F22b won't go past 90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22b won't go past 90

OK, so my brake booster WAS leaking, which gave me a huge vacuum leak and that why i thought the car wouldn't accelerate. Now the booster is fixed, no more vacuum leak and the car still gets up to 90 fast as balls but then dogs bad. I have the f22b dohc and the 5spd jdm prelude tranny. I have the IAB's hooked up by a vacuum line from the Intake Mannifold like a lot of other people. Anyone know why is dogging like this? Or is it just the nature of this engine?

eh what ecu you running because alot of jdm ecus have governators on them so they wont let you go past a set speed.
    F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
    My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
    Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

lol 90 mph. The governor kicks in around 118 ish. Tire size can effect it lol.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

thats odd. my f22b dohc takes me past 100mph easy and thats with a f22a tranny.
        The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
        Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
        Check out my JDM F22B swap
        Watch my CB7 video

Comment

i do 120 before the governor kicks in on my f22b+p39 ecu.
          People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
          The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Is your VSS working properly?
            As stated what ecu are you using?

Comment

The ECu is a p39, came from the same car as the tranny and engine. The VSS is new and from a 95 H23 lude. Its not that I can't go past 100 like a governor, it just gets a lot slower past 90 and i was trying to figure out if somethings wrong or if thats just the nature of this motor/tranny combo.

Comment

my gov kicked in after hittin 130+

Comment

you shouldnt be goin 90 in the first place haha jk

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
                  New people click here

Comment

Originally posted by kelton
                    you shouldnt be goin 90 in the first place haha jk
                    lol, only 90? fuel filter perhaps?

Comment

filters brand new, got it from honda while doing the swap. What does the top end feel like to everyone else that has a f22b?

Comment

Either ECU related or I'm thinking possibly cam timing issues. Can you rev freely or does your power die off earlier than it should RPM wise?

Example: On my bro's 90 Accord EX 5spd, came back from honda dealer with timing belt off by one tooth. To average person it started up, idled normally, but when you revved it up in each gear it'd go up to 5000 rpms no problem, then from 5000 to 5500 rpm it was a total dog and it would not rev past 5500 rpm (upshifting). I checked cam timing, reset the T-belt where it should be and it was fine.
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

my top end feels great. i can feel a small kick right after the 4k mark on my tach. i think thats when the dual runners open up, it feels nice
                          The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
                          Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
                          Check out my JDM F22B swap
                          Watch my CB7 video

Comment

yea i get that kick too, it sounds so much better when that happens I took it past 90 in fourth (about 5500) and it feels better, guess i was just getting worried. My timing is fine, it never actually dogs, just gets slower

Comment

If your in fourth gear it shouldnt feel so slow, but 5th, fuckin dead
                              FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
                              Pm meX
                              I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
                              H22A Swap
                              I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Working...
                              X