Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch Pedal won't come back UP???

Yo everybody, so what gives here?

I can't drive my car now. Can't even shift into gears.

I checked my clutch fluid reservior and it was mad low. Figured that was it. So I filled it up and still pedals sits on floor. Then I figure air might be in the sysytem and see clear fluid on ground right under tranny (leak due to air in system), so I heard now I must bleed entire sysytem and fill back up. This sucks.

Anyone know how to do this, also heard you need 2 people for this job.

Remember I cant drive and aint gonna pay for towwing of a few blocks to nearest Mr. Clutch.

Thanks. Oh yeah, I have 93 CB7 with an H22A swap, if it makes a difference.
    I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something at some point, but I can't accept not trying". MJ23

Time and Money BOTH is why I do what I do

When My clutch went to the floor, and didn't come back up, it was my slave cylinder...i had the exact same symptoms as you...

Comment

ya if your master cylinder is holding fluid,next thing i would check is your slave cylinder.good luck.and ya make sure you bleed the systom.its easier with 2 peeps.good luck.

Comment

Hey. Just a note: When u bleed a clutch, it is normal for the pedal to go to the floor. you need 2 pull it back up, therfore yes you do need 2 people. so if the line is leaking the pedal will stay on the floor but you would likely be able to see a leak

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

I agree with accordwarrior, it's the slave cylinder. Mine did that too last year. I would fill the reservoir and it would kinda work for like 1 day, then I would have to do it again. I got stranded up in the hills of Tennessee and couldn't get my car into gear, it sucked real bad. All I could think was Deliverence, ha.

A wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
          Frost White CB7 Crew - Member #4
          Official Ebay Whore Crew #9

Comment

Same problem two years ago, replaced slave cylinder. Had no problems for like 5 months then I had to replace my master cylinder.

Comment

Pin pointed my problem

Thanks guys for all of your comments and advice. Well I found out that it is iNDEED my slave cylinder that the leakage is coming from. Basically, the boot part (rubber orcordian thingy) is ripped. Just ordered a new one for the H22A, now the question is, "How hard is it to remove old one and replace with new unit?" All help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Slam.
              I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something at some point, but I can't accept not trying". MJ23

Time and Money BOTH is why I do what I do

Comment

Hey well that's good you found the problem. Now just fix it heh. I wish i could tell you how to do it but i can't i had a website but i just lost it

hope someone can help

Comment

Re: Pin pointed my problem

Originally posted by ERACER
                  Just ordered a new one for the H22A, now the question is, "How hard is it to remove old one and replace with new unit?" All help greatly appreciated.
                  its actually really easy... i was having clutch problems and i thought mine was bad, so i used my old f22 one on my h22 and it worked fine... so i guess they are interchangeable.

about installing it, disconnect the hard clutch line from the top of the slave cylinder by unscrewing the fitting at the end of the line (use a rag... fluid will most likely drip out). then from there its just two bolts along the bottom edge of the slave cyl that u need to take out... i think they are either 12mm or 14mm.

when you are putting the new one on, i attached the hard line loosely (do that first), greased the ball end of the plunger, fit it into place, tightened the two bolts, tightened the hard line fitting, and properly bled the system.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

hey i have the same damn problem but my problem now is i replaced the clutch slave, master cylinder, release bearing, clutch kit, and guess what ? i still have the same damn fucking problem, should i keep bleeding the system until i get the pedal to work? or what the f***should i do next...???? help please!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X