is there really a law...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there really a law...

...about haveing your car lower then 2". i just got a ticket for haveing my car too low....
    I Got my Accord, My girl has a I-roc Z ...how is this fair???

wtf

are you serious??

ive never heard f that

maynbe a law about ti being too low to the ground, but nothing about the actual hieght difference from stock, is what i would guess

-- Check out my CB -- My CRV blackhousing thread!!-- My CG coupe--

Comment

I think so...

btw how did they mesure it? cuz looking at your siggy, your car looks high

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

I can vouch for FLa...not Ga....but in fl the cops use to tell us that if it looks low theyll pull u over, bust out a yard stick and go from there...never heard of anyone getting a ticket but id assume if they pull you over for it there has to be a law...but then again they do like to harass ricers....that was there words not mine lol.

Comment

some places its the height of the headlight while its on or something like that
          Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by blackcb7
            some places its the height of the headlight while its on or something like that

Well in fl they said they use the yard stick from the bottom of the bumper...or lip depending on what you have

Comment

well there are DOT regulations for headlight height and such, and technically any cop can give you a ticket for it... its possible that theres laws about vehicle height as well, but im not sure. people/cops generally overlook that though and leave lowered cars alone, but more or less depending on ur area.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Something about the headlights need to be 21" off the ground or something like that. You can also get a ticket for your vehicle being lifted too high.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_Rocky
                  ...about haveing your car lower then 2". i just got a ticket for haveing my car too low....
                  let me guess, Cobb County PD right? later.
                  Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

well shouldnt camaros get stoped then? because they come droped
                    old accord
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2261780

Comment

In Mass, its 2" up or 2" down. It's all subjective though, because my friend got nailed with an altered ride height back in the day.

Comment

Did you think the office just made it up on the spot?

Georgia Code 40-8-6. Easily found on the web.

40-8-6.
                        (a) It shall be unlawful to alter the suspension system of any private passenger motor vehicle which may be operated on any public street or highway more than two inches above or below the factory recommendation for any such vehicle.
                        (b) It shall be unlawful to operate any private passenger motor vehicle upon any highway, roadway, or street if the suspension system of such vehicle has been altered more than two inches above or below the factory recommendation for such vehicle.
                        (c) It shall be unlawful to operate any motor vehicle upon any highway, roadway, or street if the springs relative to the suspension system are broken.
                        (d) Any person violating this Code section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor
                        2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                        Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                        1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

I never heard of this crazy law.

Comment

Originally posted by CustomLowz
                            Something about the headlights need to be 21" off the ground or something like that. You can also get a ticket for your vehicle being lifted too high.
                            i think thats cali. in RI youre hight has to be within 4" of stock up or down

Comment

Originally posted by accordoholic
                              I never heard of this crazy law.
                              There are a lot worse laws here in NYC...

Comment

Working...
                              X