Frankenstein question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frankenstein question...

wats the ups an downs of a H23 head on f22 block with a p14 ecu..

92smokeaccord did it but with f22b head on a f22a block.
    Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
    93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Originally posted by thepowderblue View Post
      92smokeaccord did it but with f22b head on a f22a block.
      indead i did.if i had to recamend any frank this would be the only one.a f22b dohc non vtec head and a f22a bottom end.straight head swap.its the same as swaping a f22a head on a f22a block.as for your h23head swap,no the h23 head has a combustion chamber of 87mm and the f22a blocks bore is 85mm.this leaves a lip of 2mm which will create hot spots.it will eventually blow up.

also the only reason i swaped heads was because i had no choice.i blew the botom end on my f22b so i used a decent replacement.

my new turbo build

Comment

You're too lazy to search, so I assume you're too lazy to make such an engine work.

I've gone into detail about why this is a bad idea literally dozens of times on this site.
        92smokeaccord summed it up pretty well. The only other things to add are the fact that you'd have very low compression, and the bottom end won't safely rev as high as the head would need, meaning you'd shift mid-powerband.

The H23A1 has 20hp more than the F22A6. The differences include higher compression and larger displacement. By swapping the head, you're removing those two factors... so if you gain 5hp, it'd be impressive. Not worth building an unreliable motor.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          You're too lazy to search, so I assume you're too lazy to make such an engine work.

I've gone into detail about why this is a bad idea literally dozens of times on this site.
          92smokeaccord summed it up pretty well. The only other things to add are the fact that you'd have very low compression, and the bottom end won't safely rev as high as the head would need, meaning you'd shift mid-powerband.

The H23A1 has 20hp more than the F22A6. The differences include higher compression and larger displacement. By swapping the head, you're removing those two factors... so if you gain 5hp, it'd be impressive. Not worth building an unreliable motor.
          Dont assume, it makes an ass outa you..

Comment

Ok, then I'll just treat it as a fact. You are lazy.

Comment

Ok, then I'll just treat it as a fact. You are lazy.
              An ill asume that you are an ass..

Comment

Your sig is too large.

Comment

Your sig is too large.
                  So..

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyblaze2g View Post
                    So..
                    Read the rules and re size it or deev will delete it if your lucky but if you wanna be a smart ass to him he loves to ban.
                    Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
                    93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Fixed.
                      Resume being lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by thepowderblue View Post
                        Read the rules and re size it or deev will delete it if your lucky but if you wanna be a smart ass to him he loves to ban.
                        Let me tell you somethin buddy he always had a problem wit me I dont know where it came from but I wont kiss his ass like I see most people do so I really dont care what he likes to do, hes a smart ass to me so hell get the same treatment from me..

Comment

Fixed.
                          Resume being lazy.
                          Grow balls..

Comment

why get mad cause your not being told what you wanted to hear.

Comment

It's rather early in the conversation to start discussing each other's genitalia, don't you think?

I answered your question, in far more detail than you deserved. I actually answered it dozens of times, but you're too lazy to bother searching. Therefore, I called you lazy... yet answered your question anyhow. You want to know my problem with you? You're lazy, and you show no respect to anyone. You type like a retarded toddler that snuck into daddy's liquor cabinet. Do you really think that you're so special that I picked you, out of all the thousands of members on this forum, to mess with? No. You're a lazy, selfish, disrespectful moron. Pat yourself on the back, junior... you're special!

I'm not looking for anyone to kiss my ass. In fact, ass kissers annoy the hell out of me.
                              I've had it out with the other 3 members that have posted in this thread... but you know what? They respect me, and I respect them.

Comment

Working...
                              X