No announcement yet.

17s with 2in drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanx everyone for your info. for the weekend while i was out i looked at other cb7s with 17s on them. just looking to see if it looks like its been rubbing.

owquitit. i love your sig man. lmao. and thanx for your info and advice also

edit. do any of yall have any pics of guy with a 2in drop and 17s?

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
      Yeah I have no idea, because I have had people in the car and stuff in the trunk. It wasn't fully loaded, but it was heavy enough that it should have rubbed if it was going to. Same thing with large undulations in the road.

Maybe your roads are worse, or there is enough bushing deflection on your car or something.

I am almost positive I could go with a 225 and not have a problem. At least in the front.

Is it rubbing the suspension or the inner wheel well lip?

That is one think I have noticed is kind of screwy with Hondas. On one car, something may rub, and on another identical car it may not.

I remember fighting with the guys at discount tire who told me I couldn't use anything bigger than a 205/40 because it would rub.

Of course, those are ideal CIVIC tires, and most people don't seem to understand that the Accord is NOT a CIVIC! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I rub on the outer fender lip. I only rub on the drivers side, and it's only when I'm taking a corner fast enough for weight transfer to occur with people in the backseat of the car. I played around with my strut settings just to see if that would improve anything and it it did, but not to the level I was hoping.

However, I do know my upper control arm ball joints in the back are bad on both sides. I replaced one already and I'll do the other one when it warms up. Maybe that's causing the issue.

I hear ya on the 205/40 thing...everywhere I went wanted to put me in a 205/40...I'm like guys, I want a 215/45 tire...stupid people not understanding my urge to close wheel gap.

I wonder if it's the design of the tire that's causing issues. I've heard sometimes even the actual tire design can determine whether the tires rub or not.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
        I wonder if it's the design of the tire that's causing issues. I've heard sometimes even the actual tire design can determine whether the tires rub or not.

never heard og that. ill look it up tho. i never thought the design would do determine if it rubs or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
          thanx everyone for your info. for the weekend while i was out i looked at other cb7s with 17s on them. just looking to see if it looks like its been rubbing.

owquitit. i love your sig man. lmao. and thanx for your info and advice also

edit. do any of yall have any pics of guy with a 2in drop and 17s?

LOL! Thanks.

My pics are in my Member's ride thread.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I rub on the outer fender lip. I only rub on the drivers side, and it's only when I'm taking a corner fast enough for weight transfer to occur with people in the backseat of the car. I played around with my strut settings just to see if that would improve anything and it it did, but not to the level I was hoping.

However, I do know my upper control arm ball joints in the back are bad on both sides. I replaced one already and I'll do the other one when it warms up. Maybe that's causing the issue.

I hear ya on the 205/40 thing...everywhere I went wanted to put me in a 205/40...I'm like guys, I want a 215/45 tire...stupid people not understanding my urge to close wheel gap.

I am thinking it is suspension slop, or maybe bent components or something. The balljoint could be an issue for sure.

I am thinking there must be something out of sorts or it would rub both ways.

Maybe it is a blown strut or something.

And yes, even though they may be the same "size" not all tires are the same. there is some variation in overall width, etc.

Comment

I am thinking it is suspension slop, or maybe bent components or something. The balljoint could be an issue for sure.

I am thinking there must be something out of sorts or it would rub both ways.

Maybe it is a blown strut or something.

And yes, even though they may be the same "size" not all tires are the same. there is some variation in overall width, etc.
              Hmm...I can't see how I'd have a blown AGX with only roughly 10K miles on them, especially not a back strut.

I'll have to see if the car sits level...you have me wondering now. I'll get around to the other ball joint and see what's up there.

Comment

i never rubbed with 215/40/17s and i was dropped below 2in...
                H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

im gonna go about the same drop and everyone has told me i'll be fine.

"Up Down, Slide To Slide"

Members ride thread- ]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=63019]

Comment

Hmm...I can't see how I'd have a blown AGX with only roughly 10K miles on them, especially not a back strut.

I'll have to see if the car sits level...you have me wondering now. I'll get around to the other ball joint and see what's up there.
                    Well I was just thinking it is a possibility.

Something to look at.

No offense or anything, but I have heard a lot of horror stories about AGX's blowing out on lowered cars in a short amount of time.

Comment

i've got 215/45R17's and i only rub on the inside rear fender well when im cornering hard. my car is lowered prob. 2 in with GC coilovers but i prob. just need to roll the inside of my fenders or something like that

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
                        i've got 215/45R17's and i only rub on the inside rear fender well when im cornering hard. my car is lowered prob. 2 in with GC coilovers but i prob. just need to roll the inside of my fenders or something like that

owquitit doesnt look like much of a drop to me. lol. but im sure the neuspeeds do give you a decent drop tho.

Losiracer. how much of a drop do you have? i keep looking at the rims im gettin and they look bigger than 17s but the tire size says they're 17s.

Comment

I dont really know exactly.....but i can put two fingers in front and 1.5 in the back. But it only started rubbing when i changed tires to these fuzion zri's 215/45r17. i had hancook ventus hrII's on there before with the same size but those didn't rub at all. I guess the Fuzions have a wider sidewall or something

member's ride thread
                          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                          91 Accord SE 176k
                          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I have 215/45-17's on my car with a 2" drop and a +40 offset.

I have never rubbed on anything.
                            how much higher is 215/45 then the 215/40 i need to close wheel gap

Comment

Working...
                            X