb maxbore $110
        f22a6 runners/h23 plenum $60
        bisimoto cam/valvesprings $600
        megan racing h23 header $160
        vibrant 2.5" 2-1 collector + welding $125
        k-tuned rdx injectors with hats & clips $260

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
          i promise you bro, ive done this a few times. find a local machine shop you can trust. port the exhaust side and leave the intake alone. get a mild camshaft, ie bisi level 2 or delta 272. i personally like the bisi level 2+. a good intake manifold setup, like f22a6 runners with h22/h23 upper with ported and modified runners with a tapered s2000/itr/h23 vtec throttle body. a good header if you're broke a modified 4-2-1 header. a 2.5" exhaust and some good engine management and some sort of fuel upgrade. here is what i would do, save another $500. for $1500 id go this route

3" blox velocity stack $35
          3" ebay intake $40
          s2k throttle body $75
          bored and taper tb maxbore $110
          f22a6 runners/h23 plenum $60
          bisimoto cam/valvesprings $600
          megan racing h23 header $160
          vibrant 2.5" 2-1 collector + welding $125
          k-tuned rdx injectors with hats & clips $260
          I would go with a bisi header just to get it out of the way. But the rest sounds like a good setup. Never thought of an s2k tb and where would I source the rdx injectors?

Comment

Yeah I wouldn't put the money up front on a Bisi header. I would save that until everything else is purchased and installed. Then if you still have enough cash to get a tune and buy the header go for it. Don't leave yourself scratching for cash and going cheap on the EMS and tune. Without a good tune your parts aren't worth shyte!
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
              Yeah I wouldn't put the money up front on a Bisi header. I would save that until everything else is purchased and installed. Then if you still have enough cash to get a tune and buy the header go for it. Don't leave yourself scratching for cash and going cheap on the EMS and tune. Without a good tune your parts aren't worth shyte!
              I totally know what your saying. I don't have a problem stacking parts. Making $25 an hour and get required for overtime every day and weekend. I'm at work right now lol I usually clear 800-1000 a week so I won't cheap out on a tune. Just trying to get the most out of my money. I don't wanna spend 5k on the single slammer tho either. Just a mild build with good power.

Comment

What's wrong with the single slammer? With the proper cam, induction and exhaust system they can out pull a DOHC. Not too mention they have less moving parts to break and wear out.

I saw that you were balls out for the head parts. OS valves and all... If you really want some good flow from the head. Look into a 4 angle valve job over the stock 3 angle. A few hp can be picked up with a good valve job. Add a mild port job and you will be flowing more than enough for a stinky SOHC F street build.
                MR Thread
                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

What's wrong with the single slammer? With the proper cam, induction and exhaust system they can out pull a DOHC. Not too mention they have less moving parts to break and wear out.

I saw that you were balls out for the head parts. OS valves and all... If you really want some good flow from the head. Look into a 4 angle valve job over the stock 3 angle. A few hp can be picked up with a good valve job. Add a mild port job and you will be flowing more than enough for a stinky SOHC F street build.
                  Nothing I loveeee single cams. I just don't wanna do a complete build cause I wanna get a newer car so just a few thousand bucks and call it quits lol

Comment

Given your parts list at the beginning and the fact that you were buying everything from Bisimoto Engineering. I figured that you must have been looking at a $5K budget just for the head and bolt-ons...

Head
                    Cam - $270
                    Valves - $260
                    Springs & Ti Retainers - $370
                    Port Work & Valve job - $1050

Bolt-ons
                    Flywheel - $250.00
                    Clutch - $300-$350
                    Header - $650 - $1000 (That's with 37% off)
                    Cam Gear - $135
                    H23 IM - $60-100
                    Exhaust system - $150 - $500

That parts list alone was approx. $3800-$4k without shipping!

