No announcement yet.

Straight Success H22 Swap Journal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JUST PULL THE MOTOR OUT ALREADY YOUR KILLING ME By the time your done tearing stuff out you'll just reach in and pull the block out by hand
    Wife: "Why do you get G power platinum and i only get V power?"
    Me:"Cause i have the high compression 93 octane only H22 and you have the bullet proof F22."
    Wife:........................"But yours are prettier"

---------------------------------------------------
    Wife:Baby, not everybody wants to do the 93 conversion"
    Me:YES THEY DO, THEY JUST DON'T KNOW IT YET.

Comment

Lol. I'm so damn busy, and I have to make sure I can sit the F some place where it's not in the way of anything. I'm sure carrying that F will be a workout and a half. I have to carefully continue to plan this. I'm planning to sit the F in the back yard, but getting it back there isn't that easy of a task. I'm going to call my father and see if he can help pull it Thursday. Stay tuned.
      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

*bump*

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Thanks. Yesterday I went to my aunt's house, and I removed
          the intake manifold from the motor. I began taking it apart to begin cleaning it up. That's where I'm at now. This week the F should finally be removed. I have to add some fluid to my hoist, but that should be easy. Hopefully everything works out.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Its getting close!
            How about getting a cheap dolly from harbor freight to sit and roll the engine on?

Comment

Unbolt the head from the block if carrying it is really that much of a concern. Just cut the timing belt once the timing cover is removed to save you the hassle of taking the everything else apart. You don't give much of a shit about this engine right?

SO once the head is out the block/rotational mass should weigh in around 175-200 and that'll be easier to man down on your own if you have to. Good luck man. Been there. I used a pair of 8' 2x4's to slide an engine, sort of, it rolled eventually(lol)

Anyways, improvise player, thats all I am saying.

Keep up the good work man!!
              Originally posted by wed3k
              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Almost this whole week it gonna be in the 70's lol. If your not really busy, now would be an opportunity to make a dent in your swap.
                my daily driver. (AOM June 2010)

"she may not look like much, but she's got it were it counts kid. Made a lot of special modifications myself."
                MR page

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=76111

Comment

Motor is coming out today. I've done a lot of prep work, and I have tons of pictures.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

6 pages and no motor out? Come in with the pics.

Hope everything is going well. We started about the same time. My motor is in but I'm not sure I'm ahead of you. Just installed the new header and cat. My laptop died so I can't do any tuning. New laptop hopefully be here wed. The hondata stock h22 map is really rich.

Good luck. I know during my swap I wanted to post pics. But I was just too busy with other stuff. I don't even think I took any.

Steve

Comment

Sorry for the wait everyone. I will update everything with tons of pictures and information once I get out of this hot ass bubble bath. I am tired as fuck!

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Teaser for now until I get to a computer.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Okay, so after all is said and done, I am able to show what progress I've made.

I've been extremely busy with work, school, and mother natue awakward weather paterns, but in the interim I continued to freshen up and perform preventative maintenence on my new baby.

About a week or so ago, I went and took the whole intake manifold off of the motor to clean it up and make the transition to USDM standards. I'm basically impllying switching of the fuel rails, cleaning up the dirty ass injectors, and getting all of the caked up carbon out of the EGR system. What a mess.

Only the manifold got the GUNK treatment. Everything else was clean with carb/intake cleaner/spray.

I also removed the clutch and flywheel in preparation of replacing the oil pan and the rear main seal.

I have more pictures of this, and I'll post them sometime in the near future.

Time to tell about removing the motor. On Saturday, April 13, 2013, the F22A6 was removed from the car; just my dad and I, and on the street ! It was a nice 60+ degree day, and...

I'll update the commentary later as all of my typing somehow was deleted, and I don't feel like typing it all again.

I also removed all of the hard lines that went to/from the ABS. What a major PITA! I'M SO SERIOUS! I got so frusted that I took a pair of dykes, and just cut them all out. I'm planning to run fresh lines, so I picked up 25' of 3/16" breakeline and the correct fittings to complete everything. Pictures will follow.

Saty tuned. I have way more pictures and commentary.
                          Last edited by Straight Success; 04-14-2013, 09:22 PM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

man thats some gusto right there swappin on the side of the street. but man whered you get your motor? that shit was dirty as fuck, and on the inside of the bell housing? you were already at the point where you coulda easily popped the head off and cleaned up in there. the back sides of the valves are probably all nasty too but to each his own. i have the luxury of time, and the space..and since the motor was a premium its getting the most time. all im getting at is based on the outside condition and it already being out of the car such an intricate thing should have been broke down and inspected. you put in the effort and kinda cheated yourself. I hope things are smooth still after you put some hours on it.

Oh harbor freight has a sweet pair of brake line pliars for bending with ease and quality and theyre cheap
                            Last edited by illinois_erik; 04-14-2013, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Great updates bro :-)

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
                                X