No announcement yet.

Straight Success H22 Swap Journal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All seals and gasket on the block are done. Replaced every last one.

Tonight or tomorrow, I'll be installing my new oil pan. From there the only thing left to do before putting the block back into the car is put helicoils in the transmission mounting holes.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Hey you might want to borrow/buy a 2-3in stubby 9/16 open end wrench to adjust the KS tensioner the wrench they send works but it hits the subframe and makes it a pain to get right.

Just in case you don't know or no one said put the timing belt on before you drop the motor in, Pin the Cams but you might have to flex one of the cams to get it perfect. TDC #1 line it all up put the belt on take some of the slack off the water pump side by rotating CCW about 3 teeth on the cams then set your tension, Rotate the motor CCW 4x and see how it lines up.

It is wayyyy fucking easier to do it when the motor is out.
      If you have any questions let me know
      (If anyone thinks I'm off on anything let me know)

Oh I put my external Coil with the stock F bracket on the smaller starter bolt with the Rubber boot facing the radiator its a pretty decent spot for it.
      H22A, Short Ram, AEM Uego, Chipped P28 with Crome, A/C Delete, Rear disc conversion. (Front Tein Basic Coilovers, H&R springs 1.7/1.5, and Fog lights waiting to be installed.)

Comment

Sorry for the absence. Been busy.

I'm ordering the rest of the stuff I need for the swap, so it'll be done within the next month; I pray!

- D. Chappelle

Comment

So this swap has been a... Straight Success.
          Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

I'm waiting till you slap that H in there and have a video first start, that makes anyone heart melt.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Okay, I know I disappeared for a while. The reason is, I've relocated to Ohio, and the car has been sitting. I just ordered the helicoil set that I need to fix the damaged bolt holes on the block where the clutch housing mates to.

I'll be traveling back home the second week in August, and I plan to completely have the block re-assembled. I'll start preparing the wiring here in Ohio to make a dent in the swap progress.

With the block completely assembled, all I would have to do is mate it to the transmission and drop it in the car. Once that's complete, then I can put the head on, and that should complete her. I'm shooting to have it completed by sometime in August.

Stay tuned.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Can't wait for it
                10th Anniversary Accord.
                05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                  Okay, I know I disappeared for a while. The reason is, I've relocated to Ohio, and the car has been sitting. I just ordered the helicoil set that I need to fix the damaged bolt holes on the block where the clutch housing mates to.

I'll be traveling back home the second week in August, and I plan to completely have the block re-assembled. I'll start preparing the wiring here in Ohio to make a dent in the swap progress.

With the block completely assembled, all I would have to do is mate it to the transmission and drop it in the car. Once that's complete, then I can put the head on, and that should complete her. I'm shooting to have it completed by sometime in August.

Stay tuned.
                  Thats good news my H23A Blue Top will be swapped to my new chassis soon possible beginning of september.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Man, that AC unit will kick ass in your car!

Just kidding, great to see someone getting the job done no matter what it takes!!

Comment

New motor mounts are ordered.

It's go time when I get back to Philly!

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Keep up the straight success of your swap. (No pun intended... )

Personally, you're a hero to me because while I'm m onitoring your swap, I'm also in the process of getting my blue top swap too. But, due to turbulent times in the job market (I got laid off), my project is put on hold until I can get my clutch kit, flywheel, ECU & jumper harness, and power steering pump, bracket & line...

Overall, you're doing a badass job! You're gangsta mos def for doing this on the streets!

"There are only two types of people in this world... Those who run & win, and those who sit at the sidelines & watch the winners pass them by."

My YouTube Channel! - There's more videos here!
                        Check 'em out, hit LIKE, or even better, stay updated with more vids when you SUBSCRIBE, including vids of my JDM H23A swap!

Comment

Originally posted by Accord1320 View Post
                          Keep up the straight success of your swap. (No pun intended... )

Personally, you're a hero to me because while I'm m onitoring your swap, I'm also in the process of getting my blue top swap too. But, due to turbulent times in the job market (I got laid off), my project is put on hold until I can get my clutch kit, flywheel, ECU & jumper harness, and power steering pump, bracket & line...

Overall, you're doing a badass job! You're gangsta mos def for doing this on the streets!
                          Thanks. I really need my car now, so I have to get it done soon. It's ready, and I have what I need except for the time. That, and I'm separated by 500 miles from her, so...

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Man that's dedication. My entire swap took less than 2 weeks from F22A6 to H22A back in Nov 08'. Brings back some memories of sleepless nights doing research and sometimes sleeping on the garage floor since I was so tired.

Well technically I just did an Auto swap to an MP1A LSD Auto first, and then followed up with my 5spd M2A4 9 months later, then 6 months later M2B4, but I'm glad you still have the drive to get it done.

5 yrs later and 60k and my H22 is feeling a little tired now....idles kinda funny, almost misses sometimes especially when cold but still pulls hard when warmed up. Definitely a time for a tuneup and a once over.

Keep it up! I want to see that start up video!

member's ride thread
                            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                            91 Accord SE 176k
                            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Stay tuned.
                              IMO it is easier to put the whole shabang in at once. Transmission and long block already timed with intake manifold and exhaust manifold in place and fully wired with vacuum and coolant lines placed already.

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                                Man that's dedication. My entire swap took less than 2 weeks from F22A6 to H22A back in Nov 08'. Brings back some memories of sleepless nights doing research and sometimes sleeping on the garage floor since I was so tired.

Well technically I just did an Auto swap to an MP1A LSD Auto first, and then followed up with my 5spd M2A4 9 months later, then 6 months later M2B4, but I'm glad you still have the drive to get it done.

5 yrs later and 60k and my H22 is feeling a little tired now....idles kinda funny, almost misses sometimes especially when cold but still pulls hard when warmed up. Definitely a time for a tuneup and a once over.

Keep it up! I want to see that start up video!
                                You shall have it sir; you shall have it soon.

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                                IMO it is easier to put the whole shabang in at once. Transmission and long block already timed with intake manifold and exhaust manifold in place and fully wired with vacuum and coolant lines placed already.
                                I agree, but having it ripped all apart sitting in the basement comes from having to carry it up and down 16 steps, through a living room, dining room, kitchen, front porch, 5 more steps, etc. This is the luxury of city row home living.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                                X