Announcement

Collapse

We're back, and better than ever!

Hey everyone. Weíre back!

We spent the last few weeks getting our software upgraded from 2005-spec vBulletin to this shiny, new version. For the first time in half your CB7ís life, CB7tuner.com is running up to date forum software! 😃
We sought to keep the same general feel, along with our beloved black and orange color scheme. You may see some things changing here and there as we make some aesthetic tweaks, but all should be running smoothly now.

In addition to looking all fancy, this new version should be extremely mobile friendly. Hopefully that will make it more enjoyable for those of you that do most of their browsing on their phone!

Pandemic and cp[mike] literally busted their asses over the last couple of weeks to make this new software a reality. Without them, this never would have happened.

So, welcome back!
Feel free to ask any questions, give us your observations, and offer suggestions (no promises on implementing anything, but who knows!) There's a post for discussion in the Beginner OT section of the site.
Also, if you experience any weird errors, please let us know ASAP. We tested everything pretty thoroughly, but Iím certain we havenít squashed all the bugs just yet.

-Mike
*deevergote*
See more
See less

Alignment issues after traction bar install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alignment issues after traction bar install

I recently got an alignment done on the cb after installing an ESP traction bar because I was feeling some weird steering issues. Plus its good anyway.. The tech says that my caster is way off and the traction bar maxed out of adjustment. Like physically maxed out no more threads. He said it needs to be like an inch more forward to get the desired caster. Have any of you guys heard of anything like this or have a solution? Also, I have FFC rear LCA's and Toe arms. And now he is saying that I need adjustable rear toe arms to fix the toe?(After spending all that $) What are the best adjustable rear toe arms for the cb? Megan is the only ones I've found and I usually do not like Megan products. Or of some way I can fix toe with the FFC rear toe arms would be ideal! Thanks guys any input would be appreciated

I haven’t had an issue with getting the front aligned. Especially caster, toe was always the issue with my set-up but that’s because of how low I am. It would rub the fender to get it into spec. What’s your suspension set up?

As for the rear I have FFC rear LCA and Toe arms. I haven’t gotten the rear aligned yet, but I believe your only option is Megan and I think hard racing may make some. Or doing the washer trick.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley_cb7 View Post
      I recently got an alignment done on the cb after installing an ESP traction bar because I was feeling some weird steering issues. Plus its good anyway.. The tech says that my caster is way off and the traction bar maxed out of adjustment. Like physically maxed out no more threads. He said it needs to be like an inch more forward to get the desired caster. Have any of you guys heard of anything like this or have a solution? Also, I have FFC rear LCA's and Toe arms. And now he is saying that I need adjustable rear toe arms to fix the toe?(After spending all that $) What are the best adjustable rear toe arms for the cb? Megan is the only ones I've found and I usually do not like Megan products. Or of some way I can fix toe with the FFC rear toe arms would be ideal! Thanks guys any input would be appreciated
      I've had no issues too. Running 3.4 - 3.8 caster on the front. With a ESP Traction bar. And mine is maxed out too. Whats your #s?
      You'll need some rear camber if you're going low. I use ingals as they have the angle to them.

-

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
        I haven’t had an issue with getting the front aligned. Especially caster, toe was always the issue with my set-up but that’s because of how low I am. It would rub the fender to get it into spec. What’s your suspension set up?

As for the rear I have FFC rear LCA and Toe arms. I haven’t gotten the rear aligned yet, but I believe your only option is Megan and I think hard racing may make some. Or doing the washer trick.
        Setup is GC/Koni yellows.. I usually stay away from Megan but it seems those rear toe arms do get decent reviews so that may be an option for the rear. My main concern is the front tho

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post

I've had no issues too. Running 3.4 - 3.8 caster on the front. With a ESP Traction bar. And mine is maxed out too. Whats your #s?
          You'll need some rear camber if you're going low. I use ingals as they have the angle to them.

-
          Nah, I'm not too worried about rear camber, unless you're talking about one that can effect toe as well? But yeah, caster is 2.5 Lf and 2.3 Rf MAXED out. Camber's 3* and toe in front is .01* Rear toe is off .3 and .12*

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley_cb7 View Post

Nah, I'm not too worried about rear camber, unless you're talking about one that can effect toe as well? But yeah, caster is 2.5 Lf and 2.3 Rf MAXED out. Camber's 3* and toe in front is .01* Rear toe is off .3 and .12*
            Riight, so something is not correct. Your ESP bar is showing no threads like mine?

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post

Riight, so something is not correct. Your ESP bar is showing no threads like mine?

Yes sir looks just like that.. idk I’m gonna have to do something.. either switch to an Innovative traction bar or go back to stock crossmember.. because let me tell you I can feel it, steering feels sketchy af

Comment

But hold on. Are cars are identical and the amount of lowered doesn't account for the caster. (I'm 2.2" lowered running 2 degrees camber). So this implies your ESP bar is different. Measure the silver part of the ESP traction bar, what's the length?
                This and does your wheel not look centred in the wheel well?

edit: the LCA portion installed correctly too?
                Last edited by Raf99; 10-17-2020, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X