ac compressor not cutting on on newly rebuilt ac system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ac compressor not cutting on on newly rebuilt ac system

My ac system wont work at times. This started yesterday. The compressor just stopped engaging and will do this for long periods. I haven't checked anything yet and plan on later today possibly. Here is some history. Car sat for a year up until a few weeks ago. New tranny was just installed days ago. Entire ac system was rebuilt about 2 years ago and has worked flawlessly since. I thought i most likely hit and messed something up taking out the tranny and reinstalling a new one. Or i thought maybe my high pressure sensor is acting up. The only thing i can think to do is to pull out my ac gauges and check my high and low pressure side readings and see if i am low on freon. I honestly don't think i am low on freon as my compressor would still cut off and on if that was the case. I must of damaged something taking tranny in and out. What could it be as there are ac lines there but i didn't break any of them so am at a loss.

If the system is low on Freon, it will be low on pressure. There is a pressure switch behind the left headlight. If the pressure is too low, it won't allow the compressor to turn on. You can check this by pulling the connector from the switch, then jump it (simulates the pressure being high enough); if the compressor will then come on, then you're likely low on Freon.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetw00d View Post
      If the system is low on Freon, it will be low on pressure. There is a pressure switch behind the left headlight. If the pressure is too low, it won't allow the compressor to turn on. You can check this by pulling the connector from the switch, then jump it (simulates the pressure being high enough); if the compressor will then come on, then you're likely low on Freon.
      Am going to check it with a gauge set. As i know i need to do that first and fix cam seal as oil is dropping every where over there. At the same time the ac compressor wouldn't cut on engine was spattering like it was missing. Made me think it was something electrical but the ac system is totally separate and independent except for what parts. IACV and the belt their connected to. Maybe i need to check my alternator output also. As that is pretty easy. Car sat for a year but was driven plenty before tranny went in. Am thinking it is something related to that.

Comment

Working...
      X