No announcement yet.

ENG: Polyurethane Engine Mount Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do it up man. im curious to see how that stuff is. if it works ill be glad to do it on my others. and hey. so what if you engine is falling off...lol. that poly urethane just might do the trick. its all good. mine can use some work too.

Michalob's CB7

Comment

Originally posted by Michalob
      Do it up man. im curious to see how that stuff is. if it works ill be glad to do it on my others. and hey. so what if you engine is falling off...lol. that poly urethane just might do the trick. its all good. mine can use some work too.
      i ordered it i think last monday night and they had it on my doorstep wed. morning....hella fast shipping. If they had any thing else i could buy from them then i'd do it.
      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

They're on backorder.... They haven't charged my credit card yet... I came home to fine ONE set (I ordered 2, one for 92accordDX)... I wonder if something got messed up and I got a free part?

Comment

Sumumabitch! I can't even get the top bolt loose! I was hoping to install the things this afternoon before work, but that's not happening... I can only fit my medium sized ratchet in there past the header, so I don't have much to work with. I guess I'll need an extender of some sort, making this a project for another day!

To loosen the bolt, it DOES go towards the front of the car, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Deevergote
            Sumumabitch! I can't even get the top bolt loose! I was hoping to install the things this afternoon before work, but that's not happening... I can only fit my medium sized ratchet in there past the header, so I don't have much to work with. I guess I'll need an extender of some sort, making this a project for another day!

To loosen the bolt, it DOES go towards the front of the car, right?

Lefty loosey, righty tighty.

If the wrench if sticking *up* from the bolt, it'll go towards the rear of the car to loosen.
            2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
            Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
            1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

hey deev i think your loosening the nut...not the bolt. When looking at the mount loosen the side that DOES NOT have a thread coming out of it. This goes for all of the mounts. Lemme know if that helps. Basically when facing the car u should be focusing on the left side of the mount not the right. And for the bottom bolt go underneath the car, get an extra rachet or something with some girth. put the rachet-extension- 17mm socket together and then put another object (i used another rachet cause it was close) and place it between the crossmember and the rachet-ext.-17mm thing...i did all this because when i got down there, there wasn't enough room for me to hold onto the extension and the rachet at the same time so i was either gonna strip the bolt because the socket wasn't sitting correctly on the bolt or i'd just be losing alot of torque due to it tilting downward as i turned the rachet. With the rachet in place, the rachet in my hand couldn't come down towards me anymore and the thing came out willingly after that. Hope that helps the lot of you out

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Yeah, that does help. I was going for the nut, not the bolt. Am I still pulling towards the front of the car (for the top bolt)? I'm all confused abou tdirection now

I might give it a shot again tomorrow. I didn't have it in for the races, so I'm in no rush now.

Comment

Yeah, that does help. I was going for the nut, not the bolt. Am I still pulling towards the front of the car (for the top bolt)? I'm all confused abou tdirection now

I might give it a shot again tomorrow. I didn't have it in for the races, so I'm in no rush now.
                  if u think that top one is a bitch...wait till u try getting the bottom one LOL. But since u know where the bolt is now pull towards the back of the car to loosen. Lemme know if this helped...bottom bolt...err... all the motor mount bolts are the same configuration...pull at the head of the bolt not the nut

Comment

See my previous reply.
                    The nut is a semi-captive variety, that prevents it from turning.

Stick your wrench on the bolt head, and turn towards the firewall.

Last edited by SteveB; 03-28-2004, 02:32 PM.
                    2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                    Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                    1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Yeah, I've been pretty open about that on here, Steve... I'm not extremely proud of that fact. No need to be condescending.

I'm fairly new at this stuff, and I never had the proper facilities to do much work. I now have my own house with a decent side yard where I can work.
                      I rushed the swap (and had a shop do it) because my F22 transmission was going. Rather than pay to have something fixed that I planned on removing soon, I just swapped the engine and transmission then.

And I missed your previous reply, apparently!

Comment

So, when you are installing the new insert, you do not really remove the old rubber piece in there, you just install the new pieces over the old and that helps hold it in place better?

Hum, maybe that is the problem I was having. I thought you had to remove the old piece that is in there.
                        Eric91Z
                        eric91z@globalccs.net
                        '92 Honda Accord EX Coupe - For Sale (email me)

Comment

Yeah, they fit right into the holes in the stock rubber. If you removed that, then you're gonna want to replace it! If it was broken anywhere, then it's best to replace it anyway. Mine was broken, but I was anxious to get the inserts in so I disregarded that... Hasn't caused any problems, but I'm not sure how much of a difference it made.

Comment

Yeah, mine wasn't broken or anything, it was just really soft. After looking at it a little more, I saw where everything lined up and did the whole thing in about 5 minutes, tops. One of the easiest things I have ever done on a car. I haven't driven it yet, though, to see if there is any difference.
                            Eric91Z
                            eric91z@globalccs.net
                            '92 Honda Accord EX Coupe - For Sale (email me)

Comment

can i do this to my AT or does it have to be a MT?
                              for sale= $2500 obo PLEASE SOMEONE BUY MY PROJECT CAR. I dont have time to work on it anymore. Full time job and DJ on weekends... no time for car ..PM me for more info

Comment

bump
                                for sale= $2500 obo PLEASE SOMEONE BUY MY PROJECT CAR. I dont have time to work on it anymore. Full time job and DJ on weekends... no time for car ..PM me for more info

Comment

Working...
                                X