Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going even lower

Sup guys.

Im considering going even lower than how my car is.(I need to share pics as to what it looks like)

Right now its on GR-2 and Eibach i think proline.( drop is i think 1.2 all round.

The ride is comfortable and its a good feeling not having to really watch bumps or anything. But I am loving the even lowered look of some of the cars i see here. They looks really nice. I am also loving the comfy ride.

I am considering Eibach sportlines. Would I lose some teeth if i get the sportlines with the GR-2?

How about ease of sliding jacks underneath? Do you always have to pay close attn to potholes? How about going through car wash?

I am asking these questions because its my DD and im considering having this car for maybe another 2 years. But at the same time i would like to enjoy it.

Who knows I may even not sell it because its so clean as it is( no rust) and turn it into a project. new engine and all and keep it as a toy.

My car..

Only way to get a jack under it was to drive it onto boards.. then bricks.. then bricks with boards on them .. .then lift it onto the jack.

Drive tru car wash ? NOPE, not happening, same with thoe Jiffy Lube joints... there isnt a hope in hell my car would clear that little ledge aroubnd the "pit"

Potholes.. yeah.. just watch for those... NVM the suspention bottoming out... its the dubframe and oil pan I had to warch for.

Yes it was worth it.

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
    dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

mines not to bad .its about 3.25 in the front and 3.00 in the back.as for a jack i can use the factory jack or a low rise jack like the nascar ones.i can go through some car washes not all.pot holes are a must to dodge.

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by CBRIDE View Post
        Sup guys.

Im considering going even lower than how my car is.(I need to share pics as to what it looks like)

Right now its on GR-2 and Eibach i think proline.( drop is i think 1.2 all round.

The ride is comfortable and its a good feeling not having to really watch bumps or anything. But I am loving the even lowered look of some of the cars i see here. They looks really nice. I am also loving the comfy ride.

I am considering Eibach sportlines. Would I lose some teeth if i get the sportlines with the GR-2?

How about ease of sliding jacks underneath? Do you always have to pay close attn to potholes? How about going through car wash?

I am asking these questions because its my DD and im considering having this car for maybe another 2 years. But at the same time i would like to enjoy it.

Who knows I may even not sell it because its so clean as it is( no rust) and turn it into a project. new engine and all and keep it as a toy.

Lucky for you the Eibach prokits and Sportlines have the exact same spring rates, so the car will ride the exact same if you switch. You'll be lower though, so more susceptible to bottoming out, scraping, etc.
        There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CBRIDE View Post
          Sup guys.

my car is about 3.5 all around. is really not that bad. to jack the car i need two factory jacks or couple pieces of wood to get it up.

potholes pay close attention if you don't want to scrape your bottom.

car wash? wash it at home or look for a 100% hand car wash.

at first is kinda frustrating but then u get use to. IS FUN!
          Turbo F22 Under Construction

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
            Lucky for you the Eibach prokits and Sportlines have the exact same spring rates, so the car will ride the exact same if you switch. You'll be lower though, so more susceptible to bottoming out, scraping, etc.
            thanks. thats what i wanted to hear about the"ride" im not really looking for any awsome handling. just better looks.

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
              mines not to bad .its about 3.25 in the front and 3.00 in the back.as for a jack i can use the factory jack or a low rise jack like the nascar ones.i can go through some car washes not all.pot holes are a must to dodge.
              I dont think the sportlines is that low. maybe 1.75 to 2 inches.

Comment

I have sportlines and the ride is awesome, even on blown stocks =X. As for looks, you will be lower, but if your trying to close the wheel gap all the way around it's not gonna happen.

notice the gap... VVVV

edit: I guess the gap isn't really THAT bad. but in my mind, Wheel gap = INVALID, ERROR, YUCK, etc. idk, cars being dumped is something I've always been obsessed with since I was a kid. that's why the CB is lower now, but still not low enough...
                Last edited by Freshagen; 12-08-2009, 11:12 AM.
                Patiently Waiting.

MRT

Comment

Originally posted by AstroVannin View Post
                  My car..

Only way to get a jack under it was to drive it onto boards.. then bricks.. then bricks with boards on them .. .then lift it onto the jack.

Drive tru car wash ? NOPE, not happening, same with thoe Jiffy Lube joints... there isnt a hope in hell my car would clear that little ledge aroubnd the "pit"

Potholes.. yeah.. just watch for those... NVM the suspention bottoming out... its the dubframe and oil pan I had to warch for.

Yes it was worth it.
                  lmao....

im sitting somewhere between 4 and 5 inches right now. the ride isn't amazing but it's tolerable for me. Especially when i get faces from people when i spark a bit, or when they ask if im on bags and i say hell no....

but it's all personal preference. Not everyone could handle being careful on most roads. or even the ride. I know a few people that have tried and couldn't stand scraping or bottoming out the shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                    I know a few people that have tried and couldn't stand scraping or bottoming out the shocks.
                    Those people are pussies

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                    dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

Hey,

I had a 1" drop all around with 17" (205x40x17) and it was ok. I didn't like the look of it and so I went to a 2" drop (2.25" front / 2" rear) with new KYB GR2shocks. The feel and response was a big improvement, but i started to notice I hit off everything. (still using 205x40x17)

Speed bumps, steep driveways, and other bumps you need to look out for (mud flaps hit, or muffler/header pipe). My large jack won't fit under the car anymore unless I get someone to life up on the fenders or unless I use the OEM jack to jack it up a bit so I can fit the big jack under. Driving up on wooden blocks also work here.

Car washes, i won't even attempt as i'm afraid to get stuck in there :P

Comment

Originally posted by AstroVannin View Post
                        Those people are pussies
                        LOL true!!
                        Turbo F22 Under Construction

Comment

i would go no lower then 2" front or back. unless you buy adjustables...because as far as my experience goes..scrapage everywhere..not to mention having a car load of people will have it slammed enough
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167601 Click to see my new ride

Comment

slam it to the ground. it will look 10000000000x's better. ride wont b the greatest but u will get wat ur lookin for.

Comment

LOL no the slammed thing wont work in new york shitty i mean city.

I just want to get rid of some of the wheel gap while still have a some what comfy ride.

Comment

Working...
                              X