Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

build up of JDM F20B DOHC VTEC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

those new wheels look tons better than the old ones, when are you going to paint the rear bumper?

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185
      would still enjoy some impute on a good header.. thinking esp or camp1320, maybe bisimoto if he hustles up
      considering that nobody here is running an esp/camp1320/vibrant/etc on this site...that i know of at least. ur best bet is to surf around Honda-tech in the prelude section and see what they have to say....
      F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
      Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Originally posted by sublime
        those new wheels look tons better than the old ones, when are you going to paint the rear bumper?
        thanks, and im leaving them black, both the front and rear are now OEM black, ill try and get some updated pics up
        Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
        Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
        Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
        Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83
          considering that nobody here is running an esp/camp1320/vibrant/etc on this site...that i know of at least. ur best bet is to surf around Honda-tech in the prelude section and see what they have to say....
          ya its just opinions vary so much over there, and was hoping someone on this site had personal experience.. but thanks!

Comment

Personal experience on 5th gen preludes says Vibrant headers look good, make decent power, and fit well. They're also fairly readily available. SMSP headers make better power, look weirder, and cost more. There is also a waiting list, so if you can get one, you can say you've got something rare. Muegen ones are cooler since you can say you have muegen stuff on the car. It makes good power, but isn't worth the $1100+ it costs to get.

Comment

anyone know where I can find piston rings for the f20b motor?? the middle part # "pcb" sounds like an s2000 part # too. thanks.
              The beginning of a new era............................
              165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
              184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

im still looking too the only thing i can think of would be trying f22 piston rings, the s2000 ones are either bigger or smaller i cant remember

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                1992 Accord EX Coupe
                My FS Thread
                Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by jhondayaaj
                  anyone know where I can find piston rings for the f20b motor?? the middle part # "pcb" sounds like an s2000 part # too. thanks.
                  S2K middle code is "PCX" i tried PCB but there arent any available. gonna have to track down an overseas distributor. haha or actually know of a company that can get you a set.
                  F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                  Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

dang well people keep your eyes and ears open for aftermarkt internals for the f20b!! jaja

anyways with the help of juan (phatdonut) my throttle body and intake manifold are on..

Comment

sweet hows she sound now?

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                      My FS Thread
                      Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

well, I'm gonna get some f22 rings and see if that will work. since I already have the head off the block, I will be the ginuea pig of this project. still waiting for the engine holder only.
                        how can I tell if the f20b that I have is auto or not?? I only have the long block.

Comment

you can't really tell but if it came with a flexplate or a flywheel that pretty much how but also another way is if you go buy an h22 throttle body gasket and put it on the f20b throttle body it should be the same size, if its smaller youve got the auto
                          Last edited by almostJDM; 09-22-2007, 12:42 AM.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                          My FS Thread

Comment

Originally posted by jhondayaaj
                            well, I'm gonna get some f22 rings and see if that will work. since I already have the head off the block, I will be the ginuea pig of this project. still waiting for the engine holder only.
                            how can I tell if the f20b that I have is auto or not?? I only have the long block.
                            different stampings, but i can't remember which is which. it's somewhere on this site. the throttle body is smaller too. may see an empty bracket which would be the auto tranny cable bracket

Comment

actually, the motor that I got from this kid was from his del sol and he said that it was the 5 speed, he made sure it was from the bore of the t body. there is no flexplate or flywheel on it. and that guy gave me the h22 auto intake manifold so when I do my swap, I can still go auto. I just wanna be different, so the sir t is the 5 speed one that I got I assume??

Comment

If ur changing the rings... why not go with aftermarket pistons? The F20B doesn't have the lame azz FRM sleeves does it?

Originally posted by lordoja
                                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                                X