What items are these and what do i need? 5 Speed Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What items are these and what do i need? 5 Speed Swap

I have these items but the seller couldnt name off everything as his dad sold it for him. I bought this stuff from Ryan aka Redlined302 on here. I believe i have these parts for the swap.

1. 5 speed tranny
    2. 5 speed shifter assembly w/ cables
    3. 5 speed clutch pedal assembly
    4. 5 speed brake and gas pedal arms
    5. Clutch Master cylinder w/ reservior & lines
    6. Clutch line from clutch master cylinder to clutch dampener????
    7. Clutch line from clutch dampener to 5 speed tranny??
    8. Clutch line from 5 speed tranny to slave cylinder
    9. Slave Cylinder

Is that all correct? Also is the intermediate shaft already in the transmission?

I know i need a 5 speed axel (driver), 5 speed starter, clutch dampener???, Clutch Kit from rock auto & a flywheel. plus any bolts. Any help from those who have done the swap? THANKS A BUNCH!!!
    1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
    For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

looks 90% complete to me. You dont need the clutch damper. It just takes some vibration out of the pedal. Honestly I like to feel what the clutch is doing better

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe View Post
      looks 90% complete to me. You dont need the clutch damper. It just takes some vibration out of the pedal. Honestly I like to feel what the clutch is doing better
      I too didn't use the damper. I did pull one from a donor car but decided to not use it because it was all rusty and stuff.

As for the slave cylinder and the CMC, just buy new ones for the peace of mind. Those are two parts i would never reuse.

I got an Exedy clutch kit off of ebay from a seller named Gripforce for a great price. I just checked on there and they are still around it seems.

OP, from your pictures, i didn't see an intermediate shaft. Looks like you're still going to have to get one.

I also didn't see the clutch case cover

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...RQUE+CONVERTER

Item #1 in that diagram
      Last edited by Leung; 10-22-2012, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Where would you suggest to get the intermediate shaft at? I did not see one at Rock auto which is my main trusted site. Would NAPA/Auto zone have those available from a good brand? I'll ask them tomorrow if i have time to go in. so then dampener and included lines are not necessary for a swap correct? Just if I prefer it?

Comment

Buy an SS clutch line, that goes from CMC to slave, you'll have a better feel.

The that shaft you need go to a junkyard and get just have to remove axle off driver side and 3 bolts to remove the shaft off the block..

I say while youre under the car look at and test all the ball joints ro see if you need to replace them
          NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
          DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

I'll call rock auto and see if they can include a intermediate shaft. If not I'll go to the junkyard. Also what's SS stand for?

Comment

He means stainless steel but in the brake/clutch line world they are referred to as steel braided. Pretty sure its a 10mm fitting on the slave and a 12mm on the master cylinder. You could get one custom made but just made sure one of the fittings is a swivel fitting so you can tighten it.

Comment

Thanks man, I'll look into it. On a good note my rack & pinion is almost on

Comment

here is the link to order the stainless clutch line if you choose not to use the oem hardline.
                  http://www.techna-fit.com/contacts.html

i ordered mine 55" and 10mm fitting on one end and 12mm on the clutch master side.

you are also going to need the 8 flywheel bolts and i think 5 bolts for the clutch
                  the flywheel bolts are longer than the ones for the auto flexplate so do not try to use those. as for tools you will need 12 point 17mm socket and 12 point 10mm socket
                  Budget Street is offline working in the shop

drop the mouse and pick up a wrench

Originally posted by deevergote
                  Good for you. You don't even know how to spell VTEC.

Comment

He included some bolts for the transmission also so I'll either look through those or just go to the junkyard when I get the intermediate shaft and axel. The flywheel bolts should be inside the housing right?

Comment

Originally posted by Wickit View Post
                      He included some bolts for the transmission also so I'll either look through those or just go to the junkyard when I get the intermediate shaft and axel. The flywheel bolts should be inside the housing right?
                      yeah you'll have to remove the tranny bell housing to get to the flywheel and its bolts. remember to grab that little black cover i told you about in a previous reply.

Comment

You're doing it big man. Keep up the good work.
                        10th Anniversary Accord.
                        05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                          yeah you'll have to remove the tranny bell housing to get to the flywheel and its bolts. remember to grab that little black cover i told you about in a previous reply.
                          Alright thanks, hopefully I can get a EX so I can take the axel & intermediate shaft too. And it's the clutch case cover right? I'll see of I can get that too.
                          Originally posted by 10thAnnivCB7 View Post
                          You're doing it big man. Keep up the good work.
                          Thanks man much appreciated

Comment

Kidnap a Honda tech for a weekend, feed him beer after hours...

Comment

I also noticed that the transmission is missing the clutch release fork and the rubber boot, these are external so don't worry:

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...CLUTCH+HOUSING

^6, 8, and 9 in diagram

I cannot remember if the auto vehicle speed sensor swaps right into the manual tranny either, anyone?

Make sure you have ALL your nuts/bolts/fasteners ahead of time. It looks like you have 90% of the stuff, but it's not all there unfortunately

Comment

Working...
                              X