Don't forget to add in the machine work, gaskets and seals and tuning
                    $500 - $1000 (this is with you doing a lot of the instal work)

Only thing that you weren't replacing was the pitons and rods..... to me that is a complete waste of a $5k+ top end build. Might as well spend the extra $2k and do a complete build.

Now you only want to spend a few thousand. Expectations when a bit wild on this one that the start eh! lol it happens

Suggestion from someone who has owned a few cars. If you are looking to get a newer car and get rid of this one. Don't put a cent into modifying this one. Except for basic maintenance that is required to sell it. Focus on your goal of buying a new car, then modify that one when you get it. Unless you plan on keeping this for a track car or something.
                    Last edited by GhostAccord; 07-16-2013, 10:36 AM.
                    MR Thread
                    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Given your parts list at the beginning and the fact that you were buying everything from Bisimoto Engineering. I figured that you must have been looking at a $5K budget just for the head and bolt-ons...

Head
                      Cam - $270
                      Valves - $260
                      Springs & Ti Retainers - $370
                      Port Work & Valve job - $1050

Bolt-ons
                      Flywheel - $250.00
                      Clutch - $300-$350
                      Header - $650 - $1000 (That's with 37% off)
                      Cam Gear - $135
                      H23 IM - $60-100
                      Exhaust system - $150 - $500

That parts list alone was approx. $3800-$4k without shipping!

Don't forget to add in the machine work, gaskets and seals and tuning
                      $500 - $1000 (this is with you doing a lot of the instal work)

Only thing that you weren't replacing was the pitons and rods..... to me that is a complete waste of a $5k+ top end build. Might as well spend the extra $2k and do a complete build.

Now you only want to spend a few thousand. Expectations when a bit wild on this one that the start eh! lol it happens

Suggestion from someone who has owned a few cars. If you are looking to get a newer car and get rid of this one. Don't put a cent into modifying this one. Except for basic maintenance that is required to sell it. Focus on your goal of buying a new car, then modify that one when you get it. Unless you plan on keeping this for a track car or something.
                      Lol I don't wanna get rid of it, just have a mild build with decent power for fun. The newer car I will build slowly as well so I'm always gonna need a good backup car 8)
                      So what I'm seeing here is don't go so crazy on the build unless I'm going complete because it would be a waste to do just 1/2. On that note I guess I'll start small

Comment

Or pick up where someone else left off, check this for sale thread:
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=183645

^that is a nice head in there for $600 complete. Now that is a good starting point. The head is of a running motor, so you know as long as it is shipped right you can use it as is.
                        Last edited by wildBill83; 07-16-2013, 11:05 AM.

Comment

agreed. engine management is everything. going from crome to hondata s300 was the best investment ive made so far. you never really realize how crome is "just getting you by" until you switch. the engine can be tuned to a higher level because of better hardware and software.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                            Or pick up where someone else left off, check this for sale thread:
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=183645

^that is a nice head in there for $600 complete. Now that is a good starting point. The head is of a running motor, so you know as long as it is shipped right you can use it as is.
                            Not too bad at all. I'll have to contact him about it to see if it's still available. Bisimoto cam does it for me because I want to try and use the best parts I can

Comment

Originally posted by Dy2*STR33T-KING View Post
                              Bisimoto cam does it for me because I want to try and use the best parts I can
                              Bisi uses an outside source to grind his cams. IIRC it's Web cams inc. So they are only as good as the core you give them. They could probably grind you a custom grind for the same price Bisi is charging for one of his F22 shelf cam grinds. If you can find a brand new F22 cam shaft from Honda as a core. That would be the best part available, no matter who is grinding it.

I've been talking with Derek @ DDTEC for my next custom F22 cam. I have a brand new F22A6 camshaft here that I will be giving him. I like to support the guy who cares more about customer service and not so much his ego.

Too each his own...
                              MR Thread
                              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

im on board with that, i didnt even know you could get a brand new core. i have thought about a custom grind directly from web.

Comment

Working...
                                X